Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 11:22:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a drag  (Read 3480 times)
Ace
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1219





Ignore
« on: January 28, 2011, 11:26:49 AM »

It's always something. I found I need a new water pump. Not on the bus engine but on my 12.5 Kubota Generator. Wrico doesn't have any in stock but Justin was kind enough to give me the part numbers for the pump and gasket.

Have you ever known a Kubota dealer to not have the same part numbers or be able to look for them.? Geez, I ended up finding the same exact numbers Justin gave me on Ebay and a whole lot less money too!

I guess it was due since the generator was purchased May 17th 1995 by the original owner and this is the 2nd bus it has been in and I literally haven't done a thing to it since I acquired it in my first bus other than switch it from one to another. I think I changed the oil once but that's it!
Logged

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Van
Billy Van Hagen
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2376


89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV




Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 11:53:11 AM »

I hate it! When that happens! That way! Grin Glad ya found a replacement Ace  Wink
Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
bigjohnkub
pd4903-188 and now pd4107
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 246




Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 01:27:10 PM »

You have a lazy Kubota parts man. We sell tractors and all our parts are looked up on internet. If you have the part # we can get it. I am sorry for your Kubota expierence.

Big John
Logged

Big John  Tyler Tx PD 4903-188 & 4107
871 dd, 4 spd Fuller.
LOVE MY BUS!!!!
9035304497
Bill 340
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 168



WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 05:07:08 PM »

Ace I could have helped on that kubota, we had the missing kubota part problems for 2 years, only to find, that those are concidered to be black market kubotas, even though the really are kubotas, they are built over seas  and the usa kubota manufacturers refuse to reconize them or even allow usa dealers access, to them, subject to their franchise agreements,Yes they do exist I have one now and my last one was one.Anyone with the ones on ebay a few years ago, or from gene in Atlanta, they are good unite run about 3600 rpms but dependable, took me many hours and frustrations to find this out.Can give anyone needing this kubota contact  info, just email me, Sunscreenbus@softhome.net. thanks for the time and patience reading this rambling,I know it frustrated us for years,
Logged

Bill & Brenda Phelan
Lakeland florida..........Host of the ARCADIA RALLY
Gary '79 5C
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 613




Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 12:36:28 AM »

Ace,

How did you know it was bad, that is to say/ask does it leak like an auto water pump thru the tell tale weep hole ?? Or was the engine just overheating?
I do not have a problem currently, but would like to know when the failure arises.

Have a great day !
Logged

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Ace
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1219





Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 06:20:17 AM »

On our last outing, I opened the gen door as I always do to let out some heat when I noticed coolant had been blown out everywhere in the compartment. I had already turned the generator off at this time so after restarting I was able to see exactly where it was leaking from and yes, it was the weep hole.
Logged

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
eddiepotts
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 446





Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 08:06:55 AM »

Changed the oil once? You might want to look at that more often. If I read right it is a 3600 rpm. It should be changed every 50hrs of use. Think about how fast your car would be going at 2000 rpm. About 70mph? So 70mph at 100hrs is 7000 miles before an oil change. How fast would it be going at 3600rpm? Someone may read this and think about changing theirs.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:58:47 AM by eddiepotts » Logged
luvrbus
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 12800




Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 08:17:04 AM »

Dick Wrights generators are 1800 rpm if you ever need the the shut down for yours Ace buy a Murphy cost about 1/2 of what Dick charges and a better shut down fwiw he nevers has parts for the engine he always has to order from Kubota



good luck
Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Ace
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1219





Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 09:01:34 AM »

I can assure you mine does not run at 3600 rpm. Its more like clifford said at 1800. It has relatively low hours so the oil changes are good. The oil was changed when it was installed and again early this year. Both times it was very clean. I had forgotten the time when it was put into this bus.
As for wrico and his parts, correct again. There hasn't been anything yet that I have wanted that didn't need to be ordered but they are good about giving you part numbers so you can look elsewhere. One thing that sort of irritates me though is they always ask for your number and almost always have to call you back.
Logged

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
David Anderson
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 844


South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area




Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 04:53:52 PM »

Since it was leaking out the weep hole, it is a bad seal.  Is there any way to replace the bearing and seal only, instead of the whole pump?

Curious.
David
Logged
Lin
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 4574

1965 MC-5a




Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 05:46:44 PM »

We used to get water pumps rebuilt.  Do they still do that?
Logged

You don't have to believe everything you think.
luvrbus
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 12800




Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 05:54:05 PM »

David Kubota has a kit the problem is most of theirs have the impeller made on the shaft which go bad cost you about the same as a rebuilt unit from Kubota



good luck
Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Ace
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1219





Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 02:02:37 PM »

Ahh my new water pump and gasket for the Kubota Generator arrived today. With no work scheduled tomorrow I MIGHT be able to install it IF it doesn't rain which there is a 30% chance!
Doesn't appear that it will be that big of a job! Maybe a little messy but not hard!
Logged

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 4447


73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida


WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 03:57:29 PM »

Ahh my new water pump and gasket for the Kubota Generator arrived today. With no work scheduled tomorrow I MIGHT be able to install it IF it doesn't rain which there is a 30% chance!
Doesn't appear that it will be that big of a job! Maybe a little messy but not hard!

Ace,
   A 30% chance of rain means a 70% chance of no rain.  Just gotta think positive. LOL  Jack
Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Ace
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1219





Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 04:29:03 PM »

Well Jack thats true and I never looked at it that way!

Thanks
Logged

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!