Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 17, 2014, 03:20:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lightning strike J4500  (Read 3519 times)
blank

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »

A bearing used in a Cessna might be the same bearing with the same part number you would find in a Ford, but it was washed, microscoped, x-rayed, and re lubed with aviation grade lubricants. Not exactly the same part IMHO.

Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »

A bearing used in a Cessna might be the same bearing with the same part number you would find in a Ford, but it was washed, microscoped, x-rayed, and re lubed with aviation grade lubricants. Not exactly the same part IMHO.

You are right that is part of the paper trail for aircraft parts. I would go as far to say that one could tract this bearing to the batch of metal it was poured from. I am not sure this extra would justify the cost in a coach.

IMHO
John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 12:28:56 PM »

By Clifford:

Hey Jim, Sonnie said you be sure to tell people that is not his bus  lol

This humor may be lost on some of you.  Several years ago Sonnie Gray and I developed an engine conversion seminar that we presented at Jack and Paula Conrad's rally a couple of times.  Also did a minor version at BusN USA.

We livened up the presentation by playing off of our mechanical vs electronic engine preferences.  Sonnie was squarely on the mechanical side and I presented the benefits of the electronic engine.  We had a ton of fun with that "debate".

When I had all the problems getting my second Series 60 engine running correctly, Sonnie gave me a lot of grief. 

Now it is my turn to give him grief.  He is doing an engine conversion project for a customer and it is an electronic engine with an electronic automated manual transmission.

No matter what, we will have fun at each other's expense (to be sure, good fun Grin).

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 04:48:19 PM »

Kinda makes what I paid for my ISM and Allison harnesses seem cheap.

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: