Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 01:31:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did Dina have to use slotted screws?  (Read 1429 times)
belfert

« on: April 15, 2006, 05:56:22 PM »

I started stripping my Dina today.  It took forever because Dina used slotted screws to put together the luggage bays.

Who the heck uses slotted screws to manufacture anything these days?  I can't imagine how long it took to put them all in.  I probably could have removed the entire luggage rack instead of just 8 feet if they had used phillips screws.  The Dina luggage bays are put together in such a way that they basically have to dismantled in the reverse order of how they built them.

Brian Elfert
DrDave

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 07:14:36 PM »

Shocked Yeah.. And?Huh
What's your point?
Most bus interior stuff has to be de-installed in the reverse order it was installed....

It's called the "layering effect"...

Gotta remember that Dina was built by a labor force that probably couldn't grasp the concept of
phillips head screws and screwdrivers. Just kidding  Roll Eyes Grin

Actually many aircraft including military stuff uses and used flat blade screws. MCI used them in my MC9
in the oddest places and my old GMC 3102 and 4501 used then also even in structural fasteners.

Sorry, Just bored  Undecided
belfert

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 08:16:55 PM »

It is just a total pain in the a** to remove all those slotted screws.  I could way further along if they had used phillips screws.

I suppose I should be happy I'm not the guy who had to install all those da*n slotted screws.

Brian Elfert
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 08:26:27 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 10:05:31 PM »

Likely cheaper........or thats what they had......I told you how mexican's build things.

Should have paid Easter to remove them

About your Plug door......another reason why Dina and other euro buses are not sought after for conversions.....just like transits and MCi commuter buses.

To Touch base back on our conversation about DD 2 strokes not lasting.  When we had our charter company......we bought a PD4903, we were the third owner I beleive........first owner was Bonanza ( large well respected company........The had a documented 1,000,000 miles on that motor when they sold it....no rebuild.

Did you ever figure out was was wrong with your cooling........or tires?   Did you lock the fan clutch up........does it still get hot?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: