Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 11:00:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a thought!  (Read 2842 times)
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 04:34:18 PM »

Pit Bulls are ugly, nasty dogs.
Jeremy

I know everyone has their own perferences on dogs ...  but Pit Bulls are NOT mean or nasty dogs.  I have had two and they make great pets!  Just like most other pets how you raise them makes a big difference in their personality when they grow up.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 07:28:36 PM »

And on the way back the dog would stop at the same inns each night, and be given a meal which the drover had paid for in advance on the outward journey.
The idea that these dogs (which are exactly the same breed as we have today) could be trained (and trusted) to undertake these journeys really blew my mind, and really goes to prove that they are capable of being much more than just being the 'pets' we think them to be
Jeremy

Jeremy, I think you might have just made me realize why Applebee's had such a problem with "BO" (my ex-New Foundland Lab), coming over and beggin for "doggie bags' from customers & an order of "Baby Back Ribs" form the curb side waitresses!  LOL!  I was forgeting to stop by and pre-pay for them! LOL! 
Darn I wonder if Joey an Skyler (his little girl an BO's new bestest friend) will let me have him back? Naw I couldn't do that to Skyler, after all BO has scared the crap out of her & her mother by getting real snappy with her an chasing her in the house one day, and when Joey came home he found a Water Moccassin BO had killed in the flower garden next to the front door near where Skyler had been playing! They are lucky they helped me an BO out when the law laid down the line and said BO needed to find a "new home" or be chained up all the time (which I'll never do to any dog! Maybe an ex- GF or 2, but never a DOG! LOL!)  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ace

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 08:42:19 PM »

Jack it seems Bud is already turning darker with every passing day! We see more and more black coming thru. I mentioned this to the vet and the girls that work there today and she too said this is normal and she did go on to say that he would not be all black. Just a dark dirt white so to speak but what does she know? She doesn't know jack, er, I mean Bud!
At least now his legs are starting to blend in with the rest of his body where as before they looked like he just walked thru an oil field!
either way, I don't care. He is so good it wouldn't matter if he turned red, white, and blue, but then he might be mistaken for a politician! Heaven forbid! Smiley

Oh and a side note:
4 small ceiling panels to go and the ceiling will be completely done! Should be done Sunday since I have to pop corn Friday and Saturday!

Ace
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 04:22:30 AM »

Clark,
    We use both Heelers and Cracker Cur dogs.  the Heelers will chase a cow back into the herd when they try to break out and make a run for it.  The cracker curs are used to catch semi wild cattle. They will bite an ear, lip, or nose and bring the cow down so we can doctor, dehorn, vaccinate, brand, etc.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Ace

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 05:00:07 AM »

Dang it! Maybe I should have looked around a bit and found one like that so I could control Susan! Smiley

Ace
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: