Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 10:59:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Im back, well kinda sorta of  (Read 1238 times)
Wax-um

1982 MCI Conversion project

Ignore
« on: January 21, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »

Wow, Its been along time since Ive posted. Life hasnt been so good. Last time I posted My engine blew up. The verdict was two cracked cylinder heads and a ton of blow by. 10 thousands dollar latter I have a inframe rebuild 6v. FYI anyone that doesnt think a good 6v runs good havent driven a good one. Although I havent been in any moutains larger than Branson Mo. I havent found a hill I cant hold 70 mph.
 Anyways its been a rough few months. Thanks to a few friends the bus has been coming along well. I would say its 80% completed. Thank god it was done enough to full time in. I had my third back surgory last week and have had no income for several months now. I almost think the bus saved my life. Seriously. or at least kept me from living under a bridge, lol.
Sorry I havent posted in awhile, I didnt have internet while I was full timing. Although my friends were a great help they are all very busy and pretty much only donated time to get it to a bare mininum livable bus. Dont get me wrong Im so appreciative and whats done is very very nice. Most of the money is spent to complete it but Im not sure how Ill ever complete it on my own without damaging my back and have to return to the surgery table. My doctor is telling me I have a 50/50 chance that I will need another back surgory. "fusion" I dont know much about a back fusion but I understand it can be up to a one year recovery process.
I did finally come up with enough cash to rent a small duplex. Although I love the bus let me tell you full timing isnt easy, especially when its not done. I literally went a for a month before I had indoor plumbing. Thank god for the 7/11 down the street.
Im sureIi still have rough times ahead, I have been thinking about selling it but Ill tell you I have become very attached to the old turd. As I said before without it I could have possibly been living under a bridge. I never dreamed even one momoent that life could be so rough but trust me bus owners dont ever be without a bus. No matter what happens and how bad times can get you will always have a roof over your head.
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »

Glad to see you back on the board. I was wondering how you had made out with the surgery.

Sorry to hear about the engine, but hopefully you wont need any more done to it.
Ditto on keeping the bus. Everyone needs a roof over their head, and many have done it in something less than a bus.

See you in chat some night, now that you're back.

Mark

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 03:05:41 PM »

Hope you heal up well, soon, Wax.  Life has its ups and down and I sure hope that yours turns up soon.   Best wishes, and good luck,   BH

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »

welcome back Jim lots of lightweight things you can do on your coach. Use friends for heavy stuff.    Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »

full-timing isn't so tough in a finished bus, but partway done could be. Out of town in a more rural area is easy even with no indoor plumbing, unless you have a partner who's female and shy  Wink.

Glad you are mostly back on your feet and making headway again.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
libby

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 07:27:59 AM »

Cody had asked about you a while back, it's situations like yours and many others that he has been building the anti-KOA, a place where people can regroup, recover, rebuild or just rewhatever, we realize that it's in the armpit of the world half the year but the other half it's beautiful and when a person can find a spot that they can just pull in and not worry about if they can handle the cost and stay as long as they want, it serves a great purpose. But anyway, we're glad your ok and getting better.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 02:24:44 PM »

Libby...In a pinch, even an armpit can be a warm, fuzzy place...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
libby

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 07:46:14 AM »

I'm not sure if thats how I would discribe cody's armpit but I guess it's a matter of prespective, after reading what I wrote I didn't mean for it to come off sounding like a shelter home, what I meant was that cody isn't interested in setting up a campground but the anti-KOA is a good place to kick tires and relax and broil some mosquito's on a campfire while watching the stars and hearing the wolves howling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: