Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 11:23:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: How much time do you spend living in your bus?
Bus? What bus? I don't have one! (okay, I do, but it feels like I don't because I don't ever live in it) - 14 (12.7%)
Vacations and small trips only - 62 (56.4%)
Half of the year - 15 (13.6%)
Most of the year - 3 (2.7%)
FULLTIMIN' IT, BABY! - 16 (14.5%)
Total Voters: 110

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: How much time do you spend living in your bus?  (Read 4659 times)
divinerightstrip

1990 Le Mirage XL

Ignore
« on: January 07, 2011, 01:23:01 PM »

Just because I am curious!
From a soon-to-be full-timer, I am very curious as to how often y'all actually dwell in your buses, and how many other fulltimers there are out there!

Please select your status, and then tell me what it's like!
Do you wish you spent more time in the bus?
Is bus life getting old?
What issues have you run into?
Things you love, things you hate. Please humor me!

Thanks!
-DRT Smiley

The Bus Girl
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:30:27 PM »

Our winter snow bird trip is the major time we spend in coach usually about 3 month then tractor shows and fall trip to Fla panhandle to eat fish. Our bus is a second home and you will never meet finer people than ones on the road.  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 01:39:29 PM »

My bus use typically involves 400 miles a day, so i guess i like to drive the bus more than live in it.  I never got the point of going "camping" and living 20 feet from some other random family who probably has noisy kids and a dog that pees on my front tires.  I am happiest bus-wise halfway through a 2000 mile trip, staying in a deserted truck stop, or parked at a race track and hanging out with my buddies.  The actual "living in the bus" part actually is a little cramped, I miss my regular TV shows (I happen to like Rachael Ray, so sue me!) and I can actually do with normal flush and walk away plumbing rather than dumping every 4 days...

But I do enjoy the bus!  It's kind of a lifestyle choice, there is a lot that goes into it, and the bus is a big part of the choices we make.  It's kind of an enabler, rather than the final point, if that makes sense.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
charlie

67-01,78-mci-8

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:42:18 PM »

leave around middle oct  return in april  have a concession that  we have
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 01:55:23 PM »

Charlie who are you kiddin? You haven't left Central Ill in 3 or more years! LOL

You have 3 buses and havent been to a rally yet other than in your car! I keep trying to get your butt back down here but noooo, you want to be hard headed!

How ya been?  Grin

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
moonrakerbus
First Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 02:22:36 PM »

We are FULL Timing It. Love it and have done it for almost 2 years now. We have met so many SUPER nice folks out on the road. We have a Campground Membership that makes it more affordable to camp. We are most always hooked up to power and in the parks we go into, they have a pool and many things to do in your spare time. Would I recommend it? YES Most definitely as if you don't like your neighbors, just unhook and move..NO MORE WEED EATERS, NO MORE LAWN MOWERS, NO MORE LITTLE HONDA CIVIC's BLASTING BY our front door rattling the windows from load music..In this Full time lifestyle, you can be flat broke and still enjoy what god gave us all.  Shocked

Nick & Tonyia
1968/67 Bus & Car Co. SE
Proto Type w/slide out
8v71
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 03:11:23 PM »

We lived in our Eagle for a little over a year 10 months in Phoenix and summer in wyoming and winter in Montana lol talk about having it backwards. Loved it however we were and still are working so we didn't get to travel much. Now we live in Montana in House and getting ready to move to texas and live in the Bus again New Job same company . Its great if you can move around lol good luck

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 04:10:21 PM »

Our two year full-timing anniversary is coming up in March! There are ups and downs no matter what you do. Lack of enough space is my wife's biggest wants!  Wink I'm very happy the way it is, it fits my lifestyle! No Yard to mow!  Roll Eyes

We also have learned to "Do the little dance"! When one of us are say working in the kitchen, the other makes sure there is enough room to pass by. Find our own nooks and crannies to put our possessions and don't infringe on the other. (Yeah right) Roll Eyes

I was sure glad we had a place to move into when I lost my job, having the bus saved our sanity for sure!

Go for it, you won't regret it!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
charlie

67-01,78-mci-8

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 04:14:37 PM »

ace,
Been  doing great....yes i still have three just in case one breaks down...lol
  been traveling alot  doing my  thing glad i goy now contained trailor it makes itso much better have to give me a call some time.
   charlie
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 04:31:19 PM »

You say you got a trailer? Are you doing Kettle Corn up there? Dont even think about bringing it down here! I got this area sewed up! Been thinking about having cowboy build me another cooker! Smiley

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
charlie

67-01,78-mci-8

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »

all self contained just pull up  takes about 10 min and i am poppin real nice unit.. send ya  pic but  my evo is being relaced the charging port  stopped workin
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 04:58:06 PM »

I didn't vote because I don't know what we are doing.....  Huh Huh

We lived in our MCI 2 years but are back in our house now while I try to sell the MCI & rebuild the Bluebird I bought.

I say "I" because my wife isn't real happy with the 'Bird yet. Her exact words were "You GOT to be KIDDING!"  Sad Sad
TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 04:58:47 PM »

I spent 34 nights in the bus on the road.  And about 15 more nights in the bus at home when working on it.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 07:39:23 PM »

On Jan. 29th we will finish our 7th year fulltiming and start our 8th. Smiley  I still work for a few months in the summer up north when there is work for me. Still have 5-7 years before i can fully retire. We have met lots of great people from all over the country in our travels and at rallies, and some have become very dear friends. We run into people in very unexpected places, as an example, on our trip south this summer/fall we came down the Oregon coast and ran into some folks that we had met several times before at the Bun'n USA rallies but had not seen for the last 2-3 years.  By the By, they have been fulltiming for 22 years. Grin  Just yesterday a bus pulled into the next door neighbors place and i told my wife i thought i had seen it before. Today i talked to the owner and it turned out i had. His name is John Dodge and it turns out that we both personally know several of the bus people on these boards.  If i still lived in a house none of this would have happened, and i know that in the future i will meet more of you folks somewhere down the road. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 07:44:26 PM »

Forgot to mention that during that 7 years we have spent about 3 weeks total out of the bus.  A couple of years ago we house sat for 2 weeks for some friends that went to a wedding on Maui. Also a couple of nites  this last Christmas  at a friends house in Phoenix and a nite or two here and there over the years at other places.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: