Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 10:51:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MC5  (Read 12744 times)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2011, 05:58:51 AM »

I am all about offering low, but I do think you need to consider the value of the Isuzu generator and the overall excellent condition of the body.  That could be a good indicator of how it was treated overall.  Also there is the personal appeal this one seems to have to you.  Art, I have been watching, and you have been willing to dispassionately write off a lot of buses that seemed like good deals on the surface. 

$1,000 would be a slap in the face and he might not talk to you again.  It would just piss me off.  Buses are cheap right now, but there are still relatively few of that vintage that are truly straight and clean.  I do put some value on that where perhaps some people do not.  I say don't shoot yourself in the foot over a grand or two.  Compared to the entire project,that will be chump change.

Marc

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
blank

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2011, 10:46:02 AM »

I am all about offering low, but I do think you need to consider the value of the Isuzu generator and the overall excellent condition of the body.  That could be a good indicator of how it was treated overall.  Also there is the personal appeal this one seems to have to you.  Art, I have been watching, and you have been willing to dispassionately write off a lot of buses that seemed like good deals on the surface. 

$1,000 would be a slap in the face and he might not talk to you again.  It would just piss me off.  Buses are cheap right now, but there are still relatively few of that vintage that are truly straight and clean.  I do put some value on that where perhaps some people do not.  I say don't shoot yourself in the foot over a grand or two.  Compared to the entire project,that will be chump change.

Marc

If you ask 100 people the same question, youll likely get 100 different answers. If your only looking for someone to agree with you, and wait until someone does, and if you then use that answer to support your theory, then you probably didnt need to ask anyone in the first place, your just going to do what you want anyway.

Honestly, I do put value on that Generator....If the Gen is worth $3K, which I believe it is, then the Bus is only $1500. Like you say, not a big factor in the grander scheme of things. At least I didnt think so.

thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »

If you ask 100 people the same question, youll likely get 100 different answers. If your only looking for someone to agree with you, and wait until someone does, and if you then use that answer to support your theory, then you probably didnt need to ask anyone in the first place, your just going to do what you want anyway.

Honestly, I do put value on that Generator....If the Gen is worth $3K, which I believe it is, then the Bus is only $1500. Like you say, not a big factor in the grander scheme of things. At least I didnt think so.

One thing is for sure, it's your money, and you are the one who will be fixing/using it, none of us.  So ultimately it's all on you as far as the decision goes.  You posted looking for opinions, and you certainly have no shortage of them to consider if you want...  Or reject them all, that's your prerogative.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:18:04 PM by thejumpsuitman » Logged

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2011, 12:44:05 PM »

But I don't necessarily like the logic as of assessing the value of a bus by itemizing it's positive attributes... Unless you are buying it to part out.  If it had brand new tires, would that make it worth $3,000 more?  No.  That is the way a seller likes to think, not a savvy buyer. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: