Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 07:15:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam seller possibility  (Read 6714 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 05:45:30 PM »

Has to be more to this whole story than what is on surface. Even with just 8,000 miles on it there is a good chance the tires are aged out and by the time you spend the conversion $ on it in today's market would it bring 125 to 150. if it were done 1st class. ?what toll has sitting out in brutal Florida summer sun done to it.? Looks good with slides could make a show piece. Looks to me to deal have money in one hand and seller clear title in other at same time. In Indiana we could check for leans or Levey's Thru DMV.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 05:49:34 PM »

Ok you took pics in may 2010  which is all good but that still doesn't explain the pictures that were sent to me obviously being represented by a bus that appears to have been done professionally in a factory someplace.
The more pics I see of this coach, the less I want to offer. I can only imagine the REAL condition of it especially after sitting for so long and not being driven. Right now, every day, every month that passes by and nothing being done to it, just takes away from what little value it has.
That's a real shame too that someone really thinks they can get top dollar for a bus that has literally been abused from sitting rather than driven and to think that they feel they really have something worth something!
This is one of those buses you will see with weeds and grass growing up to the windows and rotting to the ground all because someone had a dream that fell thru and their ego cost them even more.
Oh well...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:10:38 PM by Ace » Logged

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 02:06:53 AM »

a bus that appears to have been done professionally in a factory someplace

This is exactly what this bus is these slides weren't installed in someones driveway. Someone asking way more for somethings worth is not a shame it is stupid.

Here are some facts about this bus.

Prevo sent that bus to HWH for slides and it went back to the factory in Canada afterwards. The thing was originally ordered by a leasing co but before delivery the 2 partners had troubles and it ended up in court and on or before 2004 1 of those 2 fellows got it. That is who Jeff actually bought it from. It was still untitled and still is.Bob said it had a transport paper that is how he crossed the boarder. It was 2004 and at the time an empty shell w/o slides was like 390 and he bought it for 235 again in 2004

As for the bay door latches. The bus was sent from HWH with bay doors that still opened UP someone at Prevo made an executive decision to change those to swing out doors like you normally see on slide out coaches and they changed them there before Jeff got it. Bob went and picked it up in Canada in 2004.

These slides in this coach were installed at HWH with Prevos knowledge.

The winner of this item will get new tires and other than that it is buyer beware

IMO it is a great platform it is on a chassis that is way less complicated

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:13:38 AM by Joe Camper » Logged

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 05:08:44 AM »

I'm not saying the slides were put in someone's driveway! What I AM saying is the pictures that were sent to me of the bus with the slides that sits in a warehouse or factory is done very very and looks very good. The pictures the seller, whoever it is, sent me sitting in a yard and in a driveway are different slides all together. HOW or WHY if this is the SAME bus be? Was the bus wrecked in that area and repaired, which the seller has not mentioned? Is this a case of two different buses? Could the pictures of the bus in the warehouse be a sample picture that was sent to the owner to show what THAT company could actually do for him and he somehow had it done someplace else?
If you look at the site that Joe Camper posted and BLOW the ones up, you can plainly see the very bad shape this bus is actually in. There are pieces missing and rust. That tells me that it has NOT been driven to keep things working well as it was told to me. The grass has grown up pretty high and items have been stored IN and around it so it doesn't appear to have been moved if any at all!

Last May or whenever it was that we contacted the owner, we offered him 80K sight unseen. I'm glad now that he refused the offer. If I were to offer anything to him now, it would probably be in the 20-30K range sight unseen and then that is questionable! I know he won't take that offer but if you look closely, 20-30k is a LOT more than what he has sitting in his yard! Some people are just not too smart!

Also I went to the HWH site and it appears that one or more of the pictures the guy sent me that I didn't post here were pictures taken directly off their site. Those were pictures of the slides on the INSIDE of "A" bus not necessarily THIS bus!

Like someone else said, there's more, a LOT more, to this story than we are being told regardless of who knows who and what he has done to help!

Facts are facts and if I was selling something, anything, I think I would portray it a little better than what is being done here with true facts and honesty.

I would first like to know who actually owns the bus, who they bought it from, when, and why was it never converted? The TRUE story, not a sales tactic!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 05:20:33 AM »

Ace I modified my previous post I added to it.

I bet a few calls to the correct people could either verify or dispute what I am learning about it.

You don't want to meet the current owner, believe me.

Ace

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 05:42:07 AM »

New tires? From the looks of it and where its parked, it needs more than just tires. They might figure new air bags, lights, body pieces, windows, and who knows what thend varmints have chewed up. And just look at the rust.
And if I'm paying good hard earned money for something you better damn well believe I'm going to meet the owner. He ain't god!
And with that said, my thought of 20k is not far off!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 05:51:17 AM »

Ace I'm not arguing price or value or anything like that.

You defined a friend of mine as a potential scam and I am fairly confident that not to be true.

I am going to try to convince as many folks as I can who are reading this that although I believe this sale is unique, weird, outrageous, sad, stupid, odd it is not a scam.

I hope we are agreeing to disagree here and you are not angry with all this.

Ya know he is getting a lot of exposure from it all LOL (just kidding)

Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 07:41:17 AM »

I believe this sale is unique, weird, outrageous, sad, stupid, odd it is not a scam.

That's my definition of a great purchase! Something which is honest but has a chequered past is exactly the kind of thing I look for, because it usually means it will sell for far below it's normal value. Seems to me that this Prevost is a superb base for a very desirable, high-dollar motorhome. So it might need new tyres and some other bits - who cares? If it was complete and had a fully-documented history then it would be just-another bus sitting on a dealer's lot advertised at full-book price.

Case in point - my current car is a 7-series Beemer. Gold-plated history (personal car of BMW dealership boss) until six months before I bought it, when a fault developed in the entertainment unit (big box in middle of dashboard - stereo, TV, Sat Nav etc). Owner's son tried to repair it, failed, and also managed to blow the steering wheel airbag (connected the wrong wires together). Result - advertised for sale on Ebay with a big hole in the dashboard, and lots of loose electronic bits in the trunk (and to make matters worse was located in a small village in Northern Scotland). I was the only bidder, and paid less than half the market price by some margin. Took the assorted bits and pieces from the trunk and Ebay'd them, then spent that money on a new touch screen which was far bigger than the original BMW one. Then spent a bit more money on a cheap CarPC, a GPS unit, rear-view camera, power supply and various cables. Downloaded a free copy of RideRunner, and fiddled everything together using all the original bits of dashboard trim.

Now it does everything it originally did, and more. The dashboard looks completely stock apart from the bigger screen, and having now owned the car for two-and-a-half years it's still worth at least 1k more than I paid for it.

I was told once that in Chinese (or some other far-eastern language), that 'problem' and 'opportunity' were actually both the same word. That's probably not true, but it's a good philosophy anyway

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 07:50:36 AM »

You know there is a old saying if you need credit at a grocery store you ask the owner not the clerk if you have the serial number from the slides and the bus Paul Hanser at HWH can give you the answers and the correct answers no BS

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 08:04:29 AM »

Something still sounds fishy to me if everyone BUT the owner is trying to sell it. Why doesn't he come out and just give the background information?

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 08:20:13 AM »

I don't see the fact that they are factory slides or not has anything to do with the condition of the coach. I saw water stains on floor in pictures in several places. Lots of different stories here. The guy should have taken 80 grand unless he couldn't:possible reasons owes more than that on it or liens/levy on it. one of the situations that is sad and being magnified buy suspicious actions. Basically your buying a 99 bus that's worth the price of a 99 less obvious deductions. Tires and probably air bags(anything that will deteriorate because of age and extreme hot weather exposure. Including slide seals and Glass windows. Would like to have one in good condition with complete conversion for 80 grand but would have to be perfect for any more than that. By the way my shade tree slides do not leak air at 80mph or water.   Guess I'm just cheap! Also if the guy has been offended by what has been said here maybe there is a reason-truth is the best cure for their problem.   I'll be quiet now.     . Prevost to me is a good bus not a social class.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 08:59:23 AM »

I couldn't agree more! All I was looking to do was move up in size and do another vonversion before I was too old to do it and Susan was intrigued with the idea too IF the price was right and this was until the story went south and then seeing the condition of the bus as it sits really turned her off.
I too like the Prevost for the quality, not the status as you all well know!
I truly wish this guy luck on selling it butt my offer stands at 20k as it sits!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 02:17:04 PM »

Yep, very fishy.

The two buses in the photos Ace posted are definitely two different buses. All you have to do is look at the location of the cut in the body to confirm. It's lower in the yellow one than
it is on the white one.

I agree with the assessment of the other photos. That bus has been abused, and is worth maybe $20 - $30 as it sits, but I would never purchase it sight unseen and without
finding out more about the "papers" on it.  You may find it was not imported legally and cannot be titled in USA.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 04:14:18 PM »

Gumpy and others, to get a REAL feel for the condition of this bus in it's current condition or at least during last May please click on this site

http://prevostmotorhomes.ning.com/forum/topics/h3-shell-for-sale

posted by Joe and once there, some of the pics can be clicked on to enlarge. Once you enlarge them, judge for yourself! This bus is junk and definitely not the one that was portrayed to me for a possible purchase. I mean look at where and how it is stored. That in itself should paint a picture! To me, using other bus pictures off of web sites or fake pictures to lure a potential buyer in is a scam, like it or not! 
I never thought about the fact that it may have been brought into the states illegally but that could be a possibility and a good reason why it was never titled! Another reason why it will never sell and just be someone's yard knome such as it always has.

It's just a crying shame that someone would take this bus in a like new condition and just let it rot away because that is exactly what he is doing! Where has the common sense of people gone?

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 07:39:22 PM »

Gumpy and others, to get a REAL feel for the condition of this bus in it's current condition or at least during last May please click on this site

http://prevostmotorhomes.ning.com/forum/topics/h3-shell-for-sale

I must admit that I'm really struggling to see much wrong in those photos. What am I missing?

I've no idea what the market value is, and can't comment on any likely paperwork problems. But to state "This bus is junk" seems....weird

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: