Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 23, 2014, 12:38:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cash baby!!!!  (Read 9729 times)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2011, 06:04:44 PM »

Grin Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2011, 07:03:49 PM »

FWIW

I will always tell them "No." Remember, that is IF they ask. If not, there isn't much I can do about it. If it is legal, they have to tell you that.

It doesn't hurt to tell them "No." Always.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
blank

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2011, 10:53:10 PM »

How about wad it up in a couple of diapers rolled up and taped into a ball like they were used. Grin

In 1998 we went down through Tx and along the Gulf coast. Going through La. we saw many, many cars and trucks pulled over being emptied out onto the highway. Scared me that they were doing that. Later heard there was a big FBI bust against s bunch of crooked cops down there. I'll just stay out of there.

But on another note. A great many men willingly sacrificed thier lives 200 odd years ago to give us the rights were talking about being trampled on here. Since when do we have to be subject to anyone about our comings or goings, or our personal effects, unless were under arrest? How we let this happen is beyond me, and its probably much to late to turn it around, but we really should have fought a lot harder for what we gave up.

Every little law or ordinance they create, is just another right or freedom we give up. I dont smoke, but ever increasing smoking ordinances act to strip away all our rights. They always use the gains they make on one ruling, as an example of support to take away the next thing they dont like. 
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »

what about those of us that live in our coaches full time?  this is our "residence", our "house".  do the rules change because it is a residence?  or do the same rules still apply as to a "car"?  i guess that might be a good question for an attorney.  it is a motor vehicle, but it is also a residence which falls into a different category.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Nellie Wilson

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2011, 11:19:48 PM »

BCO -

That's one of the (many) reasons I love you! A maverick to the bitter end (plus, youre  damn good writer).
And I don't doubt you for even a moment... except to say, that isn't my experience. Not even at the borders, where carte blanche (field officer's mood of the moment) is the norm.

Permission must be obtained before any search... if not volunteered, much rigamorole (and paperwork) ensues.

I won't belabor the point, as you may well be right.  But you got me wondering: Why did those Louisiana cops seek permission? Could be ... just maybe ...  the constitutional prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure trumps the local constabulary?

Just askin'?  Smiley

Makes me wonder, too, why we just held a memorial service for two cops trying to serve a warrant? Geez, if they'd only known that was unnecessary... Cry

Nellie

Had to change a tire... Angry  got to put it on backward... Undecided  still trying to fix it on photoshop... Huh Roll Eyes Huh
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2011, 01:57:46 AM »

BCO -

That's one of the (many) reasons I love you! A maverick to the bitter end (plus, youre  damn good writer).
And I don't doubt you for even a moment... except to say, that isn't my experience. Not even at the borders, where carte blanche (field officer's mood of the moment) is the norm.

Permission must be obtained before any search... if not volunteered, much rigamorole (and paperwork) ensues.

I won't belabor the point, as you may well be right.  But you got me wondering: Why did those Louisiana cops seek permission? Could be ... just maybe ...  the constitutional prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure trumps the local constabulary?

Just askin'?  Smiley

Makes me wonder, too, why we just held a memorial service for two cops trying to serve a warrant? Geez, if they'd only known that was unnecessary... Cry

Nellie

Nellie, most of this stems from a little thing that was passed after 9-11, it was called "The Patriot Act."  A lot of your personal constitutional freedoms were stripped from you at that time under the guise of terrorism protection.  If you don't believe that, then go down and purchase an airline ticket and try to fly somewhere.  Better yet "pay cash for your ticket and don't take any luggage" (that profiles you as a drug runner) and see what transpires.  This has already happened to me personally when I flew to Oakland, California to attend to the death of my father.

The reason they ask to search is this:  

If they ask to search and you tell them yes, then anything and everything that they find, can be used against you in a court of law.  If you REFUSE the search, they most likely will search you anyway, but anything that they find from that time is considered by the courts poisoned fruit and therefore inadmissible to be used against you.  

That is how it was explained to me.

Our liberties and personal freedom's, constitutional rights, are being eroded right before our very eyes, and we stand back and do nothing about it.  We have no one to blame but ourselves, we allow these things to happen, and then later on, we sit back and lament the fact that they are gone.  I have nothing but the highest regard for police and veterans, don't get me wrong, it is the politicians that I cannot stand, they are parasites in our society.

BCO
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:25:22 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2011, 02:24:44 AM »

How about wad it up in a couple of diapers rolled up and taped into a ball like they were used. Grin

In 1998 we went down through Tx and along the Gulf coast. Going through La. we saw many, many cars and trucks pulled over being emptied out onto the highway. Scared me that they were doing that. Later heard there was a big FBI bust against s bunch of crooked cops down there. I'll just stay out of there.

But on another note. A great many men willingly sacrificed thier lives 200 odd years ago to give us the rights were talking about being trampled on here. Since when do we have to be subject to anyone about our comings or goings, or our personal effects, unless were under arrest? How we let this happen is beyond me, and its probably much to late to turn it around, but we really should have fought a lot harder for what we gave up.

Every little law or ordinance they create, is just another right or freedom we give up. I dont smoke, but ever increasing smoking ordinances act to strip away all our rights. They always use the gains they make on one ruling, as an example of support to take away the next thing they dont like.  

It is insidious the way it happens isn't it?  First they start with some little thing like smoking as you pointed out, or my personal favorite, "seat belts."  And then they are off and running with it.  Go down to the bank and try and remove a LARGE CHUNK OF CASH and see where that gets you.  

One of these days it will be "all people with blue eyes are to report to" and that will be it.

We by-pass Louisiana every time we go to Florida or back east to the races, we will have nothing to do with them, for exactly the same reasons you have stated above.  Why put yourself in harm's way, if you know it is there?

Now it is time to cut y'all some slack (Okie Talk) and I will now get down off my soapbox and say no more.

BCO
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:26:21 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2011, 06:36:14 AM »

Thomas, Simply put; if you are going down the road the vehicle laws apply. If you are camped somewhere the residence laws apply. This could vary in some places and under some circumstances. 

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2011, 06:52:55 AM »

Well I have no problem avoiding Louisiana in the future.  no offense to anybody from there, but I thought it was a DUMP.  At least where we drove through.  I-20 was nearly deserted, but we cam back along I-10 and it felt like a third-world country.  We stopped outside Lafayette for the night and went to Wal-Mart. It felt funny just walking in, looking around at the kinds of people there.  By the time we were ready to check out, a big fight broke out and by the time we left, the entrance was surrounded by cops.

You can keep Louisiana.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
John316

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2011, 06:57:11 AM »

Marc,

To be honest, I agree. We don't necessarily avoid it, but it sure isn't my favourite place. Nothing against the people that live there, but I feel sorry that the state has slipped so far. I know the hurricane didn't help anything, and it has been a long hard recovery.

Sadly there are getting to be a lot of other places that feel like a third world country, in the states. I could list some of them off, but I won't.

God bless,

John

rusty

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2011, 07:07:54 AM »

Boy I hope the boss is not reading this. Anytime we go southeast out of Colorado we will go a 1000 miles out of our way just to eat in Louisiana. You guys not going there will leave more Crawfish for me. Safe travels.

Wayne

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2011, 07:24:58 AM »

Quote from: boxcarOkie
Nellie, most of this stems from a little thing that was passed after 9-11, it was called "The Patriot Act."  A lot of your personal constitutional freedoms were stripped from you at that time under the guise of terrorism protection.  If you don't believe that, then go down and purchase an airline ticket and try to fly somewhere.  Better yet "pay cash for your ticket and don't take any luggage" (that profiles you as a drug runner) and see what transpires.  This has already happened to me personally when I flew to Oakland, California to attend to the death of my father.

The reason they ask to search is this:  

If they ask to search and you tell them yes, then anything and everything that they find, can be used against you in a court of law.  If you REFUSE the search, they most likely will search you anyway, but anything that they find from that time is considered by the courts poisoned fruit and therefore inadmissible to be used against you.  

That is how it was explained to me.

Our liberties and personal freedom's, constitutional rights, are being eroded right before our very eyes, and we stand back and do nothing about it.  We have no one to blame but ourselves, we allow these things to happen, and then later on, we sit back and lament the fact that they are gone.  I have nothing but the highest regard for police and veterans, don't get me wrong, it is the politicians that I cannot stand, they are parasites in our society.
BCO

Don,
You are exactly correct here! I too have been stopped and searched in airports for "traveling light" and having large amounts of cash on me. Flying across country to by a motorhome with my uncle & both of us had large amounts of cash, him to buy the MH and me for expense on the way home. And then several times to buy buses by my self or with my dad and I always get searched! Dad got by them once, but I always get the search. (Once I didn't even have much cash {less than $2500} but a $35,000 cashiers check! And was told "you can convert that to cash @ any bank since your the one who took it out of your bank")

And I was also told the exact same thing about the search, if they are determined to search you they are going to whether you like it or not. But if you refuse to give them permission than a lawyer can beat the "evidence" in court as inadmissible!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2011, 07:39:31 AM »

Rusty, you are funny. There are parts there that are not so nice, but, there are a lot of other places that are that way also. We have been thru there many times, never a problem. Broke down there once in the bus, right in the middle of traffic, had to be towed off of the road. Local police were nice and helpful. They even gave us a ride to a hotel, lol. Didnt care for that part, lol.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2011, 07:47:22 AM »

You  can have the best time of your life around Breaux Bridge I love the people and the food we make it a point to travel from Houston there every year I can not bear the thought of Wayne and Lin having all the fun 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
John316

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2011, 08:26:24 AM »

You  can have the best time of your life around Breaux Bridge I love the people and the food we make it a point to travel from Houston there every year I can not bear the thought of Wayne and Lin having all the fun 

good luck

Clifford,

You and Wayne are right. There are nice parts, and one of those places is Breaux Bridge. I was more talking generalities, as in close to the big cities.

Thanks for the correction.

God bless,

John

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: