Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 02:50:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XLE prevost bus build up date  (Read 1209 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2011, 03:55:30 PM »

For those that have been following along. Cabinets in! Plumbing in! Electrical Conduit in! Generator in! counter tops  (quartz ) in! shower ready for tile   Kitchen backsplash awaiting grout.  Has bath and1/2  and three slides. Is a salvage rebuild and total investment for the 98  45ft prevost with 60 series and Eaton 10 spd autoshift is still looking good for around 20 grand total cost. Today it was 15 degrees and snowing when the 3 mini-split ac arrived. They are the inverter type with heat also. Still a lot of mechanical to do but most of parts stacked in shop waiting for the 89 to go to Florida (with me) for a break. When we get back the new to me coach gets shop bay and finished.  So it will never be done but shooting for July for first road test.  Will be a total of 18 months since it was towed to my home from Ohio with no drive train and fire damage in rear. Paint will not be finished!!!  Bob       Ps   Members of this board have given a lot of guidance on this project.THANKS 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:04:50 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:03:28 PM »

Congrats and good on ya for taking on and finishing (end in sight) the project.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 07:13:56 PM »

Now get your butt to Florida and post about the 30 degree temps there Bob!!! Hopefully some day I'll be able to do the same!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:19:23 PM »

Bike week Scott----

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »

Thanks for the reminder BOB!! I have to wait a year. I'm secretly planning another run but with no wives!! And we are staying in Daytona this time! No KOA fancy smancy Orlando resort. A funny story.... As a biker type of guy and living within 450 miles of Sturgis I made the trip on many occasions sans the wife to the worlds greatest biker rally. I along with several of my biker buds decided to take the wives along one year. Now we can't go without taking them, cuz they had so much fun. Now we don't go anymore. So I plan this trip with a biker bud of mine, taking the wives, and they are complaining that just going to Daytona won't be any fun. It will be just like going to Sturgis!!!! What's a guy to do?  Shocked

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »

go south young man march 4th thru 13th. I'll be on hwy 40 at SilverSprings

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »

I know where you'll be Bob. I looked it up last year. I think last year you were running down to a steam show and I was on a schedule anyways. Someday I look forwards to meeting you in person, especially that new ride you built!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: