Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 07:19:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW MUCH DID IT COST  (Read 11964 times)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2011, 06:55:01 AM »

Wal1809,  just don't ask him how much they cost. Grin Grin Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
justin25taylor

1974 05 Eagle and 1986 10 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2011, 07:44:32 AM »

It is my money and my business what I spend the kids get a little upset sometimes lol and I have answers for them too

good luck

I LOVE that analogy Clifford. I have a dear friend that just passed and at the will reading I'll bet the thought crossed their minds, how things would have been different if they worried less about what their dad spent and focused more on him as a person. He was sick a little over a year and they did not bother to see him until he was in his final three days on this earth.
It sure made me sad. He wanted nothing more than a "normal family".

Good Luck and thanks again BCO for this classic (as always) post.

Justin
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2011, 07:52:31 AM »

Quote from: boxcarOkie
A rancher placed an ad in the local paper for a rodeo worker. 

No one showed up, except this one long haired, blond headed kid.  He had on a Hawaiian Shirt, loose shorts, tennis shoes and a head-band.  The rancher that placed the ad, looked at the kid, and asked him, "You a rodeo hand?" and the kid said, "Yeah."

So then the rancher handed him a length of rope and said "get on that horse, and rope me a calf."  So the kid mounted up, came out of the chute like greased lightning, ran the calf down, roped him, bulldogged him to the ground and tied him in record time.

The rancher was impressed and then he looked at the kid and said, "Man, I would have never figured you for a ranch hand." 

And the kid said, "Why is that?"  The rancher said, "Well, the way you are dressed.  I was expecting a western cut shirt, jeans, cowboy hat and cowboy boots.  Not what you are wearing."

The kid smiled and then said, "What were you wanting, a ranch hand or a professional truck BUS driver?"

Thanks for your comment Clifford

BCO

Thanks both Clifford and Don! This modified version is going up on the wall in the drivers area of the office! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
challenger440

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2011, 07:58:06 AM »

Maybe itís because busses are so big.  Something that size must have cost a bundle!   I would say that about 70%  of the people Iíve told about my bus have asked me how much it cost.   Even the sheriff who came out to do the title work asked me. 
   Maybe they ask because they think, feel, they could never afford such a thing.   And some really are interested.
JM

John M.
Helena, Mt
MC7  "under construction"
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2011, 07:35:19 AM »

darn, now I know what I've been doing wrong on these years...

Gotta get me some western boots.

Then I'll get the respect that I deserve!

I'd think the "professional" tag comes with wearing something on your feet that gets polished regularly.

Style matters less than upkeep?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2011, 09:53:25 AM »

Maybe itís because busses are so big.  Something that size must have cost a bundle!   I would say that about 70%  of the people Iíve told about my bus have asked me how much it cost.   Even the sheriff who came out to do the title work asked me. 
   Maybe they ask because they think, feel, they could never afford such a thing.   And some really are interested.
JM

Good point.  I did have one guy "tell me" (he didn't ask mind you) that it was a Trailways coach.  I tried to tell him different, actually spent quite a lot of time giving him the history of the bus.  In the end it flat didn't matter, he said "It is an old Trailways boy, and I can prove it." 

So I said, "Okay, let me have it."

He looked down and pointed at the Eagle on the front grill-work and said, "See, right there, it has an Eagle on it, all of them Eagles had those on the front!"

This is why in Oklahoma, it is illegal for second cousins to marry each other.

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2011, 09:55:01 AM »

darn, now I know what I've been doing wrong on these years...

Gotta get me some western boots.

Then I'll get the respect that I deserve!

I'd think the "professional" tag comes with wearing something on your feet that gets polished regularly.

Style matters less than upkeep?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Get you some of them real pointed ones, made out of a dead reptile, with toes so sharp, you can kill a cockroach in the corner with 'em.

BCO

Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2011, 12:45:34 PM »

How much did it cost? Tell me how much you make and I'll tell you if you can afford it.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2011, 03:02:57 PM »

How much did it cost? Tell me how much you make and I'll tell you if you can afford it.

If'n I have to ask, then I sort of know it is "out of my reach."

thank you for your reply,

Don Smith
aka:BCO

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2011, 04:10:38 PM »

How much for the boots? Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2011, 04:20:16 PM »

How much for the boots? Grin

#3 gunboat or just regular size?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  I joined that other bus board, they asked me for a password, and i really had problems with it.  Finally came up with something but it wasn't easy.

Here it is:  "MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofySacramento"  (they said that it had to be at least 8 characters long and include at least one capital)

BCO
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:23:22 PM by boxcarOkie » Logged

blank

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2011, 11:22:14 PM »

Several years ago I traveled with a friend whom owned a 45 ft. Eagle, 102, series 60 with world trans, two slides, all new skin, custom wood interior etc, etc. One day he asked what I had in my 06, I replied something south of 20K. He said "you piss me off", I said why??
He responded " Ive got 700K in mine and when we are going down the road I'm not having a bit more fun than you are".>>>Dan

And you didnt ask if he'd trade? You could have said "Im having more fun than you ya know.", "why's that?", "Cus I didnt spend 700K on my Bus.".
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2011, 11:57:16 PM »

Great Post & Responses,

First BCO, you have one sweet, clean, wonderful looking coach. You also have a sweet, clean, great looking building. I mean clean ! Mine is junk magnet.

When I get the question of How Much?

I can tend to get indignant, but rather ask "Are you interested in buying it ??" I see no relevant interest or need to know otherwise.

It would be like me asking someone's wife's bra size?? What am I going to do with that information. I am not getting close to the contents within. I care not if they are orginal equipment or after market's. None of my business.

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2011, 02:49:48 AM »

Thanks for the flowers Gary.

I do my best to keep the shop clean if I can, being almost 3,000sq ft when it gets really dirty, it takes FOREVER to whip it back into shape.  I am not as anal as my friend Randy ... But I am organized.  Randy will open his tool box and say something profound like ..... "Where is my screwdriver, I am missing a screwdriver." 

Whereas, I will open my tool box and say ... "Where the _____ are my screwdrivers!"

Don Smith
aka: BCO

muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2011, 06:41:04 AM »

The doorbell rang last week, when I answered the door this guy standing there.......he said, "Wow, with that bus sitting in the driveway, I thought......a rock group lived here"  he looked disappointed but then started his sales pitch.........(selling kirby vaccum cleaners, but they would work on "any" model), he asked me if i ever heard of Kirby, I said, "no"  (sure i have), but i do have an electrolux, the best they make, is it any thing like that?"   He looked, rather deflated!  He was at a loss for a second, so I jumped in and asked him if he had a minute?.........He said, "sure".......I came outside and asked him to hold my ladder and hand me tools while i worked on my bus..................long pause, he said, " I really need to get busy selling sweepers"............as he walked back to his car.......he turns and yells, "we clean carpets too".............I just waved as he drove off!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: