Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 02:34:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam seller possibility  (Read 6847 times)
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 11:20:31 PM »

Offering a possible explanation of the obvious modification (missing) of the bay door handles - If you look at Prevost bays post-slides, the bay doors are canted so as not to hit the slide when extended - if others are correct and this is pre factory slides they may have been modified to cant away from the non-factory slides - FWIW

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 03:52:07 AM »

Jeremy, did you click on joes link? Did you blow the pictures up to get a good clear view? If I'm the only one seeing the difference than something is wrong with my eyes and knowledge of these model buses.

Niles, agreed your reasoning on the bay doors but the pictures sent to me are pictures of a bus already done in a factory of sorts mixed with pictures of a bus sitting in a yard full of crap. You can't tell me they are the same bus with the same slides unless they were changed for whatever reason or the bus was wrecked and then repaired by an unauthorized person or shop.

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 07:17:33 AM »

For a bus with 8,000 miles there is a lot of water marks and wear on this bus, sitting in Florida isn't helping.....with the prices on really good buses dropping like a rock...........i don't see this as a good or great buy at 100k...........its over priced if you figure in what it takes to finish it!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 12:13:03 PM »

Ace, sorry I forgot to say it - your right it doesn't look like the same bus - I was just making a comment on why the bays had no handles - HTH

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 07:58:34 PM »

I know Niles NP but today I found out that the plot thickens on this bus and the owner/s.

I was informed today by a close source that the portrayed owner is an obnoxious drunk that has/had a south American girlfriend which are now separated from each other and she might even be the REAL owner since her name might be on the title! Wonder where she is and why isn't she selling the bus?

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 10:07:15 PM »

"I was informed today by a close source that the portrayed owner is an obnoxious drunk"

No Ace, I don't own this bus  Grin

I thought this thing had an MSO - therefore no "title"

Get the VIN # and run it through Tallahassee

then you'll get the true story

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 10:26:53 PM »

Niles, nobody is coming forward with the vin number so that may be hard to do.

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2011, 07:14:06 AM »

If y'all know where this bus is sittin', can't ya go there and inspect it and get the VIN?  Wouldn't that solve all the guessin"?

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2011, 07:34:21 AM »

Yea that would do it but just like the Vin number and the REAL owner, that information isn't surfacing! I asked the guy I spoke with to arrange for me to come and inspect it and he had excuses as the bus was 120 miles from him and he would have to find the time. If I had a potential buyer, I think I would find the time but I'm sure by now that he has had correspondence and has figured out that someone is on to him and his bus and that's why he hasn't gotten back to me with ANY information or recent pics! The information he DID give was OLD and just enough to dangle the carrot so to speak!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2011, 10:31:43 AM »

People sell things thru intermediaries all the time for a host of reasons that does not constitute a scam.

I got the VIN with 1 phone call.

Maybe I will call HWH monday to see if someone there could verify the rest of what I was told to be true.

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2011, 05:27:23 AM »

I have no knowledge or interest in this deal, only want to say that I would not be concerned about a couple of mis-matched photos. I have thousands of pictures on my computer and it is not inconceivable that I might click on the wrong one.  I would not be questioning a seller's integrity without first hand knowledge that something is wrong.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2011, 09:44:02 AM »

These pics are far from what I call mis matched. They are pics of two different buses or taken at two didn't stages of ownership and god only knows what happened to it since the pics you see were taken.

B they way, the seller, not the owner has yet to come forward with further info on being able to inspect this bus. I guess you can say this is his/their loss.

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2011, 11:26:52 AM »

Not a hard to tell if HWH installed the slides it will have tags with the work order on stamped on the frame also

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 04:45:04 AM »

Got a phone call yesterday from a guy who calls himself the REAL owner. He was very short and to the point about his bus. Said if I didn't like it, don't buy it! I said whoa fella, I just want the facts and history a there are a lot of rumors floating around. He had me explain whar has transpired. He even had me send him the pictures I was trying to describe because he had no clue what I was describing as in the differences in the pictures. After doing so, he wrote me to say he has never seen the pics that I sent him and for me to send him the original email where I hour them. I did and after that he said he said he questioned his friend Bob who I think is on this board about the pics and even after Bobs reply to him about being before and after slide pics, i'm still confused and feel very strongly that those are two different buses.
The real problem I think this guy has and probably why it hasn't or might not ever sell is that it still has an open canadian title. Talking to dealers here about that, they too agree that it might be a big hassle trying to get a U.S.title.
I think short of taking a huge huge loss or donating it to a cause, this guy might have himself a yard knome.
Is like to have it to convert but I have recently seen already converted buses that were professionally done for less than what he is asking. Thats what makes this story a crying shame!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2011, 06:27:20 AM »

Ace was he willing to give you the location of the bus, or VIN?
Just curious.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: