Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 07:45:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck for the first time  (Read 4386 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 07:12:24 AM »

Quote from: somewhereinusa
Sorry for existing, I admit I misread the OP and some later ones that were talking about valve cores.
Not to worry, I'll NEVER bother you again.

See now you took it wrong, I merely pointed out that you didn't read all of it and were incorrect in your statement.
I even said I didn't mean to be harsh!
But hey it's yer choice you can stay and play or not!
Have a great day! (and if you decide to stay and play I think you will find that most on here are not assholes like me!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 07:14:29 AM »

yup, that's the first of the 12 steps.  Roll Eyes

I never made it any further, let me know what comes next?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 08:02:36 AM »

Sorry for existing, I admit I misread the OP and some later ones that were talking about valve cores.
Not to worry, I'll NEVER bother you again.

Come on, pal. You are new on here. You got to take things nice and easy. You might be the owner of MCI. However, we would learn that over time.

This is a board to share ideas. I can tell you, it doesn't look good on here when you get upset at a long standing member, on your third post. In fact, it kinda reminds us of some others that we would all like to forget (right papa BK?). So just take five, and don't let your ire up. You will be fine, if you want to be....

FWIW

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 10:36:22 AM »

But welcome aboard and don't mind BK. He's actually our welcoming committee... Grin Grin And for what it's worth from me, seems like a pretty good hearted guy.....

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
somewhereinusa

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 04:42:42 PM »

I'll admit that I misunderstood the OP, but I'm not the only one.
I've had many, many valve cores fail on my 4104 in the past five years.
Gus you are 100% correct go by and visit a friendly big rig tire shop and they'll most like give you a handful of heavy duty cores for free or at most a buck or two!
Funny, had similar thing happen a couple weeks back. Gave the valve a twist and it quit losing air

I am completely to blame for missing the next couple of entries. You don't know me, I don't know you. I do however take exception to the way it was stated. To indicate that I am some kind of idiot because of a misread seems a bit childish. I am truly impressed by someone with over 5000 posts that have ALL been spot on, exactly to the point and correct. My answer may not have been exactly to the point, but it wasn't WRONG for what I thought the topic was. I personally haven't had it fail, BN in his vast experience apparently has.

You might be the owner of MCI
This is irrelevant, I don't.

I am new to buses, I am NOT new to mechanics. I was earning a living as a professional mechanic before BN was born. I spent most of my Navy time as a trouble shooter,electrical and mechanical, in a rating that is basically automotive. I have worked on more kinds of autos both foreign and domestic than many of you have even heard of, if you want the list I can probably come up with one. Many without manuals or any kind of book at all. I have been crew chief on both IMSA and SCCA race cars.

I joined this forum because I like to do a lot of research on anything I undertake, and to get ideas, I also thought that I might be able to add something once in a while.

BN is probably a very nice guy, I have no idea, and wouldn't be able to tell from the above exchange.

Dick
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:55:12 PM by somewhereinusa » Logged
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 04:56:05 PM »

BK  is a tour coach operator. Is light hearted. and do anything for you. Also sponsors bus rallies.  You will fit in just give it awhile. Lots of knowledge here. For instance the original poster plays with rattle snakes.    Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Brassman

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 06:26:28 PM »

It's best to thicken up your skin. A rolling bus doesn't gather moss.

Hang around, you'll figure it out. Bad comes to worse, re-register with a new handle.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 06:32:50 PM »

Basically as a newbie it might be a tad wiser to lighten up a bit or you will not get much help from this forum. Other than that welcome aboard and we hope you have some knowledge to contribute. Geeez....

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »

Dick,

Scott just about summed it up. Lighten up a bit. I think we can get along well. However, picking at such a petty thing, does not bode well for the future. I can assure you though, if that little misunderstanding, caused you that much of an issue, just hang around a while. You will need much thicker skin, if you do anymore posting. Just about everybody on here has had that at one time or another. We just suck it up, and move on. No big deal.

Oh yes, welcome aboard (I think Grin) Grin.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 07:11:52 PM »

Dick, welcome aboard, and please hang around!

The last guy in the door gets the blast as the frustration mounts with time wasting of the previous posters.

Unfortunately, you were the guy this time.

For those of us in the business, a failure of the seal between valve stem and wheel is very frustrating, because it can be prevented. And then folks keep misreading, and feed off of that. And we don't have all day to leisurely wade through it all without getting pissed at the time it takes. That's our problem, not yours, just by way of explanation, not excuse.

All these parts should be replaced when the tires are installed, especially by a busnut, who doesn't mess with tires on anything close to a commercial rotation time line. Brand new, high quality, metal valve stems, and valve cores for the pressures involved, and a fresh wheel/valve stem seal.

Dick, looking forward to meeting you at a rally someplace!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 05:51:36 AM »

Somewhereusa thank you for your input. If it had been a leaking valve core that advise was appropriate and I for one did not know that metal caps would seal well enough to help.  As far as getting your shorts in a twist over BK's comment you may have a sensitivity problem. If that is son then this will not be a good experience for you. Remember that tone of voice can not be conveyed in written form.   We welcome all new comers to the board and hope that all will learn and contribute each from their own knowledge and experience. None claim to have all the answers some have vast experience others not so much. If you react with anger every time someone points out a small fault then you will not be comfortable and will cause others to flame you.   Here's hoping that you can get by this and stick around to continue to contribute.  Rod

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 06:25:59 AM »

Well can they replace the rubber grommet without taking the tire off or not? Grin

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 06:31:55 AM »

Wal I doubt that they can replace the rubber grommet from the outside. I am pretty sure they have a flange on the inside whch the nut pulls tight. I think(Being The operative word) all the stems for tubeless tires are put in from inside the rim.   You might go to a truck stop and look at replacement stems to get a better idea. Rod

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 06:43:38 AM »

I am fortunate I have a truck stop I can get to from here by taking back country farm to market roads.  I think I will just ease up there and tell them I am going to have a Coke and a smile while you fellas get dirty. Grin

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 07:06:19 AM »

Sounds like a hernia preventing plan to me. Rod

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: