Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 06:51:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: leveling system  (Read 4761 times)
norules

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 04:00:58 PM »

Very good catch

MAC-35A - AAA - DBAA - 1BA is the much harder to find 12 volt DC solenoid
MAC-35A - AAA - DDAA - 1BA is the VERY COMMON 24 volt DC solenoid

what's inportant is to use a (BI-DIRECTIONAL SOLENOID)
Because
most solenoids and standard SKINNER valves - WILL HOLD PRESSURE ONLY IN ONE DIRECTION

and not to worry - I had the former Members permission to use and modify the (before & After)  picture
mikke60

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 05:19:55 PM »

Hate to reply to my own post.I do recall someone on this sight replacing the leveling valve arm with a actuator,(3 position I assume).when the actuator was returned to the neutral position,the bus would revert back to auto. Does this seem workable?  thanks ,, mike
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 06:22:30 PM »

Hate to reply to my own post.I do recall someone on this sight replacing the leveling valve arm with a actuator,(3 position I assume).when the actuator was returned to the neutral position,the bus would revert back to auto. Does this seem workable?  thanks ,, mike

Sean did that on his bus.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 06:32:57 PM »

linear actuator. Basicly does same as my barn door system only it is electric. It lies to the leveling valve so it reacts to do it's normal function. I used what I was comfortable with. Sean is comfortable with electric control. Same result we both use stock leveling valve to do job. The coach I  am doing now has a 5 valve leveling system from factory. Part of it is missing.  I will prob go back to kiss system. Or even maybe try the linear actuator system. The factory system looks like it could have allot go wrong with it.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 06:44:32 PM »

I used something like this   http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/air-con-35c.htm

works great.  4 zones... LR, RR, FRT, & TAG

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 03:49:55 AM »

Ok, I see the photo using the 24v valves, but how does one go about releasing air from the air bags before you start to do the leveling. I have seen some S&S motor homes release all their air and settle down and then start to level refilling the bags as needed to level.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 04:15:32 AM »

Ok, I see the photo using the 24v valves, but how does one go about releasing air from the air bags before you start to do the leveling. I have seen some S&S motor homes release all their air and settle down and then start to level refilling the bags as needed to level.

I've never seen a working leveling system in a bus but from some of the pictures I have seen, it looks like there are brass mufflers on the air valve switches at the guages. That leads me to believe the air releases at the air valve switch but I also would like to know for sure.

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
papatony

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 09:52:04 PM »

norules where would find the valves and solenoids? having trouble finding them  tony
norules

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 12:06:45 PM »

http://www.macvalves.com/distributors/usa.htm

or

search EBAY with --> 35A-AAA-DDAA-1    (note the last 2 digits is only the electrical connector type - BA= flying leads)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: