Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 04:56:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FAST IDLE DOES NOT ENGAGE  (Read 4618 times)
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 05:21:22 AM »

Nellie, if there is a Schrader valve that is connected to one of the tanks (hopefully the wet tank), that would be fine.  The issue with Schrader valves is that most air chucks do not lock on the valve.  You can buy special chucks that do that, but I would be tempted to replace the Schrader valve with a female quick connect.

I don't think Eagles came with Schrader valves, and can't speak for other buses.

Bottom line, the very first Rich should take is to find a way to hook up an auxiliary compressor.  That would really speed up trouble shooting.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
coloradorich

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 06:11:30 PM »

I have a compressor that I use to air up my tires, will connect it at the back when weather permits it is now two degrees and droping. We live in our bus full time and are at an RV Park while we purcase some land in the mountains. Will keep you all posted if I find anything.

" Downhill Flyer Gravity is our Friend "
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 07:33:46 PM »

Sounds like a plan.  I hope our weather in Evergreen/Denver heads you way.  Supposed to be in the '60s this weekend.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Nellie Wilson

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 05:45:49 PM »

Jim -

Excellent point: "The issue with Schrader valves is that most air chucks do not lock on the valve."  See, that's the kind of stuff I don't consider... it's why I persist in opening mouth and inserting foot. Plus I didn't realize we were talking Eagles (read, Nellie, read!) Embarrassed

Hey, Colorado, snoop around Buena Vista. Check out Cottonwood Hot Springs: Hippyish but wonderful (you can park there). Five springfed pools (varying temps), tons of wildlife (besides humans) and GREAT fishing nearby. And, after dark, the pools are clothing optional  Wink. Wanna show off? Just get to your neighborhood tanning salon (suddenly realized why BO taxed these places).

The area is absolutely gorgeous and virtually unchanged in many years. If you find a chunk of land let me know! Heck, let us all know.

Nellie

Had to change a tire... Angry  got to put it on backward... Undecided  still trying to fix it on photoshop... Huh Roll Eyes Huh
coloradorich

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »

nellie

Buena Vista sounds great but to far and snow is deep. Found and am buying 5 acres in the Sangre De Cristo Mountains at 8650 ft.

" Downhill Flyer Gravity is our Friend "
Nellie Wilson

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 01:14:45 AM »

Hey Colorado -

As I recall, Sangre de Cristos are in southern Colorado... somewhere west of Trinidad. That area is gorgeous and has one of highest wildlife populations in the U.S. Pretty decent weather too. Maybe that's why all those outlaws  Shocked hung out around there?

Good for you... sounds a good plan!

Nellie

Had to change a tire... Angry  got to put it on backward... Undecided  still trying to fix it on photoshop... Huh Roll Eyes Huh
gus

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 10:31:43 PM »

Ed,

Thanks, that is good to know, but hasn't ever happened to me. Now I know!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: