Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 24, 2014, 04:37:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battery question  (Read 2509 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 12:54:23 PM »

Ace doesn't have a non-start issue...he disconnected the 12V taps and then the bus wouldn't start..probably disconnected the DDEC power leads? Hooked the wires back up and it fired right up.
As has been stated, his coach isn't an MUI per the year model.
His primary complaint is battery discharge over a period of less than a week.
JR

JR That's exactly my point! Those DDEC fuel injection wires ARE NOT CAUSING THE DRAIN! Also just trying to let ACE (and others know what those wires are for future reference if needed!) BK  Grin

Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Have a GREAT DAY!  Wink Cheesy Smiley Cool [/size] [/color]

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ace

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 01:36:47 PM »

Hello all and thanks for all this info. Yes my coach is DDEC equipped. The wires with the fuses are not the problem. I was merely trying to see if they were, since they arc ever so slightly when attaching them to the positive post of one of the old batteries.

Here is a picture of the Vanner Monitor that is in the coach on the opposite side of the batteries in the electrical bay, the one with all the relays and breakers for the coach, not the house!

Ace
Ace

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 08:02:37 PM »

Ok I've been studying the vanner monitor that is inmy coach from the vanner web site and I think that this item is nothing more than a means for the faults such as low voltage, high voltage and battery balance to be displayed, I guess some where up on the dash via idiott lights, only after the ignition switched is on. Now there could be some light bulbs in the dash missing and with that, it wouldn't tell me anything OR it also says there could be a equallizer. Does anyone know where I might find this item in the coach and what does it look like! It says in the Vanner manual that I downloaded, that it may be a loose or corroded connection on the equallizer or maybe even a BAD equallizer.

ANY suggestions? Smiley

Ace
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 08:17:06 PM »

Looks just like what you have pictured, but only 3 terminals (studs out of the box).   It'll have the specs on the label. They are generally near the battery...on MCIs...I have no idea where to look on an H-3. If it's in there, bet we can find it at Timmonsville. You may not have an equalizer. Quite a few coaches don't have them.
Probably find your load too if you resolve it before Timmonsville.
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 07:06:13 AM »

Ace, pull open the compartment door that has your battery disconnect switches mounted on it - curbside rear, above tag axle.
The release lever for this compt is inside the curbside rear engine compt access door - on the forward side wall. We call it a lavatory compt door. Vanner is mounted underneath the slide tray assy.
Hope this helps. Cool
Ace

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 07:54:45 AM »

Sammy I have an H3. The battery disconnect switches are in their OWN little door that looks like a fuel door on your passenger car!

Ace
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2006, 08:30:53 AM »

Ace, I know you have an H3-40.
The little door and the entire panel it's mounted in will slide out , just like your battery tray.
Try to picture a linkage to unlock this door at the top left of the panel.
Now open the large curbside compt door to your left, look on forward bulkhead wall, pull black knob to unlock it.
Sammy  Cool
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: