Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 08:39:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to store the sewer hose?  (Read 2891 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2011, 07:14:00 AM »

The recent topic on the type of hose, has got me thinking. Where do we store it? We really have no good place to store ours.

We have neat hose. I am sure you all have seen it, but it is a semi rigid hose. It makes an interesting sound when you are expanding it.

Anyways, the hose is about three feet long collapsed and maybe six expanded. I really don't want to store it in the third bay, where I currently am. I would really like it out of the bus. So my question is, does anybody have any out of the box ideas? I have thought about mounting a pipe underneath, with a cap, to slide the hose into. However, I am concerned about high centering (have never done it, but I can imagine we would, as soon as that baby is installed under there). I have read about people who mount the same kind of pipe container under their rear bumper. The problem with that is, we have dragged our tail more then once (I always wondered why we let Easter's weld that POJ hitch under there, now I know....lol)

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
steve wardwell

73 MCI 7 8/71T combo just happy to be here

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 07:18:12 AM »

we store our hose in a 4" pvc pipe w/ screw on caps to seal up the stinker

Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 07:30:32 AM »

Steve,
Is your 4" pipe installed inside or outside of your bus?  Does one end have a drain type holes in it or do you have it completely sealed and quite the experience after sitting for a length of time in there if your sewer pipe was wet when stored?  Or do you purposely let it dry before storing?  The latter seems like the right thing to do but we all get in a hurry at the moment we decide to dump and leave.  Do you have photos of your mount and answers to the above?  This is a simple question but quite valuable to contor odor and something we don't like thinking about, even when it comes time to use.  I hate, simply hate that part. I wash mine out after each use but it still smells Poop no matter how long since it was used. Thanks for answering and those with other inputs and photos of what you did would be appreciated as well.    Garylee

Gary
edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 07:52:03 AM »

I have a MCI 7 and store mine where the spare tire used to be, I also keep blocks and other things in there. Just my way.
ED

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
txjeff

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 07:55:16 AM »

I use separate plastic totes for the sewer hose, electrical cords, and water hoses. I stack them neatly in the bay.

jeff

73 MC-7combo
Brenham, Texas
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 08:06:09 AM »

John, I hung PVC pipe with caps in the top of the bays for mine worked good for me you can buy the pre made at CW 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 08:07:37 AM »

I did the 4" PVC pipe for mine, but I found out that the 45 degree adapter I put on the end of the hose makes it not fit in a 4" pipe.  I am going to use a 6" pipe instead. I have the pipe, but I didn't buy the fittings yet.

I keep mine in the bay.  I could probably mount mine above my fuel tank, but that probably wouldn't work on an MCI.  I haven't seen a D3 or DL3 up close to know a good location for the hose on one of those.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 09:03:46 AM »

Mount a 4 or 6" carrier tube in the bay. Add a fitting to the middle of it & run a vent line or a bilge vent fan if required.

We have one of the ~4" tube carriers from Camping World on our camper. It has vent holes in the end caps & we seldom if ever notice any odor. . . .

BTW, the one from camping world doesn't match up with regular DWV pvc pipe, so be carefull before you cut it.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »

I have a 4" PVC pipe with screw on cap mounted above the air cleaners in the engine compartment. It's out of the way and accessible through the rear engine compt doors. Works great and keeps the nasty away from clean space if you know what I mean LOL Will

Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 02:29:03 PM »

John, not sure on your bus but my 5C has a unused area behind the first step. I cut a hole and put a door on it, it is behind the bumper. A nice area for storing somthing. I did not put my hose there, mine is in  4" stainless flex pipe bent down in a bay. I put a drain hole at the botom also.  Tom y

Tom Yaegle
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »

My good friend Bill Phelan gave me a piece of thin wall pvc pipe that is about 5 inch diameter and works great. I just have it laying on the floor of my UPPER small bay but plan on hanging it from the floor IN the bay! It never has smelled bad but I always wash it out pretty thorough after using it!
And a side note to all that use a hose. NEVER EVER use your fresh water hose for washing the dump hose. It CAN and WILL cause you to get sickness that you don't want! I know the fresh water hose is already there and it's handy but do as I have and keep a designated hose JUST for washing the dump hose! You'll be glad you did!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 03:34:28 PM »

Never used it. Use a 3/4" garden hose and a disposal Maserator.

Dave

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 06:20:29 PM »

I built a plastic box for my hoses and fittings. I put a drain on one end of it so anything that happens to come out of the hose will drain out and down under the coach. I always rinse the hoses with water before putting them away, but you never know what might be lurking in them.

There are photos of my storage box at the bottom of the page at http://www.gumpydog.com/Bus/MC9_WIP/Plumbing/Holding_Tank_Installation/holding_tank_installation.htm.

This is one of the things on my bus that I'm really happy with. Next summer, I'm going to modify the mounting rack so I can attach my generator and aqua hot exhaust stacks to it for storage.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
MikeH

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 09:50:23 PM »

Quote from: gumpy

Craig, you got an extra . at the end of your url. Try this one: Gumpy's Holding Tank Page.

I have seen this installation in person and it is very well done. Of course, most everything on Craig's bus that has been done has been done right.

Mike

"It just ain't fair! How come the good guys always win?" -Bad Jack Cutter
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 07:03:38 AM »

Thanks for the replies, guys. That gives me some really good ideas.

I will let you all know what I come up with.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: