Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 10:59:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Basement air ducting diagrams for a MCI 9  (Read 980 times)
grantgoold

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2006, 08:34:35 PM »

I am ready to install a two ton basement air conditioner in my middle bay. I have all the installation instructions without any diagrams on retro install to the bus. Has anyone installed a basement air in the MCI 9? If so, do you have any pictures or diagrams on ducting and such.

Thanks

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 03:45:43 AM »

Hi Grant,

here is a pic of my 2 stacked 15,000 btu heat pumps if this helps

Nick-
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 03:47:49 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 11:27:07 AM »

That does! On the installation instructions it states that the unit must be at minimum 14 inches above the ground. I take this to mean the floor of the bay. This would ensure no restrictions on the hot air that will be sent out the bottom of the unit? Is this correct? I can accomplish this in my bay and then exit the hot air out the side of the bay instead of through the floor.

Nick, I know this is your profession, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 11:44:23 AM »

Grant,

The 14" off the ground referres to a park model type camper and the 14" is so that floods don't damage the unit.

The metal to the left of the units is the condencer exhaust through the floor of the bay. The angeled metal behind

the 6" supplys is the return plentum that is tied into the coach air return in the floor. the 6" supplys are piped up

to a 2 1/2" x 14" main trunk in my ceiling with 12 hi volocity defusers bringing the preassurized air into my coach.

Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: