Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 01:58:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feels Good!  (Read 1182 times)
Ace

« on: September 09, 2006, 07:52:56 PM »

10:30 pm and it sure feels good to have worked on the bus again! Put in a half day, well from about 5pm til now. Was continuing on the ceiling. Tried playing around with some more fancy junk and it might work out for the best being that I will be able to use some of the scrap vinyl from the other ceiling installs. Not only will I incororate some colored mirror IN the celing but lights too! Hard to describe but I guess you'll have to see it to understand it! It's swirly, it's colored, and it's lit up! HEY, I was in a good mood, thing s were going well except for not having the right size hole saw (no biggie, a trip to HD in the AM) and I had my "Bud" helping me! Smiley He was a little scared to go in at first but once in, he made it his 2nd home. Now going down steps for him was a little hard at first but after MANY trips IN and OUT, he seem to get the hang of that too!
SUNDAY, we should be all the way forward except for 4 feet from the windshield, (that's how the wood worked out) and then we'll work on the driver area overhead cabinet. After that we'll come back and finish the 4 feet of ceiling! Not sure we'll get that done by Timmonsville but for sure for Arcadia!

Ahh, the smell of contact cement......you gotta love it!

Ace
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 08:48:18 PM »

Congratulations Ace!  The ceiling sounds very creative, and very nice. 

Thanks also for the encouragement for the rest of us needing it - just to get out there and get started!

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 08:51:13 PM »

Ace, sounds great, love to see some pics when you get tired of working on it.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Ace

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 04:56:04 AM »

Phil, I cAn undestand why som eof us ger burned out at times. I mean it IS a huge project but man when you get part of it done and completed, it just makes you want to get to the next one. I know all those things that are nasty thathave to come apart first or made first before the finish touch is applied is boring but when you get to the point of having a piece of it finished and looking GOOD, then it ultimately makes you FEEL GOOD!

Jim, I don't know if I'll ever get tired of working on it. I enjoy doing the insides of these things  so much that my mind keeps getting more and more creative by trying different things. Of course I got some ideas from looking at and taking pictures of new higher end coaches but I CAN say, I didn't spend all those POG bucks to have it! Smiley  Mine may not be as exclusive or have all the bells and whistles as those but it works for me and I can say, "I" did it! If it doesn't work, I pay me to fix it!

If I can find a chance to get some pics of what I have done this past week, I'll post some pics! Right now I'm waiting on my 12v distribution panel to arrive so I can button it up! The lights are installed and the wires are run. Just need to hook them up so I can "LIGHT IT UP"!

Ace
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 07:27:14 AM »

Hi Ace
what kind of distribution panel did you chose??

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
Ace

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 10:45:37 AM »

PO I ordered one from Boaters World! They seem to be the cheapest even over the ones I saw on Ebay!

Ace
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: