Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 07:26:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Storm!  (Read 6810 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »

good news in SW Ind they changed forecast will hopefully miss us 30 miles to north  but still up to two inches of rain and 50mph wind.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 05:16:35 PM »

Living in a great place that I do in south central Nebraska doesn't come without a price. I actually like the cold and snow from time to time. It seperates the men from the boys!!! Cheesy Cheesy

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 05:31:37 PM »

Jim, will do.   Scott, just keep telling yourself that. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Nellie Wilson

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 05:57:57 PM »

I suffer for you. Honestly. My fingers turn white just hearing about it. I'm only glad I'm not there (anymore).

Nellie

Had to change a tire... Angry  got to put it on backward... Undecided  still trying to fix it on photoshop... Huh Roll Eyes Huh
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »

Living in a great place that I do in south central Nebraska doesn't come without a price. I actually like the cold and snow from time to time. It seperates the men from the boys!!! Cheesy Cheesy

You know, Scott? I like the cold and snow to. Even when you have to be out in it, I don't mind it. The snow really breaks up the winter, and makes things much more exciting. I rigged a set of tire chains together for my truck today. I have never used them around here before, but I figure that I should have them in the truck just in case. I never use them around town, because I see the guys who break out the chains when we get six inches of snow, and I think that looks really dumb. It has to be bad before I chain up...

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 07:48:24 PM »

You know, Scott? I like the cold and snow to. Even when you have to be out in it, I don't mind it. The snow really breaks up the winter, and makes things much more exciting. I rigged a set of tire chains together for my truck today. I have never used them around here before, but I figure that I should have them in the truck just in case. I never use them around town, because I see the guys who break out the chains when we get six inches of snow, and I think that looks really dumb. It has to be bad before I chain up...

Chains!  I had a 2wd Ranger which I had made up a set of chains for. I was in Philadelphia in Jan, 1996 when they got 30 inches in 24 hours. I had gone to work that Sat
with about 8 inches already on the ground and when I came out there was at least 2 feet all around the truck, but dry pavement underneath it due to the wind. Nothing had
been plowed, including the city streets. I put the chains on and was literally the only vehicle moving on the streets as I went home that afternoon. I sure got a lot of funny
looks as I passed up all kinds of cars and 4wd trucks stuck on the streets. I only made it halfway up the driveway, though and spent 6 hours digging it out the next day!

What a blast. With a set of chains, that Ranger was nearly unstoppable!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
scenicruiser997

Owner of two Scenicruisers and one PD4905 Buffalo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 09:50:26 PM »

At 11:30 we started getting thunder from the sleet and coming snow storm in Tulsa, Oklahoma area.  They are telling us to expect 12-20 inches of snow along I-44 from OKC to Joplin, MO. on Tuesday.  Glad I got the "emergency operations center" i.e bus fueled up.  With expected north winds of 20-40 MPH on Tuesday and Wed. with a wind chill of minus -15.  No thawing until Saturday
Aaron in Tulsa.

Aaron
blank

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 09:55:07 PM »

Anyone who says they like cold has never spent time in a warm climate during a Minnesota winter. Lets see, warm sunny skies with pretty skirt clad babes sunning on lawn chairs while bass fishermen fish bass in bass boats, or sitting in front of a wood stove dressed in a snowmobile suit, feeding said stove as fast as you can throw the wood in while the cold slowly emties your mind, while telling yourself you really like sub zero cold and huge heating bills along with a Polar Sun thats up for 3 1/2 hours before plummeting you back into arctic darkness.....
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 10:52:12 PM »

1 AM & 55*
Grin  BK  Grin

ducking now! LOL Wink

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
chart1

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 11:24:06 PM »

I think I should mount a plow to my bus. Supposed to get 15-20" of snow  Huh Huh Huh Huh
Peoria,Illinois
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:29:52 PM by chart1 » Logged

1976 MCI 8
8v71/740auto
8" roof raise
libby

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 04:52:10 AM »

Heikki Lunta is a friend of cody's, when you rile the northern snow god, you get what you get lol    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heikki_Lunta  it goes back to a local thing at a local radio station that cody worked at years ago.  And yes, Heikki Lunta is copywrited.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 04:57:11 AM by libby » Logged
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 08:26:59 AM »

55* here!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 08:34:53 AM »

Thanks-here in Los Angeles we've battened down the hatches to make sure we get through the sunny weather and 62 degree days.  I'll never understand those that choose to live where you get blizzards in winter, tornadoes, and summers with high heat and humidity.  But yoos makes yoos choices.  I'll put up with the traffic, occasional earth quake and the weirdos of L.A. any day.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 09:26:41 AM »

Quote from: TomC
I'll put up with the traffic, occasional earth quake and the weirdos of L.A. any day.  Good Luck, TomC

Everywhere has it's poisons and jewels and up until recently in most of the rest of the United States ENGLISH was the main language not secondary or third like the communist republic of CA. Wink
To each his own, but I never had anything in CA make me want to live there. (shoot I was there once or twice a week for 13 yrs wasn't that close enough to living there?)
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 11:31:53 AM »

I'm actually a little concerned.

After five years, my USAF son and his family left Frankfurt, Germany this morning and flew into JFK, arriving today (2/1/11).  As of right now (2:30  EST) they're at the port picking up their MINI (in NJ).  They also have to get his BMW M5 (in CT) and drive both to Schriever AFB, outside Colorado Springs CO, reporting for duty by the 14th.  Google maps shows their route runs virtually right across the storm front the whole way. . .  Angry

Poor timing, I know, but such is life in the military.

Sarah grew up in MN, so she knows what winter storms are like and how to drive in them.  Eric, OTOH, is a CA boy, where the CHP makes you put on chains when they see the first snowflakes.  (He's never hung chains in his life!  I can hang chains on a bus faster than I can on a car, but I digress. . .)  He's got mad driving skills (can turn a sub-10 minute lap of the 14.7 mile Nurburgring racetrack in the rain, or consistent 8:15 - 8:20 laps in the dry), but very little snow/ice experience.

The MINI's got all-season tires, the M5 has a brand new set of snow tires all around, so I think they're good in that respect.

But I'm still "a concerned parent," and I just pray that they'll use good judgment and stay safe.

FWIW. . .

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: