Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 01:57:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus-Nuts in the Spartanburg, SC area  (Read 2520 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« on: September 09, 2006, 06:45:59 PM »

Hey Guys,

How many are in the upstate SC area?

The last time this got asked, I met some great busnuts.  Grin

Anyone want to shout out? again?

Kyle in Greer, SC

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 04:50:31 AM »

Hey Buddy,
I,m still living here and will be burried here, Can't drive me out with a stick. What is status of your conversion??
Take care and contact me when you can.
Gary

Gary
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 05:47:06 AM »

Hey Gary,
Still trying to get the parking pad done & a few other things, then it will begin.  Shocked

I've been planning & the plan is coming together.

later, kyle4501

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 12:34:26 PM »

Hi Kyle,

I live in Forest City, NC just North of the State line. I have a Eagle 10S and have a couple of friends in Chesnee, SC one with an Eagle and one with a Prevost.

Tom Hamrick
1984 Eagle 10S

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 01:32:12 PM »

I'm going to chime in with Tom...being in NC...but a wee bit west of ya'll.  I'm up in the mountains in Franklin, NC with an old MC5A that needs a bit of help in the finishing.

But we'll be at Timmonsville, SC, at Dallas and Cat's bash, next month and if you're not aware of it...it's going to be one heck of a good time.

Jack Conrad is going to install one of his famous door locks (Freightliner) in my bus and there's going to be seminars, and all sorts of interesting things going on for we Busnuts.  Bluegrass, beer, a Hog roast and comraderie for all.

Other than that, it'll be Busted Knuckles bash in Union City,TN to celebrate Hallow'een...then it's on to FL for the winter for us.

We may not have time to get together this year, other than these rallies, but there's always next year.

I enjoy getting together with other BusNuts to see what they're doing and talk buses.  So much to learn..and so many ideas!

May the Bus Gods smile on you and your project........

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 01:38:50 PM »

I'll be at Timmonsville, I'm bringing my Dad. His Motorhome is a little easier to live in right now & I want him to meet my bus nut buddies.  Grin

NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 03:02:34 PM »

Great news, Kyle...we'll be lookng for you.... and I'm bringing a few Cronie's...just in case you're thirsty... Wink

NCbob

Ace

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 03:16:10 PM »

HEY watch it! There better be a few more! Smiley

Looking forward to meeting all you guys in T-Ville but it also looks like I will be doing a lot of travelling up to that point. It appears I get a free all expense paid trip the week before when I take Susan to Memphis for a business meeting at her new emplyers Fed Ex corporate office. Wasn't really looking for that trip as much as I was the T-Ville trip but hey, it's paid for and since I'm cheap, let's roll!

Bus is coming along just fine once again now that I started working on it again! It sure relievesx the sweekly stress!  Wink

Ace

NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 03:35:51 PM »

Not to worry, Ace...my word is my bond...just make sure you have enough limes and that sharp knife.... Wink

Bob

Ace

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 03:37:17 PM »

No problem! You got a deal! Smiley

Ace
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 06:01:37 PM »

I barely have a grip as it is....... But y'all have a ball, I know I will!

So, I'll be the designated driver as I never cared for the taste of beer as much as I like driving. Grin

Besides, I'd rather learn the turn limits of a bus while under someone elses insurance(It also saves me an a$$ whupin' if the owner is properly 'medicated') Grin Grin Grin

Y'all better hide the keys!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 06:04:00 PM by kyle4501 » Logged

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 07:10:07 PM »

What about EXTREME upstate SC? Like Charlotte? There are several of us'ns right here. Wink
Lost Gene Lewis..he moved to middlin NC. But there's an MC9 right near me in Monroe. Gotta get over there and check it out!
See ya'll at Timmonsville!
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 07:46:49 PM »

Ok! OK! I'll guess I'll have to admit I know ya Tongue   I'm over here in Taylors

There is one like mine near my son's middle school,  I had to do a long double take one time when somebody said "There goes your Bus!"  his is black across the back.  Saw a really sweet eagle in Travlers rest a few months ago.

Hadn't heard from the BBQ guy in a while.

Maybe Ericbsc will give us an update with some pics Smiley

Cool

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Ace

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 08:14:51 PM »

Travlers Rest? I have a friend that lives there. In fact I have a buinch of friends in and around Easley!

Small world!

Ace
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 04:13:13 AM »

WOW!! Small world.  We have friends in  Liberty, Cleveland, and Pumpkintown. Ever been to the Pumpkintown Opry?.  We plan to be in that area for a few days in the middle of October.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: