Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 11:28:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam seller possibility  (Read 6642 times)
Ace

Ignore
« on: January 19, 2011, 05:37:48 AM »

Was looking at buying another H3 to convert but the pictures the guy sent me appear to be two different buses. One set is from 5-6 years shop when the bus was being converted with new slides and the other set of pics shows a similar bus with different slides. Been trying to iron this out but now the seller keeps coming up with excuses like the bus is 120 miles from where he is and after trying to make arrangements to view the bus in person, he said he will have to see what is good for him.
The strange thing is the bus is a 99 with only 8000 miles and never converted. The very wierd thing is the different pics that obviously show different work.
Time will tell!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
trucktramp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:55:11 AM »

It does smell like a scam to me.  They are everywhere too.  A friend of mine was looking for a small pull behind to replace her pop up and was checking Craigslist.  She found one that was just a couple years old and in mint condition.  The problem was that it was in a storage lot in Pennsylvania and the guy "worked off shore in the Gulf."  After a little looking, she found the same trailer for sale in Fl, Ca, and Az.  The seller wanted payment through paypal.  Needless to say, when she started questioning the seller further, the deal went sour.  I guess we all have to remember Buyer beware.

Dennis Watson
KB8KNP
Scotts, Michigan
1966 MCI MC5A
8V71
Spicer 4 Speed Manual
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 07:53:34 AM »

Ace that sounds like the h-3 40 I told you about and Believe you inquired on in Braidenton some time back.

It is for real it is a shell..........still and it only has 8000 miles in fact it has never been titled so once someone converts it it can be titled the current model year. Imagine that a 99/11 conversion LOL.

Last I remember we left it was we all agreed it was way too much doe.

As for the slides & the photos cant help you out there accept that there are HWH slides in the one 'I'm talking about.

Who did you speak to someone named Bob or Jeff or was it a Young lady?

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 10:32:02 AM »

Jeff Bayley has had a H-45 with slides for sale a long time started out wanting 200,000 for it I haven't talked to him in a while but his was located was in Saratoga FL I believe maybe the same bus mileage and year model sound the same,if so check the slides close they had a problem I know Prevost got real upset about the deal they did authorize the slides so I was told by Prevost,and HWH stop selling to public after that 

good luck
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:46:36 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 10:56:15 AM »

Yes this is that bus it is all the same vehicle we are talking about. Agreed the old asking price was way out of line.

I was told 135 is what they are asking now. It has been moved and I confirmed that the photos Bob sent Ace were years apart but this is a legitimate sale here. Bob is registered with the state of Fla and I know him and trust and respect him too. He is not the owner just selling it for Jeff.

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 11:00:56 AM »

Ace,
     If the seller (not the owner) is Bob Petty, he was at our rally. He had the Prevost with the matching open car hauler on the left side of the main drive (close to Sean) as you were coming in.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 11:47:25 AM »

Joe, I heard it was under a 100,000 now still about 2 times what I would pay for that one

good luck

Ace

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 12:35:48 PM »

Jack, not Bob petty. I know him like I know John. The guy selling t. the bus in question might be legit but it sounds like too many people have their hands in it.
He was asking 125k but says it needed tires a year and a half ago when we looked into it. He also said it was delaminating on the sides. From the pictures, it is definitely two different busses. One the work looks very professional, the other looks like I did it. Very bad job!
IMHO he, they or whoever wil never get 125k in the condition it is being shown. He tells me it has been sitting since he brought it to Florida with an occasional start. He'd be lucky to get 75k for regardless of the milage. Its still a 99 model.
Besides if he isn't wanting to send recent pics or meet me to show it, then it will just keep going down in value.

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 12:43:23 PM »

(snip)  Besides if he isn't wanting to send recent pics or meet me to show it, then it will just keep going down in value. 

As the price of diesel keeps going up (i.e. don't expect bus ownership to get cheaper in the future and don't expect a flood of newbies into the hobby to raise bus prices).

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »

You be the judge...

Picture 1,3, and 4 are from the factory

Picture 2 is after it sits in Florida

If you notice, the drivers side with the slides is completely different. The LR slide is deeper in the bays on picture 2 and there are NO bay handles. How does it get professionally done then travel to Florida and just set and change configuration?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:57:24 PM by Ace » Logged

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
KozyCade

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 04:00:25 PM »

Quick- Call 911 Some one stole the luggage bay doors from the second picture.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 04:37:11 PM »

Those are not the same bus.

Who knows if it's a scam. Sounds fishy. If there's not a physical bus to see, touch and drive, I would suggest you not waste a lot of time on it.

I've run into this scam multiple times on Craigslist and ebay. Typically done from overseas. Usually they post the same thing on multiple locations throughout craigslist, offering some
ridiculously new vehicle/tractor/boat, etc, with photos they've stolen from other ads, and a ridiculously low price which they want you to pay via paypal or wire transfer. I've seen them
use the claim that it's on a dock in some city ready to be shipped at their expense, etc.

Must work. They keep doing it.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 04:54:42 PM »

I walked thru that bus this spring when it was in Braidenton.

Do you think the slides are homemade? I know it has HWH slides. I know that every time I think about it makes me  feel sad it is a shame what has happend or not happened to it.

The bus is in Fla. it is not hiding and I'm sure anyone seriously interested in it will be happily led to it.

Good eyes Ace on the bay latches I would call bob back and ask him to explain that I cant.

Ace back in 08 when we did not think we would be able to keep our camper I had Bob come and get it and he took it back to Fla with him to give us a better chance at selling it. Marty Ryne the bus man knows and does business with him, Rod Daniels does too and probably many other mutual acquaintances we would all agree are all fair businessmen.

Hasn't the asking price come down about 100000 that's progress.

I wouln't be worried about Mr. Dingle.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 05:15:52 PM »

That bus does not have Prevost factory slides Prevost never had slides till after 2002 or later several converters wound up in law suits for installing slides on the Prevost without Prevost approval and fwiw the slides Prevost installed at the factory cost them a bunch of cash because of problems but they worked the kinks out over the next few years.
I was told those slides were installed by a former HWH dealer in Washington State I'll check for his name,I can assure Prevost or HWH did not install those slides in a 1999 model Prevost maybe SAM did it lol

good luck

Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 05:26:06 PM »

O/K here is all the pics I took in May 2010

http://prevostmotorhomes.ning.com/forum/topics/h3-shell-for-sale

It ain't the best photos but it is a good representation of its current condition.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: