Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 09:47:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1952 GMC Bus  (Read 2373 times)
JerryH

« on: September 12, 2006, 03:17:10 PM »

Ok, this really sucks!!  I need to re-type everything I did because file was too large.  Hit back button provided and all was gone!  GGGrrrr.

Try again.

Ok, so a friend calls me and tells me about a guy he knows who owns this '52 GMC (I believe) TDH4509.  It's a really cool 35-footer in pretty good shape.  Has a modest, no utilities interior (nothing original in the way of seating).  The exterior would need to be taken to bare metal, some body work and then a nice coat of paint.  All the glass looks pretty good, engine appears to have been worked over (I am told runs great?).  I think this bus would be cool as a day coach with horseshoe seating in rear, restroom, kitchenette and additional seating.  A multiple family day coach/ transport unit.

The more I looked at it's classic body style, size, etc. ... the more I liked it.  It'd be fun to give it a nice paint job, chrome the front and back steel bumpers, put alum. rims on it and pimp it out on the inside.

What's your thought gang.  What's it worth -- knowing the interior is a GUT?

Thanks,
Jerry H.

MCI diehard, GMC wannabe (wife's gonna shoot me!)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 03:30:38 PM by JerryH » Logged
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 03:55:29 PM »

Jerry,
Look at this one I saw at Luke's.
I hope this guy dont mind me posting a picture.
This bus was flawless. Cool

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 04:18:29 PM »

JerryH,

I have had the same problem with files that are too large. I now type everything in Word and then copy/paste it to the BB. If I loose everything, all I do is just paste it again. It also makes it easy to spell check. I like the old classics myself. I would love to have a yard full of them.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 04:57:30 PM »

Jerry, the next time this happens try Ctrl- Z. It takes you back one keystroke. It has saved me a couple times when I hit enter too soon.
Richard

Ok, this really sucks!!† I need to re-type everything I did because file was too large.† Hit back button provided and all was gone!† GGGrrrr.
Try again.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 05:01:52 PM »

It'll be a great party bus so long as you are not in a hurry.  Believe the top speed maybe as much as 55mph, but I think closer to 50-I assume you have the 2 speed auto trans.  For cruising around town, be great-but then that's what a transit bus was made for!  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
JerryH

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 05:46:08 PM »

Ed:  Wow, that bus at Lukes looks great!!  Nice paint.
Tom:  Unsure about the gearing, I need to look into this.

Others:  Thanks for info on the board "how to".
Ok, need to convince Linda we "need" another bus!

Any ideas on what it's worth??

Thanks,
Jerry H.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 05:58:06 PM »

What's one more?

How many you up to now?  4?  5? 

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Dallas

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

I hate to mention it, but the picture of the blue and white bus is not the same bus as the yellow bus, unless they did a bunch of body modification and shortened it somewhat.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 08:01:34 PM »

yep completely differnt model

also missing the rear door
JerryH

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 07:04:19 AM »

The photo of the relic blue and white bus does appear to be a 40-footer.† The page in which I found it, described it as a 35-footer (if I am not mistaken).† I had included the link before, but it was deleted when I had the posting burp.† http://www.omot.org/roster/38.html

Anyway ... what I am really trying to gather is what the bus is worth.† Yes, I know some will say it's worth what you're willing to spend.But does anyone have a tangible figure they can put on this bus?

Oh and Craig ... nope, just have (2) buses.  Sold the 102C3 (...and yes, I regret that sale at times...) and this could make (3) again!

Thanks,
Jerry H.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 07:08:08 AM by JerryH » Logged
Dallas

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 07:11:27 AM »

Jerry,
I sold my 1948 TDH3610 that had a 6,000 miles on an out of frame major overhaul. It also had the Spicer Model 91 hydraulic transmission. (It is NOT an Automatic). and was pretty much gutted.
The tires were shot, and it needed batteries.

Selling price was $1200.
I could have gotten more, but the guy that was most interested was going to restore it and only had $1200.

So, there is a starting point for you to use.

IHTH

Dallas
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 07:19:17 AM »

Oh and Craig ... nope, just have (2) buses.† Sold the 102C3 (...and yes, I regret that sale at times...) and this could make (3) again!
Thanks,Jerry H.

Jerry you just answered yer earlier question!

Honey I miss that 3rd bus and look what we found to replace it with! LOL!  Grin

BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 09:34:32 AM »

Bought a fully seated TDM 4509 suburban for $1,500 several years ago. Bus was good and solid but needed paint. 
Your bus needs interior and paint.  I would start with and offer of$500 to $700 dpending on how good it runs.

Chatrles Seaton
JerryH

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 11:13:36 AM »

I was told the owner spent about $3k on an engine overall (6V-71).
He's obviously gonna try and recover that plus.

Jerry H.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 09:41:51 PM »

The longer it sit's while he tries, the more the bus depreciates! Until finally it's to a point he'll be lucky to find anyone to buy it! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: