Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 03:27:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carolina No Foolin Around Rally  (Read 2713 times)
john9861

Ignore
« on: January 12, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »

Well Folks this year's Carolina rally will be held at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC. Dates for rally are Thurs Mar 31 thru Sun April 3rd. But don't let those dates stop you from booking ahead or behind the rally. We actually have 30 sites booked from Sun Mar 27 thru Sun April 3rd. And who can believe the rates at $25 a night. Yep, I said $25 a night at the premier camping facility in Myrtle Beach. (Plus 12% tax)

We learned from the Coolin it in Carolina rally last year at Santee State Park that Busnuts don't need a complex chain of events to follow. So this year we're dropping into Myrtle Beach where you can pretty much "wing it" on your own or as a group. There's just too much to do there to lock everyone down to specific events. That won't prevent us from pre-planning some outings though. I suppose the ladies will have a couple of shop till you drop outings going on & many of us might enjoy a dinner show or one of the many Seafood Buffet Establishments.
    Eric Brown has a house at Ocean Lakes & has graciously volunteered to host the group for Burgers & Dogs on Thursday evening around darkish.
   We are not limited to 30 sites but will have to book quickly as this place goes fast. This rally's reservation is being handled by Ocean Lakes. YAAA!!

All you do to register is call Ocean Lakes at one of the following:

Campsite Reservations: 1-877-510-1413 Rental Reservations: 1-800-845-2229 Main Office: 1-843-238-5636
Tell them you are calling to book one of the sites with "Eagles International" & they will take care of you. A 50 % deposit is needed at time of booking. All sites have full hookups including cable. If you have a golf cart & plan to use it you must have proof of insurance & have it inspected at Ocean Lakes before using it.

SO check out Ocean Lakes at the following link:

http://www.oceanlakes.com/Default.aspx

Just google Myrtle Beach for everything else.

And come hang out with some of your Eagle Buddies. Any other inquiries feel free to call John or Tara Mellis at 803-829-4242

This is not an Eagles only event. Everyone is invited!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:54:41 PM by john9861 » Logged

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 6V92TA Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »

Who all is planning on attending this Rally???

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:28:05 AM »

As of Sat 1-15 there were already 8 committed. I was asked about a "Rally Fee". There is not one. We will put some on get togethers & probably will have a tent or two coupled to an awning or two to gather in & make plans. All you need to worry about is getting here. The rest will fall in place.

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:34:16 AM »

Just a Reminder===   If you call in your reservation please let the folks at Ocean Lakes know that you are calling to reserve a site with the "Eagles International Rally". 

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »

Folks are regestering & I found out that Jeff Jefferson is coming & that means the coffee & doughnuts will be there too! If it's within reach you should consider joining us & having a good time. You just can't do Myrtle Beach for this price. Sorry I can't help you on the fuel cost. :shock:  Guys, while the girls are shopping we can visit Bass Pro Shops. That's definitely on my list. Nearly half of the sites are already taken so don't delay!

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »

Cannot believe you would do that to people you don't know by telling Jerry Jefferson is coming, that is ok Shirley keeps him on a short leash lol

have fun 

Life is short drink the good wine first
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 01:11:29 PM »

We weren't gonna let him in this time but he brought up the doughnut thing again... Wink

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 05:22:44 AM »

Getting closer folks. Call in those reservations. Don't want you to get left out. Anyone interested in joining me for a helicopter tour of the Beach? Wink Might be still a bit chilly for surfing so... & NO I'm not bungee jumping no matter what. Grin Thank ya anyway... Of course the heli ride will be before the all you can eat seafood buffet. Don't want to weigh the thing down anymore than we have to! Cheesy

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 06:45:58 AM »

For all those who have registered with Ocean Lakes for the rally:

Please contact me by email or phone so we can establish what site you're in, when you are arriving, & other related info. We need a head count for Thursday evening's meal as Eric is planning a Barbecue & wants to cook the proper amount.
      For the rest of you who are still considering remember there's no rally fee & you just can't do Myrtle Beach any cheaper...
   At this point the reservation numbers are good & it is going to be a great rally & fun too. I can be reached at:
803-829-4242
greatoutdoors@wildblue.net

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: