Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 10:34:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A deal falls through  (Read 2520 times)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »

Well here we go again...

As some of you know, I found an Eagle 20 last week.  We planned to buy it and made arrangements to come back within a week.  The man would not take any money down from me, but said he would wait for us to come back since we could not drive it that day anyway because of the wet area around the bus.  I have called him every day since we saw the bus to let him know that we definitely wanted it and to make sure all was well.

We had not sold sold the Wanderolodge yet which would have given us plenty of money to buy it with, but I had some cash and knew if I dumped some things, I could get the rest.  I sold my Suburban, two campers and my wife's Honda all within 3 days to get the rest of the cash. 

I called the guy to tell him we were coming today...  He said he has changed his mind because it was causing too much "family controversy".........  Unbelievable.

The guy who is buying my wife's car is coming within a couple hours to finish the deal.  We are not going to back out, even though we sold it too cheap, because we gave our word. 

All I can say is WOW. 

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
MikeH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 08:53:41 AM »

Quote from: thejumpsuitman
All I can say is WOW. 

Marc,

This is such a sad story. Many of us have been watching this with total interest. I'm sure there are many of us who feel a portion of the heartbreak you are feeling. How sad for this man to not have peace within his family.

Many kudos to you for your commitment to keep your word regarding selling your wife's car. Your character is fine, our world would be a far better place if more kept your priorities and attitudes. Please don't lose that through all this other crud you are going through.

Even though this hurts, it has been mentioned many times, that when you finally do end up with a bus, it will totally be the best for you and your family. Don't give up, God works in mysterious ways. Don't ask how I know.  Grin

Mike

"It just ain't fair! How come the good guys always win?" -Bad Jack Cutter
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 08:57:30 AM »

Quote from: thejumpsuitman
All I can say is WOW. 

Marc,
... Many kudos to you for your commitment to keep your word regarding selling your wife's car. Your character is fine, our world would be a far better place if more kept your priorities and attitudes. Please don't lose that through all this other crud you are going through.

Even though this hurts, it has been mentioned many times, that when you finally do end up with a bus, it will totally be the best for you and your family. Don't give up, God works in mysterious ways. Don't ask how I know.  Grin

Mike

The only thing good about my character comes from Christ living in me.  All will be well. He knows better than me.  I trust His plan better than my own.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »

We are not going to back out, even though we sold it too cheap, because we gave our word. 

All I can say is WOW.

My fame is vapor and my riches take to wings, all I have in this life that endures is character.

The world is loaded with buses and there is one out there for you.

BCO

rampeyboy

1954 Scenicruiser PD4501-227

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 09:31:24 AM »

Who knows, maybe he calls you back in a week or two and says you can come get the bus, AND knocks off a few bucks for the confusion? Sounds like he wants to sell, but maybe a kid or even grandkid is saying trying to talk him into keeping it.

Boyce

Boyce Rampey
Columbia, SC
Scenicruiser 227
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 09:36:04 AM »

I know the kid thing I have a old corvette that I'm tired of! Put a forsale ad in paper and kids threw a fit so for 3 yrs now it sits in the rear of the barn. I started it last year and moved it. out to stack some lumber to dry in front of it.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »

I think it has something to do with a possible inheritance issue.  Who knows.  He did say he wanted to sell it so there was no fuss over it. 

It is his decision if he wants to keep it, but his going back on his word DID cost me.  I guess he felt okay since he didn't take any money from me.  We spent about $200 on the trip down,not figuring the 2 days of work we lost and we sold a bunch of stuff we would not have sold to get the last of the money.  I think he did us kind of dirty and certainly showed no remorse, but that's the world we live in.

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 09:46:48 AM »

I know the kid thing I have a old corvette that I'm tired of! Put a forsale ad in paper and kids threw a fit so for 3 yrs now it sits in the rear of the barn. I started it last year and moved it. out to stack some lumber to dry in front of it.

Hey Bob I've seen that vette and can understand the kids throwing a fit!
But I gotta win-win idea! Your kids seem like pretty good citizens, and probably would support your decision to donate it to charity. (since it would be for a good cause)

Then you could donate it to the "Make BK happy foundation" and we'd all be happy! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 09:50:28 AM »

Marc,

I must say that I am sorry to hear about what happened. That is really too bad. Rest assured in the fact that the Lord has His perfect will for your life. He is shaping you into exactly what He wants.

In the mean time, I know it can be disappointing. I know the feeling.

But there are more out there Grin

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 10:21:40 AM »

Im sorry about the coach! But in these hard times remember the story of Job and just cuddle your wife. God has plans for you and isnt just tossing you to the wolves, eventually something good will come your way and it will all be worth it.

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 10:27:06 AM »

That really sucks but you'll find the reason why as you already know. Now you got everyone around here looking also. Always a bright side!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 10:45:59 AM »

Though disappointing, it's actually getting kind of amusing...  This is the 4th time we thought we had a bus bought in the past 1-1/2 years and had the deal fall through.

The first one we drove 12 hours for only to find out within an hour of getting there that the owner lost control of it in his yard and wrecked it into his house!  We continued on to see it anyway... It was a mess.

The second was a straight trade of our Wanderlodge for a converted MC7 with a documented new engine.  The deal was a "go" for 3 weeks.  I was gassed up to go get it when the guy called the morning we were leaving and said his wife didn't want to do it anymore.

The third was a board member who was going to sell his bus to me but changed his mind.  I have to say it wad done very honorably though and before I was inconvenienced at all.

And this is #4.

I didn't know it was so hard to buy a bus! LOL

4905 doc

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »

Jump, you're not alone. and it's not just busses. for over a year, we have been lookin, making deals, and watching them fall apart in front of our eye's. First, a house in Fl. for the daughter. had the deal done, bank ok'd the loan, all money in place. day of the closing, seller accepted a lower all cash offer, and poof... house was gone. meanwhile, wife and I were trying out a used truck we wanted. 25g's. test drove, liked it, went in to pay for it (cash). they told me oh no, it's 35 g's. poof... there goes truck. Then, I'm trying to buy a backhoe. contacted a dozen different sellers. couldn't work out any kind of deal for any of them.
 Take heart, because, out of the blue, a backhoe falls in my lap not 10 miles from me, and priced under what all the others wanted. so, keep the faith. when it's right, it'll be right.
 Oh yes, the daughter, found a nicer home, closer to her college, for less money. So, you just never know.
smokedetector

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »

There was an Eagle in Nebraska a couple months ago that I thought we were going to get. I talked to the guy and told him I would call him right back after we had a quick discussion about money at home.I called him back an hour later and he had traded it for a tractor.

Jon Morgan
Athens, GA
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 11:57:10 AM »

There was an Eagle in Nebraska a couple months ago that I thought we were going to get. I talked to the guy and told him I would call him right back after we had a quick discussion about money at home.I called him back an hour later and he had traded it for a tractor.

Okay, here you go!  We had a deal all locked down, on paper, approved and the whole nine yards.  It was set to go.  Beaudry RV on a Country Coach, $365K.

Then I casually mention that as "soon as I sell my home, I will clear the note" and boom ... the bottom falls out of everything. 

Now here is the catch, the approved loan is now not approved because (this is the part I really like) the banker is concerned that if I sell my home I am in fact homeless.  He says, "Where will you live if the coach breaks down and you have to put it in the shop for repairs?" like that is HIS business.

We did not get the loan ... And consequently I added bankers to my list of people I am going to bite as soon as I contract rabies.

BCO

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: