Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 06:55:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cash baby!!!!  (Read 10015 times)
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 05:49:54 PM »

If I was the seller, I would prefer arrangements other than cash.  Money can be counterfeited like anything else.  That's why retailers have those gold pens they swipe the dead presidents with.
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 06:11:41 PM »

If I was trying to convert counterfeit bills to real money the last thing I would buy would be a bus conversion.  It would be hell to sell one.  I would buy stuff like gold jewelry that any pawn shop would pay cash for.

I personally would feel pretty safe taking $100 bills for my bus if I was selling it.  I suppose I could take the cash to a bank before handing over the vehicle.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »

Taking cash to a bank can be a problem also some banks just allow a small amount of cash each month unless you are a cash bussines and frequently deposit large amount of cash don't ask how I know that lol

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »

I would consider handling everything in a safe place.  Perhaps in your bank.  You could arrange with a bank officer to withdraw and hand over the cash while you both are there.  I would understand that the seller does not want to worry he is taking a bad check, however that bank could even issue a bank check on the spot to he knows that it is real.  Then, if there is a title problem, there would be a paper trail.  I once bought a car that way. Further, since bank officers are often notaries, you could have him verify the transaction in some way.  Another option could be to use the AAA, the DMV, or a lawyers office in some way.  It is not right to ask to increase your risks to minimize his.  Remember, con man commonly manipulate honest person's trust and enthusiasm.

I once had a guy trying to sell me a bus that was not his.  I lost my deposit on that one.  Even though he was caught and prosecuted, I did not get any money back.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 06:39:05 PM »

Marc.. If the bus isn't too far away, I'd be more than willing to drive you there and follow you back in case you have any problems..
You have my number.. Give me a call if I can help in any way..

Jimmy

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 06:52:10 PM »

Marc,

If the guy is 80 years old, and since you have met him, I wouldn't sweat it. Don't worry about it. You will be fine. I have had a lot more then 10K cash with us. No problems.

No worries. You have it covered. Just watch out for his kids Grin. They might be the shady ones Cheesy.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 06:59:16 PM »

I only try to carry my 2 cents with me. But I find myself always giving it away  Grin

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 07:20:10 PM »

Looks like this bus isn't the one after all.  After much consulting and a ton of pictures analyzed, I got some wise council from a rust expert telling me to walk away...  I will follow the advice of the expert.  So the search continues and the cash stays under my mattress! Grin

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 07:24:12 PM »

the cash stays under my mattress! Grin

So, um, just curious, where's your bed?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ha, couldn't pass that one up Grin
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 07:39:20 PM »

Where was the rust that 20 is made from Cor/Ten and Cor/Ten rusts to protect the metal should be only light rust on sheet metal

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »

Where was the rust that 20 is made from Cor/Ten and Cor/Ten rusts to protect the metal should be only light rust on sheet metal

good luck

Hi Clifford,

I will try to upload the pics for you to see or PM me your email address and I will send the crucial ones to you.  It was disappointing, but if there is a glimmer of hope, I'm open to it.   Huh Undecided

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »

Jump,

Any chance you could post those pics or a link to them Huh  I am sure many feel they are part of this transaction, by now. Smiley

Thanks,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »

Here are the nasty ones...  The bus is an Eagle 20

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/thejumpsuitman/100_9519.JPG

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/thejumpsuitman/100_9534.JPG

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/thejumpsuitman/100_9536.JPG

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 08:56:50 PM »

What was he asking?  Please

John

Great photog.

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 09:06:35 PM »

What was he asking?  Please

John

Great photog.

John Ed,

I send you a PM.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: