Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 27, 2014, 04:04:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Low clearance POI data  (Read 3566 times)
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 02:08:45 PM »

Sean, I thought the same thing, but this fellow has done this on several boards/groups.  
...  All five of his posts here have been about low clearance software. ...
I think the moderators did the correct thing, given information at hand.

Jim, I was not talking about the original post and link, but rather about the DIFFERENT link posted by Paladin, a long-time member here with nearly 600 posts (not 5).

Note the original link was for a commercial list being sold for a fee.  The link Paladin posted was for a free list posted on a user-supported BBS.  As I wrote in my comments.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 02:25:57 PM »

Sean, I skimmed the thread too quickly.  I thought the ******** were from the first post and that Paladin was posting it again. 

It is always hard to guess how to moderate these board (I am a moderator in the Eagles International Forum). 

Upon your clarification, I guess I would like to see the link that Paladin posted. 

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
í85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 07:33:02 PM »

I agree with Sean. Paladin's original posting should be restored, unless there are facts the rest of us don't have that would support the deletion.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 08:51:54 PM »

NO, I have nothing to do with that business nor would I stoop to trolling or spamming my own on here.

Happy? (yoga mode on though still steamed)

Why was the link deleted?

Advertising/Spamming the board.   It is believed that he is a part of that business.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:14:32 PM by Paladin » Logged

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 09:00:20 PM »

It is believed that I am part of that business?!?!?!

Dave, that quote was not referring to you but to the OP, who is, indeed, a professional spammer.  I believe Jack's removal of your link was an honest mistake on his part as I think he thought it was merely a reposting of the OP's link.

Several follow-on posts have clearly confused the two posts with one another but, again, I believe this is all honest confusion and not anyone believing that you are spamming the board.

I had an off-line conversation with the moderators earlier and I believe it is their intent to fix this; I am not sure why that has not happened yet but I know all of them have other duties and can not be on here full time.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 09:04:27 PM »

Sean is correct - my comment regarded the OP's post.  At the time that I posted that reply I hadn't even noticed that your link was also deleted.

jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 09:04:42 PM »

Paladin, I re-read the post and nothing was aimed at you.
From what I read the moderator thought that the link you made was the same as the original post.
As my friend 'Owlman' says to me when I get a little vocal...take a deep breath...think yogo...relax a bit! Grin
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 07:49:09 AM »

Sorry folks!  A lot of this is probably my fault.  I had given this spammer a 2nd (3rd?) chance a while back in that instead of a permanent ban. My last action on this spammer was a 6 month ban.  There could have been even one before that.  More research by me would have shown that this spammer just repeats the same thing.  Well, he came back (again) w/ more of the same junk.  A permanent ban would have headed off all of these problems, accidental deletes, etc..  The permanent ban is now in place.

As Ann Landers used to say, Mea culpa.

Kind Regards to all,  Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
MikeH

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 08:50:05 AM »

I, for one, am happy to have seen this. By following Paladin's link (before it was deleted, and BTW, it has been restored as of this morning), I found a lot of cool stuff to download to my GPS unit. Didn't even know all this stuff was there. Thanks to Paladin for sharing the link. Apologies to my wife for taking almost all of my free time yesterday to hunt for relevant POI's and install them, resulting in me not getting much else done around the house!

Mike

"It just ain't fair! How come the good guys always win?" -Bad Jack Cutter
pd4501-771
Tom McNally

PD4501-771 "All 43 seats.....still a bus !"

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 10:09:01 AM »

This is what I still use. Published like 1954. I'll be ok right? right? I'm sure nothing has changed.

PD4501-771
PD4501-1001
PD4104-3462
PD3751-686

If you know of the whereabouts of a PD4501 Scenicruiser - I would like to add the serial number to my registry of surviving Scenics.  www.tomsgarageonline.com
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 12:52:13 PM »

Good one pd4501

I grin every time folks talk about bridge clearance.  Many years ago, my wife's uncle worked for a welding shop that made a ton of special tanks of

some sort.  The shop was in North Denver, and they transported them south on I-25.  Bear in mind this was at least 30 years ago. 

One day the normal truck got terrible stuck under a bridge that he had driven under many times.  It turns out that they had repaved the road and it was just enough to take the clearance out. 

Today, they generally grind under the bridges to keep the clearance the same when they repave.

Second story, when I was taking my CDL driving test, the fellow doing the testing asked me what the clearance of the upcoming bridge was.  It was very obvious that it had a ton of clearance, but I told him I did not know.  It turns out that they had a special clearance sign installed for the bridge (at least 16 feet) just for the driving test.  Lost point on that one.  However, it really reinforced observing the clearance signs.  I now religiously look for them when I see a bridge ahead.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
í85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 05:03:45 PM »

In some states they label the clearance on every bridge.  I chuckle when I see bridges marked with 18 to 20 foot clearances.  If you need that much clearance for a tall load you better have carefully preplanned your route and hopefully have predriven the entire route to verify all clearances.

There is a bridge locally marked at 13'2" that I slow to a crawl for when I go under.  I am only 12'9", but I worry when I only have 5" clearance on an old road.  Who knows if the signs are really right?

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
jbnewman

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 05:15:32 PM »

Second story, when I was taking my CDL driving test, the fellow doing the testing asked me what the clearance of the upcoming bridge was.  It was very obvious that it had a ton of clearance, but I told him I did not know.  It turns out that they had a special clearance sign installed for the bridge (at least 16 feet) just for the driving test.  Lost point on that one. 

When I took mine, the question was asked about an unlabeled bridge. The correct answer was that it was unmarked. Folks who made something up were the ones who lost the point. Smiley

-jbn

-jbn
Justin
Chicago, Illinois

No bus.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: