Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 27, 2014, 12:07:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parts hunting surprise-  (Read 2503 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 07:14:45 AM »

Hey Brill-o COOOOLLLLL! I knew you were a busnut from the start! I have loved "Luray" from the start! And I applaud your decision to keep her as a charter Opps I mean a seated coach! LOL! That is so cool! I hope you have a great time with "Penny" and awesome success with both of them!  I do expect you to keep us posted on both! And when you get "Luray" done perhaps when I get a charter over in your area we can "hook-up" and I an hire you & "Luray" for an authentic history lesson and ride in coaches from the past! (Might be able to set you up with others too! as I think you've got a nice 2 nice pieces of history ! You're in area rich in american history, and now yer rich with american bus history!  Keep up the great work! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 08:05:19 AM »

Just as a curiosity, I wonder what it would take to make these really old busses commercially legal. Might be able to use them in various "old towns) Charleston, St. Augustine, etc. as tour busses.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »

Hello again-

Thanks again for all the well-wishes!

BK & Len:
What a generous offer!

As Len pointed out- I’m not too sure what it would take in insurance, titling, a business license, taxes, liabilities, etc…

Not to mention the fuel mileage…

Plus, this would take tens of thousands of dollars to restore her back to her exact original state (as she left the ACF plant)--which I just don’t have.

I like the word “refurbish”-

I can get her up to snuff and keep the original look with out replacing every last piece.

Three museums have shown interest in “Luray”—but want it done “their- way-or-no-way”, or, I should give it to them as a tax write-off, and they will do it themselves.
One has quoted me (if they got her) a minimum starting figure of 16K for the resto’. Another was upset that I wasn’t just going to give it to them as they had a trucking firm which would come a get her right away.
The third said they would display it- but if not in original T/Ways motif, they would only park her outside for advertisement to passing motorists (and at my own risk!).

Suffice to say I’m not having tranpso’ museums squabbling over her…

I really like Penny, as her conversion was going to be the basis of Luray’s plans. Of course, I have no need for two R/V’s.

But I LOVE Luray…

As most here know, I’m not one to spout off about anything until it’s concrete, finalized and/or written in stone-
(Well, in some cases- at least plausible.)

With “Penny” being a full-on conversion already (tanks, outside electric hookup, shower, toilet, beds and stove already installed), she’s destined to remain this way with just updating and maintenance.

Luray—I have some interesting plans for her-

Without putting the cart before the horse- I can say that she will have seats and the over-head baggage rails (located both—originals), but maybe not “all” the seats…

She will still get my designed paint scheme, but the rest (besides the “normal” repairs) will remain low-key until I have something a bit more fitting and presentable for exposing here.

I’m working with a very knowledgeable and respected board member here, on a scheme to help with the repairs and “upgrades”…

Nuff’ said….

I won’t leave anyone in the dark, so I’ll be posting stuff along the way.

Thanks once more for all the interest which has been shown!

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 10:32:44 AM »

Brill-o, again I'm really glad to hear you found "Penny" and I agree with what you sy about "Luray" 100% !

Now my suggestion was merely an occassional incident type suggestion (which I know of loop-hole ways to bypass all the red tape for!) Now as far as making it legal as far as licensing, insuring, and biz license and etc. it wouldn't be difficult at all! But not cost effective, just as fuel costs would not be for a "full time biz adventure of this type!"  However there are ways to get around some things such as setting yerself up as a historical society or museum for antique buses which would exempt you to many issues! As far as licensing and insuring one, the law is cut and dried, if it will pass a DOT inspection ! They can not refuse to license or insure you!  Again the historical society with historical plates is the way to go! Also if you do not "charge" for the services, but as a not for profit historical society "accept a donation in the amount of ____ to cover operating and driver pay expense's only" it is not a commercial vehicle eliminating 99.9% of the red tape BS! And a licensed charter operator I/we would lease the unit & driver for a "historical learning experience" for the necessary above mentioned donation (along with a reasonable owner/driver gratuity) which would allow us to have our insurance cover our passengers (should the unmentionable ever occur) while keeping it all legal and on the up & up ! Just food for thought !

But in the mean time lets concentraight on getting "Penny" usable and you & yers enjoying her before we move on to other possible ventures for you an "Luray"

Good luck, and best wishes to you, Brillette, and little Brillette in your future adventures! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: