Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 04:25:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiring (installation) Info for Onan Marquis 7000  (Read 5797 times)
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2006, 04:47:38 PM »

Anyone have a link to an installation or wiring  diagram for an Onan Marquis 7000? It appears the generator was upgraded in my bus at some point but it is still wired to a 20 amp panel. I need to change that but I can't do it without a wiring diagram (nothing is marked). Thanks!

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 05:33:22 PM »

On my Onan Marquis 5500 LP it is as follows

Black = Hot
White = Neutral
Green = Ground

Jay
87 SaftLiner
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 09:39:40 PM by TomCat » Logged

On The High Plains of Colorado
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 05:59:54 PM »

Hello Oldmansax,

Here is the Onan direct link to the Marquis 7000

http://www.onan.com/onan/rvgenerators/Marquis/generatorProductDetail.jsp?prdid=prod90017

Hope this helps
Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 07:25:56 PM »

I have not followed this up very far yet, I am still looking thru the documentation that came with the bus. Jay, my junction box has 4 wires, all of which have been painted over. I will find out the original colors when I get into the box. Nick, I looked at Onan's site before but they just have ads, no diagrams that I can find. All generators I have had dealings with before have either three wires (110 leg, 110 leg, neutral leg, & use the frame for ground) or four wires ( 110 leg, 110 leg, neutral leg, ground leg) unless it was a 3 phase generator which is not applicable here. Do some RV generators produce only 110 volts? In this case, that would mean a 7000 watt unit would produce 110 volts @ 63 amps? The wires on my generator do not appear to be large enough to carry that kind of amperage. Huh

Delaware

TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 09:33:57 PM »

Oops, of course you're right, there should be 4 wires for that type genny. I have since pulled out my Onan book and here is what it says...

L1 Black
L2 Black (Should have stripe)
N White
G Green

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 04:50:57 AM »

Thanks Jay! Smiley Now all I have to do is find, purchase, and install new panel, remove all old wiring, reroute what's left to the new panel, re-wire generator and shore power lines.........HMMMMMM, this aint gonna happen today

Delaware

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: