Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 09:02:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a thought!  (Read 2515 times)
Ace

« on: September 07, 2006, 07:39:05 PM »

With the recent addition of the growing "Help assist" list that Dave graciously put together, I was wondering if any other busnuts across the nation used Nextel? If so would it be of any help to have us share our two way direct connect numbers for quick replies IF we ever needed questions answered or help on the road!

I'll start with mine!

158*30*7250

anytime days or evenings up to about 11 pm est

Anyone else care to share?

Ace
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 08:25:50 PM »

Great idea Ace, however I use Verizon....
4104bigred

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 05:21:21 AM »

here is mine and feel free to use it anytime

130*35*18844

chris

cadillac michigan
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:29:52 AM »

Great idea ACE, but there are those of us who either still live in the "boonies" and can't get Nextel coverage (no signal) or what about if you are out in the boonies (20 miles from an Interstate Hwy as far as Nextel goes!) That's why I've listed my cell # and also if no one is inthe shop or office we have our calls forwarded (business issue!), but hey don't get me wrong I love the idea and it could at times be beneficial! Just remember there are downsides to all good ideas!  BK  Grin

By the way hows that pup? We have a new one here on the property too! The guy who rents the trailer here on the property went fishing the other night and had a German ( atleast mostly from appearance) Shepard pup come up and adopt him (someone had abandoned it at the lake) and Donnie said since I found him at Garret Lake we'll call him Garret! So anyone coming to the "TN FALL BUS BASH" can rest assured we now have a genuine "Guard Dog" on the premises to watch over the coaches & beg for treats and hand outs (he came with that trait! LOL!) BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ace

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

BK I understand what you mean about Nextel not always being the connection it SHOULD be when you NEED it. Lord knows I have cussed it many times here locally and I can only imagine what it's like out in the boonies! Smiley

As for the Pup we call Bud-Ro?

He's the greatest thing that ever could have found me since Pepper left.

Here's a pic of him! I hope nobody complains like last time!

Ace
Ace

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 02:00:10 PM »

Here's another...

NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 02:41:44 PM »

Great Pic's Ace...now of you can only teach him to open the cooler and fetch you a Cronie!!!!! Grin

Best of luck,

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 02:47:59 PM »

Ace,this is a bus site to talk about buses or related topics I guess,in my opinion Bud-ro is now a part of your bussin family and will be traveling on the bus with you so that makes it all related,if some one wants to complain let them,who cares,I think for the most part most people on this board are freindly and want to share in with others happiness or offer support to those who are having a little trouble so in my opinion be proud and show your pics and I for one will share in it with you.As much as I enjoy our bus and working on it I do not think the world began or will end with buses and I enjoy reading when someone has something go good for them even if it is not about their bus............This is only my opinion and we all know what that is worth,ok I will get off my soapbox now Mike
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 11:52:38 AM »

Ace I agree with Bob & Mike! Also it looks like in that one pic "Bud-Ro" is saying hey let's not forget to pack my dish, cause it's gonna be a long month & a half of fun! LOL!
Opps! Let's modify this an start at the Deleware Rally! LOL!

Bruce & Nicks Gig Deleware Sept 22nd-24th
Eagles Bash Branson, MO Oct 2nd-5th
Dallas & Cats Shindig Timmonsville, SC Oct 5th-8th
Christy's Jersey Round Up Carthage, MO Oct 13th-15th
TN Fall Bus Bash @ Knuckle's Union City, TN Oct 26th-31st
PLEASE do not wait till the last minute to sign up or worse yet, just plan on dropping in.  All rallies take a lot of planning .  We must know how many folks are coming so we can plan the activities.  I am sure we plan for a few extra, but if we are overwhelmed with folks we did not plan for, that becomes unfair to everybody.  End of soap box!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get those registrations into Bruce/Nick, Byron, Dallas & Cat, Christy, & Me and look at all the fun you'll have going to Deleware to Branson, MO to Timmonsville, SC, to Carthage MO, and then here to Union City, TN for an excellent extended month long adventure of camping and commodere! BK!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 01:38:16 PM »

Ace:

Bud-Ro looks a lot like Mad Max's dog. Bud's fur is a different colour, but the body size and shape looks very similar:

Now you need a 1974 Aussie Ford Falcon XB Coupe to complete the ensemble. Wouldn't that make a cool toad?:

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 01:39:41 PM »

Great idea Ace.

I will add a space to the sign-up sheet and new folks can fill in the blanks. Meanwhile, I will copy these numbers and put them in for these people.

If anyone has any other ideas about the "Help Assist List" let's post 'em and we'll talk about them. The list is for you, so your ideas count.

Dave Siegel

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
Ace

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 01:54:20 PM »

Dave it was just a thought since almost everyone has a cell phone and even though the service is not always as good as we would hope there are people that still use nextel! Smiley

As for Bud? WE just got home from the vet and his final shot and testing. Everything came back negative so were good to go. He DID gain 2 lbs since our last visit which wasn't that long ago.

Jeremy, that dog looks like a pit-bull and has a pretty mean look to him. Bud is calm as a cucumber and not mean at all unless I happen to torment him which is a lot lately! Smiley

Ace
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 02:46:49 PM »

Mad Max's dog was a registered Australlian Cattle Dog (blue heeler color pattern).  Bud-Ro will probably darken as he matures. That is typical of the Australian Cattle Dog breed.  Ace, glad to hear Bud-Ro is doing good and growing.  We are looking forward to seein' him again at Timmonsville.  Jack
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 02:49:18 PM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 04:03:34 PM »

Pit Bulls are ugly, nasty dogs. I've read that Australian Cattle Dogs are very docile and friendly, although I've never met one myself. My parents have a 'heeler' too (a Lancashire Heeler in their case), and I was amazed to hear a radio program about them sometime ago when it was described how drovers used to walk their cattle from Wales to London, with their heelers keeping the cattle moving by nipping their heels as necessary. The journey would take many days, and the drovers would stay overnight at various inns and public houses on the way. Once they arrived in London the drover would have to wait there whilst the cattle was sold - so he would send the dog back to Wales by itself! And on the way back the dog would stop at the same inns each night, and be given a meal which the drover had paid for in advance on the outward journey.

The idea that these dogs (which are exactly the same breed as we have today) could be trained (and trusted) to undertake these journeys really blew my mind, and really goes to prove that they are capable of being much more than just being the 'pets' we think them to be

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 04:11:09 PM »

Another cattle dog that has incredible abilities is the Florida cur.  I've never seen one, but I heard
about them from a guy who knew some cattle owners in Florida and he went into great detail about
how they are trained as pups by the previous generation of curs, not by the owners.  The owner
just takes the pups out with the adult dogs.  They think it's play, but eventually they "get it".
Some take longer (like kids, I suppose), but eventually *every one* catches on and becomes a
productive dog.

Too bad we can't do that with congress persons. :-)

But to solve that would take voters who "get it". :-)

Clarke "What part of 9/11 do you *not* understand?" Echols
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: