Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 08:25:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Bus: Neoplan  (Read 2468 times)
wildbob24

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2011, 05:47:52 PM »

Don't recall seeing this one before:

http://tinyurl.com/Neoplan

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:28:29 PM »

I'll call foul!

Isn't that one of those units from the space centre?

Year isn't right, how about the height?

Sean, wade in on this!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 07:46:58 PM »

BW you is right it is an ex-Kennedy space center bus.
But it is pretty cool!  here is the link to the video (home made music & all!)
http://www.privatemotorcoach.info/
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 08:29:28 PM »

That's great but you can't drive it anywhere since 45ft in most states is the length limit on motorhomes.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 08:56:49 PM »

They have nerve saying it's a 2004 -- it's actually a 1984.  They put a new powertrain in it and some new front caps, and cleaned it up a bit.  These KSC Megaliners were compete rustbuckets -- they never left the cape and its salt air.  They were also rode hard and disposed of in typical GSA fashion; not a one of them brought more than $15k at auction, and I am pretty sure this one went for $6k because it had no engine.

Tom is right -- overdimensional in most states (all but 12, if memory serves).  You'd need a permit to even move it in many, usually only good for a single trip.

They did sink a ton of money into it.  But what it cost them is irrelevant -- it's only worth what the market will pay.  As an orphaned coach illegal in most states, I would give them perhaps $10k for the unobtanium parts.

FWIW.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 10:11:49 PM »

Sean,
If they would take 10 grand for it I'd buy it and take my chances on getting caught being over length! (did I just type that out loud?)
By the way my friends over in MO did buy the other one I had been asking you about.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NeoplanAN440

1995 MCI 102 D3 running WVO Neoplan AN440

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 07:57:31 AM »

Here are some pics from a real Space center Bus i found not far from me !

NeoplanAN440

1995 MCI 102 D3 running WVO Neoplan AN440

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 08:01:26 AM »

NEO/Russ
NEO/Russ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »

I bought one of these from a CA dealer who bought several.  He wanted the engine, I wanted parts from the chassis.  I paid $500 and after 2 trips from TN to FL had 2 front and both rear axles, steering, and a few other parts.  That was during the time I was attempting to convert my 40' Neoplan double decker.  I can reinforce that these were RUST buckets.  In the late 80's I lived in the county where KSC is and I remember one interesting fact; Brevard county had the worst corrosion of any county in the US based on the salt air, rain patterns, UV, etc.  And KSC was even closer to the water than where most of us lived.

I remember talking with the buyer who bought 3-4 at the auction.  They tried driving three back to CA.  I bought the fourth from them.  Two of the three made it ok, but the third was stopped about half way and they had to park it, get overlength permits and it was a slow ride home.

I agree with Sean that this was one of the 84's and it is obvious cost was no object so having the rust repaired was just part of the package, but while there is no way I would pay that much I still would be worried about all the places that rust is still trapped.  As I recall there were about 26 of these and for a few years they showed up, but now most are gone.

Well no longer a bus nut, but over the years I learned a lot here and still come back to see what I can apply to the conversion of my KW T2000 for hauling my Teton fifth wheeler.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »

I've been overlength my whole life...... Comes in handy when your pissin on the side of the road!!! Grin Grin No Bryce.... being overwidth is different!!! Grin

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 01:42:00 AM »

Chopper.....you are in deep kimshee, Bro Cheesy Grin Grin   I did laugh tho. Wink

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 03:44:16 AM »

Kimchi ::  A pungent spicy Korean staple made from Garlic cabbage ginger carrots and onions. Rod

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 12:44:15 PM »

Known to smell like shiX to round eyes.  An acquired taste for us but a staple in Korea, I am told.

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 02:53:09 PM »

Actually there are some 27 varieties of Kimchi some made from cucumbers some from long leaf lettuce. The one with the offensive odor is the winter cabbage kimchi and the odor is from the fermentation just like sour kraut but with more kick Rod

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »

Actually Rod, that is waaaayyyyy more than I needed to know. Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

But thanks anyway Wink Smiley

John

—Pla
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: