Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 16, 2017, 08:31:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air fillter  (Read 3664 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 06:05:15 PM »

K&N is a terrible filter in my experience.  Soooo bad!  Did I mention that?

Regardless of what you install or keep I would urge you to install a "Filter Minder".  That device causes you to replace your filter element "only" when it becomes restrictive and not before.  That ability should get you your money back with one avoided filter change or one early one.  Win Win situation.  Cheap on Ebay.  There is even a model that tells you when the crank case filter is plugged.  The info it provides is color coded and you don't even have to be literate...no electrical hook up and no math.  Even I understood it....red stripe means go get a new filter.  Yellow means get ready to do so but that adds complexity....for me.

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 06:21:25 PM »

Steve, install a ECO system 1400 cfm ( a little overkill) 7 in H2O and the 8v92 can breathe , the Eco system is a DD 2 strokes best friend or any other diesel engine IMO   

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
5B Steve

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 08:13:08 PM »

Luvrbus,

I just sent you a PM.

Steve 5B...
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 09:00:13 PM »

Walker AIRSEPS are made for marine and generator use only.  Use a heavy duty paper element air filter and do not blow out the air filter to clean it-as that will make micro holes in the filter that will allow dirt in.  K&N stopped making industrial filters because of the lack of good filtering.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 09:48:52 PM »

http://www.walkerairsep.com/product_list.asp

There is one for dd engines.
I just don't have a clue about them

Lonnie

1976 4905
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 05:05:46 AM »

A very unfortunate problem when a business gets a bad reputation.

Walker Engineering, or Walker Airsep is a highly regarded company and no connection to Sam Walker.  Please do not get them confused.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
gmbusguy1

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »

I think we are confused about the Airsep being a Filter. It is Not

The following is from the Walker Engineering site.

Trucks/Commercial Vehicles
Trucks and buses have long been often overlooked when it comes down to the handling of crankcase fumes. Many vehicles use a “dump tube” which vents the oily fumes all over your frame, engine components, and cab areas.

Our over-the-road (OTR) AIRSEP® kits are designed to deal with these unpleasant fumes and help in lowering crankcase pressure for better engine performance.

Pick-up Trucks
Since 1999 our Dodge RAM AIRSEP® retrofit kits have found their way on to the some of the USA’s most serious Dodge Ram enthusiast’s truck. The easy to install kit replaces the plastic “aspirin” catch bottle shipped with your truck. Performance, styling, and elimination of oil mess on your steering box make this kit a “must have” if you own a Dodge RAM.

RVs and Motor Coaches
Today's modern luxury coaches include impressive diesel power packages. However, most engines do not include a closed crankcase system. The Walker AIRSEP® for RV applications address the problem of oil leaks and oil mess,not to mention fouled and dirty radiators. Be sure to read more about our innovative system in the "WHATS NEW" section, or select "RV" in the Model/HP field when searching for a system for your coach.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: