Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 01:41:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Son's Scenicruiser adventure  (Read 9760 times)
rampeyboy

1954 Scenicruiser PD4501-227

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2011, 12:25:37 PM »

The videos inspired me enough to get off my tail and do some work to my own!

Boyce

Boyce Rampey
Columbia, SC
Scenicruiser 227
mike802

1983 MCI MC9

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2011, 07:24:28 AM »

Hi everybody, just wanted to jump on quick to say hi, and thanks for all the comments. I'm Rob, from the videos and the trip to get PD4501-855.

I heard from Nick the other day that he had put the videos up online and that Mike had posted them for everybody to see, so I figured I ought to be polite and log in to say hi. I'm glad you guys got a kick out of our little adventure, it turned into quite a weekend.

The time I get to spend on the internet usually works out to be few and far between, so I don't usually get the chance to dig into the forums too deep, but I'll do my best to get back on here soon and add some details to the story for anyone who's interested.

Hi Rob Nice to see you jump in here and welcome to the forum.  Maybe we can talk Nick into joining and then you two can explain all the details better then me trying to relay  Tongue  LOL

Does that have the 13-speed RoadRanger tranny in it?
  Yes it has the 13 speed.

Mike
1983 MCI MC9
Vermont
NeoplanAN440

1995 MCI 102 D3 running WVO Neoplan AN440

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »

Please more videos and rescue stories like this!!!!  finally somebody that does what he wants and knows how!!!     

i dont understand the people complaining about them or asking how could you take such a bus on the road!
i am sure these two , know more about the technical condition of this bus from preparing it for the trip in the days before the adventure, then some drivers in their new to them shiny conversion that gets on the road once a year while otherwise waiting all the time in the heated and tiled garage. and just because its waxed and stored inside they think its safe to drive it without knowing how to check for oil level , not to mention brakes or simple things like water in the air tanks.

my hat down to these two, that are hands on , and have done more work to have this bus road safe then most others on their converted rv.

as for rules in other countries. being from germany , it took some time to get adjusted to the different laws and rules here. but as these two did , we also found ways to bring home the dream car or truck (that was junk to others and we thought its a diamond). most people also complained that we couldnt have driven that one on red plates or towed this one as it is. but we did it and did it as safe as possible.

keep the hobby up, and restore some of the past for others to learn from!!!
Rick59-4104

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2011, 08:16:27 AM »

Glad to see the old bus rescued, and glad to see the can-do attitude of these 2 guys. I enjoyed the video and the story. Thanks for sharing.

Rick

NW Arkansas
1959 GM 4104  No. 4115
1972 Grumman Kurbmaster Stepvan Conversion
1957 Airstream 13 panel Overlander
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2011, 09:04:26 AM »

Really great videos.  Looks like alot of labor of love coming up.  Couple of things (that you probably already know)-while the tach works, it is not calibrated right-reading way low.
I would suggest you install the reinforcing plates between the windows-since it looks like some of the panels are wrinkled.
Also-great to have the 13spd! You don't have to use all the gears-you can skip shift anyway you want.  When I was driving truck, when empty, I'd start in 4th, pull up the button and shift to 6th, then shift without the splitter until up to highway speed, then click the overdrive splitter.  If it shifts backwards, Eaton makes an X shifter that will make the shifting back to regular.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Jackling54

1954' crown supercoach

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »

Sure wish i had a video of yesterday !!! I drove the crown down the highway with no windshield ,door or siding after raising the roof 13" ..
I DID HAVE A PERMIT .lol I'll try and post a picture i have though..Lots of  funny confused onlookers that's for sure... Cool Had to get it to the fab shop some how !!!

"I'd rather people hate me for who I am than love me for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain
mike802

1983 MCI MC9

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2011, 06:34:34 PM »

Hay Jackling54  I would have loved to see that, would have caused quite an uproar here Grin  Hope you had a good set of goggles, kind of like riding a really big motorcycle Grin

Mike
1983 MCI MC9
Vermont
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: