Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 10:50:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: someone with handheld in Murfreesboro,tn area  (Read 4629 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 08:43:46 AM »

Keep on thinking, Charlie, keep thinking. Tongue

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 08:49:28 AM »

I would venture to say the fuel pump got a dose of WVO that rounded the fuel pump drive yoke

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Charley Davidson

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 09:34:32 AM »

Charged the batteries and fooled with it a bit yesterday, it will hit on either but not stay running, both fuel filters are full of diesel.

The WVO tank was empty explaining why it quit on WVO & wouldn't restart. I'm gonna check the 3 way valves to see if they might be stuck on the WVO side not allowing it to suck diesel.

How can I check my fuel pump? Thought I would shut off fuel to the first filter then crank it over to see if it empties them but not sure if I can do it that way because of the fuel pressure switch that keeps the starter from working.

Any new ideas?
NeoplanAN440

1995 MCI 102 D3 running WVO Neoplan AN440

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 10:20:28 AM »

Charged the batteries and fooled with it a bit yesterday, it will hit on either but not stay running, both fuel filters are full of diesel.

The WVO tank was empty explaining why it quit on WVO & wouldn't restart. I'm gonna check the 3 way valves to see if they might be stuck on the WVO side not allowing it to suck diesel.

How can I check my fuel pump? Thought I would shut off fuel to the first filter then crank it over to see if it empties them but not sure if I can do it that way because of the fuel pressure switch that keeps the starter from working.

Any new ideas?

just remove the return line , that comes from the heads and goes back to the tank, and check if its spilling fuel while cranking. fuel in the filters wont prove anything ,and air in a gear pump takes some time to get out!  some on here use a small electric pump, just to prime.

i have a sightglass and pressure and vacuum guage in my fuel line, just to make sure pump and wvo valves are working correct. makes troubleshooting way easier.

Charley Davidson

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 10:26:48 AM »

I have a schrader valve by my filter block (diesel side) should I pump diesel into that or will it make any difference since my filters are full?
norules

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »

when CRANKKING - look for 5-10 psi at the SECONDARY FILTER (that's AFTER the fuel pump) - screw gauge into spare filter port

worst case use a schradder valve with a 1/4" npt adapter and a car tire gauge

10-15 psi at IDLE (no load)
50-70 psi at 1200 rpms (full load)
NeoplanAN440

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »

to remove all other problems , like air in suction line or fuel dropped back to the tank , because the check valve is bad. i would use a small reserve fuel canister or a gallon jug with diesel. remove the fuel inlet from the primary filter and run it into the the canister. should be easy with all your plumbing allready changed for the three ways. check if you get fuel on the return while cranking. we are talking of up to 1 gallon a minute.
if you cant get it to spill, try to prime it with a small pump to get fuel into the gear pump. if the pump is dry it wont build up suction.
if you have a canister with a fitting on the bottom to gravity feed , that would make priming also easy.
goal is to get fuel into the pump , so it seals up again to build up suction!!
NeoplanAN440

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 10:46:59 AM »

also if you have traces of wvo left in your pump and it has been sitting for month, it will goo up the pump.
if it has also air with it , it can get to a rubber like substance.
so if priming wont work and you made sure the pump has fuel, you are maybe in to remove the pump and check its drive or the gears itself.

Charley Davidson

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 09:22:56 PM »

I think/hope I might have found the issue (crossing fingers) I had a buddy sit up front and operate my switches for the feed and return 3 way valves, I never heard or couldn't feel the solenoids click so I think they are stuck on the WVO side & that tank is below the feed tube. Gonna put about 5 gallons of diesel in there and see if she fires up. Won't be able to get to it until Thurs. or Fri.   
Charley Davidson

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »

Got the bus running, it was exactly what I thought, the 3 way valves are not working, the return is stuck going back to diesel tank & the supply is stuck on WVO.

Now I'm gonna get it ready to sell.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 09:24:49 PM »

Glad you found it!
Best of luck in your sale! It's a really bad time to have to sell with the market the way it is, but who knows it could turn out good!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 07:56:15 AM »

Glad you found it!
Best of luck in your sale! It's a really bad time to have to sell with the market the way it is, but who knows it could turn out good!
Grin  BK  Grin
Charlie's bus definitely is not furnished with the average interior decor. The way I remember it, it is lots better than most.  Cool

Finding the right buyer is all it takes. (cheap helps too  Shocked )

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011, 12:01:19 PM »

Quote from: kyle4501
Charlie's bus definitely is not furnished with the average interior decor. The way I remember it, it is lots better than most.  Cool

Finding the right buyer is all it takes. (cheap helps too  Shocked )

OH I agree 100%. Still a tough market to sell in, but hey he may be able to sell it to some of his "groupies" Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Charley Davidson

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »

Easy bus to market "Drive free" "Live free" With all the alt energy stuff on this bus (some still needs hooked up) a person could live virtually free or so close it doesn't matter.

Upgraded drive train (8V92 DDEC + Allison 740A ATEC)
Polished stainless that's in near perfect condition.
Rust issues repaired except under front w/s

Will make someone a real nice bus @ a reasonable price
pickpaul
New Bus Not

New Bus Not

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2011, 02:46:39 PM »

What make/model is the bus? What is he asking for it? Are there interior/exterior pics hiding anywhere. I sent him a PM when I saw the original post a while back but never heard back.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: