Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 01:05:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a cheap conversion...  (Read 5579 times)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 08:42:51 AM »

Mike -

I've seen that 4905 Laryn posted, it's actually owned by a fellow who lives here in Fresno. 

He's been trying to sell that for over five years, wanted $30K for it the last time I talked to him.  He puts it up for sale on various Craigslists around the country, hoping for a bite.  Never includes many pictures, or they're always the same ones.

I took a tour of it, then walked away.  It has THE most depressing interior I've ever seen in a coach - like a long dark tunnel inside.  Baggage bay doors that don't work properly - have to be held open with a stick. 

IMHO, it's worth scrap, but some sucker will buy it.

If you want, I'll go by his place this weekend and see if the coach is there.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 11:39:06 AM »

bebackbus, you can put as many pictures on craigslist as you want if you use photobucket. Copy the HTML code and paste it in the writeup. The pictures will be seen full size also.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 01:55:45 PM »

Been a while since I have posted but this subject is kinda interesting to me. Most if not all seem to spout it is a buyers market and coaches are just not bringing their true value.

I would challenge any one to post pics of their bus AND state the "buyers market" price they would take.
If you really are a bus enthusiast,I would think that you would be fully aware that if you sold YOUR coach for the "buyers market" price you could NEVER replace it from the proceeeds.

I guess my pointy is these coaches that are fully roadworthy are much more valuable than many seem to lead new enthusiasts to believe.
Not a pot stirree,Just my opinion:-)

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 03:06:12 PM »

I would challenge any one to post pics of their bus AND state the "buyers market" price they would take.

This is a well written comment on the subject, I will however pass on the offer. 

Mine is priceless.

Not that I am an expert on any of this, but it appears that the term is being loosely used, almost a catch-all phrase for anything financial concerning buses.  Perhaps a better term might be "for sale in a depressed market" instead of buyers market.  You want a good deal (to me cheap means junk) you will have to hunt for it. 

A buyers market to me means "cash sale" equals good deal.  My Daddy used to say ... Money talks and the rest of it walks. 

It would be virtually impossible in this current economy to find a banker who is willing to loan on face value what most of us want (my bus is 28 years old in April for example, who is going to loan big money on an old relic, regardless of excellent condition). 

If you cannot get it at a bank ... then it would be right to assume ... that the cash buyer is in the drivers seat (at least right now he is) that I guess would qualify for the term buyers market . 

Wouldn't you agree?

BCO

Do not be a borrower of money, nor a lender of it, be an owner of it.  Ben Franklin (?)

RnMAdventures

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 03:10:38 PM »

I think this one that Jumpman found looks to be better than most in this price range. I am sure there is some wiggle room built in.

Below is what we are talking about for the archives:

1956 GM PD4104 Bus Conversion - $5000 (Franklin TN)

Bonnie is a 1956 PD4104 GM bus

That is an exceptional deal if it runs and drives. I am sure it will take some work to get it road trustworthy, but for 5k you can't beat it.

In my opinion...

Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730
RnMAdventures

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 03:13:57 PM »

IMHO, it's worth scrap, but some sucker will buy it.

If you want, I'll go by his place this weekend and see if the coach is there.

FWIW & HTH. . .

RJ,

Thanks for the offer to go by there, but it's not really what I am looking for.  Wink If your saying some sucker will buy it... I know to heed your warning.  Grin

Mike

Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730
TedsBUSted

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »

The '04 in wildbob24's reply #23 looks to have been awarded a gold medal of some sort:  Grin
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 05:00:46 PM by TedsBUSted » Logged

Bus polygamist. Always room for another, especially ‘04 or ‘06 are welcome. NE from Chicago, across the pond.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 05:00:08 PM »

Most if not all seem to spout it is a buyers market and coaches are just not bringing their true value.

I can remember back when I bought mine it wasn't. Only a few years ago. It is what it is, isn't it?

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
TedsBUSted

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »

Of course if fuel prices reach anywhere near the predictions that'll probably weaken a few.

Bus polygamist. Always room for another, especially ‘04 or ‘06 are welcome. NE from Chicago, across the pond.
bebackbus

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 10:20:34 AM »

eddiepotts

Photobucket is like Picasa or photoshop?  I am afraid I don't follow what you are saying about html etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: