Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 05:27:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OEM floor removal??  (Read 2343 times)
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 08:51:22 PM »

Doug did you seal the edges with anything going back?   Rod

Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 09:30:25 AM »

I removed my floor and found that I had very little to repair. I found a lot of DNA that I got rid off LOL. I want my bus to be clean. Like Gumpy said I could not sleep at night knowing that junk was still there. Here are a few pictures. I used 3/4 plywood for the first layer then I insulated in the back over the engine with fire resistant blanket then up front with styrofoam. I then put a layer of 5/8 plywood on top of that. We didn't do a roof raise and have found that if you are very tall you may hit your head. My wife and I are vertically challenged so this is no problem for us.

John
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:51:59 AM by Jriddle » Logged

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 09:32:07 AM »

Here are the rest.

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
Doug1968

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »

I painted the bottom and the sides of the plywood with a marine exterior paint. I left the upper side bare wood. I fastened the plywood down with self tapping plated flush head screws. I turned out nice. Doug

1986 MCI 102A3 - 8V92 - 5 speed
Vancouver, Washington
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »

I ended up removing and replacing my original floor.  I used 3/4" T&G plywood and I still have some bounce in spots.  I removed most of the seat rails, but it turns out they also provided support for the floor.  I should have welded some braces in while the floor was out.

I don't have any vents under my floor like an MCI.  Dina actually placed an aluminum pan filled with spray foam under the floor everywhere except over the luggage bays.  Over the luggage bays I put epoxy paint of the back side of the plywood.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
MikeH

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 01:44:35 PM »

I painted the bottom and the sides of the plywood with a marine exterior paint. I left the upper side bare wood. I fastened the plywood down with self tapping plated flush head screws. I turned out nice. Doug

I'm sure your mom will be happy to hear that!  Cheesy Cheesy (Sorry, couldn't resist....)

With tongue firmly in my cheek,
Mike

"It just ain't fair! How come the good guys always win?" -Bad Jack Cutter
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: