Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 09:47:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golf Cart in MCI bay  (Read 1687 times)
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« on: September 12, 2006, 03:41:08 AM »

I ran across an ebay ad for a great lookiing MC7.....when checking it out, I notice that there is a golf cart in the bay.
There were two photos of the cart, with one inside the bay. I emailed the owner to ask details of the cart and was pleasntly suprised with a prompt and cordail reply-here it is
I am emailing Tom the link to this thread, so maybe he will chime in and answer questions-his bus is awesome, also. You can find his listing my searching for "MC7"or MCI bus. You can contact Tom through that lnk.

-Hey Chuck,
The golf cart is a 98 - 89 EZ Go gas chassis, the front of the body is whatever would fit under the original floor well of the coach......lol
The body is home-made to fit. Under the hood scoop is a bolt system (home made as well) that when you tighten the bolt it draws the suspension down a couple more inches to help make the tight clearance. The steering column collapses with the use of a pipe and "T" bolts. The seat backs are actually one piece and come out quite easy removing two bolts and then the arm rests have three screws each. Sounds like a lot of work but I can be up and running in less than 10 minutes.
I use a pair of aluminum ramps and a small winch to get it in the belly.
The only thing I have problems with is I just changed the tires and wheel to what you see now and they are taller than regular golf cart tires, so I now have to let out some air to fit.
I would be happy to share more if needed, just feel free to ask.
Good Luck !

Tom

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 05:05:07 PM »

Looks cool.  But pardon my ignorance at this question-What do you need a gas powered golf cart for? You'll only be able to putt around the campsite since they are not street legal (or maybe this one is?).  Personally, be better to convert the early Honda car to the baggage compartment then you'll have a street legal car to go to the store or wherever.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Greg Paciga (S.Ga)
Future centerfold

4 years and I'm almost there. N.J. Transits Rock!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 06:19:39 PM »

Or what about a toad?? LOL

I have the perfect toad. I even bought custom plates for the 97 Geo 4wheel drive Tracker I bought.

"bntoad"

Get it?? Ok. For you slow guys...Being Towed.  Smiley

Greg Paciga (S. Ga.)

Don't think your going to do a conversion overnight. I did and 4 years later I'm still only 85% done. LOL  Smiley  Smiley

Why??  Because I did it right. Check out my any of my 900+
pics posted on Community webshots.com
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 07:24:32 PM »

My son in Riverside, Ca has a three wheel golf cart with Harley Davidson engine that is/was licensed in California. It is a 60's model I believe.
Richard
BTW, it is a two cycle that reverses rotation when started for going backwards.

Looks cool.  But pardon my ignorance at this question-What do you need a gas powered golf cart for? You'll only be able to putt around the campsite since they are not street legal (or maybe this one is?).  Personally, be better to convert the early Honda car to the baggage compartment then you'll have a street legal car to go to the store or wherever.  Good Luck, TomC
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 07:26:04 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 04:29:29 AM »

"bntoad"

I'd like to get "IMATOAD".

However, my wife and son drive the car when it's not being towed behind the bus. Somehow I think they might object.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 04:37:49 AM »

We put "the Caboose" on the back of our golf cart that we tow on a small trailer behind our bus (Orange Blossom Special II). I am thinking about a similar magnetic sign for the back of our red Grand Cherokke that can be put on when we are towing it.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 04:52:54 AM »

Since all the more popular 'toad' plates we already taken here in NC I had to use a little imagination in picking one for our little Scion.

So I settled for 'Tow Bard' and wish to state that there is absolutely no poetry in my soul.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 06:57:24 AM »

To me, scooting around the campground is all I'd want to do with a vehicle small enough to fit in a bay, anyway. I have seen the little Hondas cut down to fit in a bay, but any kind of accident with another auto and youre DRT.
   What I do think would be cool with a golf cart is to use a 24Volt cart, and then, when its in the bay, Id plug it into the bus. My inverter or bus alternator would charge the batteries while I drive,and I would also increase the bus's house battery capacity by leaving the GC inside and plugged up. Kind of like a spare "rolling house battery".........Hmmmmm......

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 07:01:24 AM »

Thought about a fancy tag for my "new" econoline van. finally put a 64 year tag.
 Same as the year of the van.

No inspection fees  no tag fees and cheap collector car insurance. in North carolina.

Uncle ned.

ps  bet ncbob will be jealous when he sees my box.

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 07:11:59 AM »

To me, scooting around the campground is all I'd want to do with a vehicle small enough to fit in a bay, anyway. I have seen the little Hondas cut down to fit in a bay, but any kind of accident with another auto and youre DRT.
   What I do think would be cool with a golf cart is to use a 24Volt cart, and then, when its in the bay, Id plug it into the bus. My inverter or bus alternator would charge the batteries while I drive,and I would also increase the bus's house battery capacity by leaving the GC inside and plugged up. Kind of like a spare "rolling house battery".........Hmmmmm......

Chuck I like the ay you think!

TomC I know you already know the answer to this question but since you asked yers, I'll ask mine.

Why do we do any of the silly things we do, like convert buses and create gizmos and toys?

Because we can!

Just my -2 cents worth BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
TomNPat

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 09:32:41 PM »

Chuck,

We have an old Melex electric cart which we shortened 6 inches, lowered with smaller wheels and shorter rear shackles, removable seat backs, and drop the steering wheel by removing 3 bolts on the steering gear mount.  It is close enough on the seat so a little jacki will pin the seat bottom against the center tube on our MC9.

Just bought stadium seats so we will just have to fold down backs.  Want to have steering gear with universal joint or disconnect for shaft and tube.  Also want to do adjustable shackles so it doesn't look like a 'low rider' when out of the bus.

Converting from 36 volts to 12 volts will take some wiring, but will get done to provide house power.  Asked on this board about a transfer switch and everyone said just hand wire it.  Haven't done that yet.

As to why, Knuckle has part of the right answer.  The other part is that we do what lots of other busnuts don't.  So we did it our way!!!  Not an odd concept to most of us, completely foreign to Dick and the others who think their way is the only thing acceptable.

I'd sure like a plan or sketch of what the owner did with the steering!  Thanks in Advance.

TomNPat
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: