Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 06:43:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW MUCH DID IT COST  (Read 11959 times)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2011, 08:11:05 AM »

I don't wear no stinkin' boots, Wranglers, Snap type shirt or any of that other western crap when I drive.  Just a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, sandles and a big smile.  Of course it helps I run Florida!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2011, 08:41:05 AM »

Thanks for the flowers Gary.

I do my best to keep the shop clean if I can, being almost 3,000sq ft
Geez, Our home is almost 3,000 sq ft, and I barely get our bus in the living room Shocked, I need a larger house  Undecided Grin Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2011, 11:36:17 AM »

Thanks for the flowers Gary.

I do my best to keep the shop clean if I can, being almost 3,000sq ft
Geez, Our home is almost 3,000 sq ft, and I barely get our bus in the living room Shocked, I need a larger house  Undecided Grin Grin

Look at it from this perspective Van ... It being inside the house and all ... means the dumpstation is just down the hallway.

BCO

junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2011, 03:53:55 PM »

Gary, You have been curious a few times, yes or no inquiring minds need to know!  LMAO, John L
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2011, 08:35:21 PM »

haha!!! I was torn for the longest time, my choice being to turn a large enclosed attached sunroom into a shop for the bus or an apartment for my son..... sigh, my son wins!

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2011, 08:46:11 PM »

LOL! My wifey still sighs when she looks at Don Fairchild's grease stains on the carpet Cheesy Grin and for that now my honey sleeps under the stars, the bus that is. Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2011, 08:52:56 PM »

Your wife sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders, unlike sum of us others! One thing though, at least my sunroom is a concrete slab with no padding and covered simply in indoor/outdoor carpet I dont like  Grin But it's called insurance for my older age..... my son promised to go to college, stay off drugs and keep his act together  Grin I cant do better then that!

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2011, 05:38:10 AM »

Great post. Now you helped me make a decision I have been kicking around!

If it is not too personal, what was it, you have me curious.

BCO

Awnings!! A Mirage by Carefree of Colorado for the patio awning replacing the 24' it has already and then matching ones for the windows. I seem to have dumped a few bucks into the ole girl this winter but probably not what that new Imron skin cost you! Can't take it with us. I've been kicking rocks but it's going to happen regardless so I just as well do it now and enjoy it.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2011, 06:06:59 AM »

Great post. Now you helped me make a decision I have been kicking around!

If it is not too personal, what was it, you have me curious.

BCO

Awnings!! A Mirage by Carefree of Colorado for the patio awning replacing the 24' it has already and then matching ones for the windows. I seem to have dumped a few bucks into the ole girl this winter but probably not what that new Imron skin cost you! Can't take it with us. I've been kicking rocks but it's going to happen regardless so I just as well do it now and enjoy it.

You know Scott, we almost never put them down, we have 'em and all that, but I believe they have only been down one time.  Nowadays, we are only doing the traveling in early spring or in late fall, the summer months, we sit them out here at the goat farm.  Just too hot, even with five AC's it is almost impossible on some days to keep up with it.

The Imron was pricey, about $350 a gallon, and she took 11 gallons, clear coat wasn't much better.  Both are petroleum derivatives so you know where that is going, right?  The major cost factor on the coach paint was the bodywork, it was extensive, there were places that we found bondo that was 1.5 inches deep if you can believe that?

Thank you for your reply,

BCO

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2011, 06:26:23 AM »

Whenever we pull in somewhere I have a progression of things to do. The first is cold adult beverage, the second is hooking up the electricity and the third is set up the awning.  We use ours a lot.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2011, 08:29:17 PM »

$19,700 for everything and our labor. M&C Grin

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
blank

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »

Whenever we pull in somewhere I have a progression of things to do. The first is cold adult beverage, the second is hooking up the electricity and the third is set up the awning.  We use ours a lot.

Wow, I could have wrote that myself. Ive about wore the awning out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: