Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 02:58:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How high are dinette tables typically?  (Read 869 times)
belfert

« on: September 08, 2006, 08:21:26 AM »

How high off the floor are tables typically for a dinette?  I hope my windows aren't too low as I reused the stock window opens that are pretty big.  I will be reusing bus seats if that matters.

Brian Elfert
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:32:08 AM »

Brian the best thing I can suggest is put the seats where ya want them and "build a temp table to what ever height makes it comfortable!" Then when ya get home use your "feelings" from using it and make adjustments for the permenant one! Just get out and enjoy that bus! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:00:09 AM »

Brian the best thing I can suggest is put the seats where ya want them and "build a temp table to what ever height makes it comfortable!" Then when ya get home use your "feelings" from using it and make adjustments for the permenant one! Just get out and enjoy that bus! BK  Grin

I already have a table top I bought for $10 from Winnebago Surplus that will be easy to install.  I just realized the table top has a leg so I can measure from there.

Brian Elfert
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:11:06 AM »

I also used 4 bus seats for my dinette, and i'm very happy with them.  My table is about 28 3/4" off the floor and is a comfortable height.  But you should just try different hieghts.

The standard dinette posts are available in different lengths, although I think they only go in 2" increments.  I used a 26" post.  I used an adjustable height home depot table for a year and a half until I got around to putting the permanent post in.  It was helpful to live with diffferent heights of table.

I used only one post, and there is a possibility that the table may move some when I do't want it to.  The posts are beveled, and so far that has not been an issue.  If it gets to be one, I plan on using velcro on the edge of the table that contacts the side of the bus. That should keep it steady, although it may make it difficult to take the table out.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 10:25:59 AM »

Speaking of heights; one innovation the wife and I decided to try when we remodeled a half bath recently was to install a base cabinet/vanity that was the height of the kitchen cabinets.  Easier on the back when washing hands, sharpening, I mean, brushing teeth, etc.  We found that we really liked it!
Dennis
Hi Yo Silver!

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: