Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 12:32:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New York City - Any suggestions?  (Read 3251 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 11:22:32 PM »

And to Ed goes the first place prize.  $5.00 per day and located at the ferry landing?  Be still my beating heart.  Thanks, Ed.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Pla
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 04:18:28 AM »

i think it's $52 per day not $5

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 06:43:50 AM »

Id suggest Four Mile Creek State Park for the Niagara Falls area. The sites are bus friendly and the Robert Moses Parkway runs from the campground to the Falls. PM me and Ill be glad to fill you in on the area.

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 08:01:14 AM »

i called liberty and they are $62 per night but give %10 off with fmca which i don't have.

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »

Enjoy the trip!  Aside from New Jersey, there might be something reasonable on Staten Island which is also a ferry ride to Manhattan.  We are from New York but had not lived there since the early 70's.  We visited for a couple of weeks last year and were amazed by how much the city had improved.  The Subways were fast and convenient.  Google even gives Subway directions.  They have unlimited Subway use passes that make it very reasonable.  It is also quite a bit of fun to walk around the city too.  There is a tremendous amount of things to do, and I'm sure that you will be able to find things that you would want to see.  Unfortunately, the rest of the family will have different ideas of what's fun.  It is a bit of a drag to get dragged around to someone else's points of interest.  I still haven't been to the Statue of Liberty.  How about you, Van?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 04:38:02 PM »

Lin. Nope me neither, Mom and Pop pasted through there when they moved to the states. Lots to do there, me I always go to my favorite haunts when there, White castles, Ninos pizzaria Grin Have a great time see the museums, the village. My first trip though would have to be the tour (by boat) around Manhattan. Smiley

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 08:12:53 PM »

I am following this closely and am following up on the leads. How about everyone that has been there or are in the know list their top ten must see or do places not including these:

Statue of Liberty
Brooklyn Bridge
Ellis Island
Times Square

Thanks

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Its the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »

Angry If fuel prices keep going the way they have in just the last two days this trip will get ever harder to do. Any fun money will get put into the tank just to get there. Anyone know where the soup kitchens are in NYC? Sad

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »

Yup! Got ya covered there too!  http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS351US420&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=soup+kitchen+in+lower+manhattan&fb=1&gl=us&hq=soup+kitchen+in+lower&hnear=Manhattan,+New+York,+NY&cid=8860600642516544587
Add the south street sea port to your journey, Wall st. Ground zero. Mean while uptown awaits, museums, Metropolitan opera, Central Park (by day of course Grin), cross town, 5th ave, Fao Swartz  Radio City Music Hall. Then there is the U.N on the east side, Penn Station, Umpire State building, 42st. Midtown an Times Square, and then back over to the west side of Manhattan sits the Intrepid. I'll leave it here for now, more to follow. Smiley Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 03:27:31 AM »

the soup Nazi is on 55th street

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 05:23:59 AM »

With the responses I am getting my attitude is starting to change for the better. One of the reasons I like San Fransisco so much is that I feel that there is a lot to do there, and I know what to do. My first thoughts on NYC and the surrounding areas are just of tall buildings and concrete, and that does nothing for me, especially if finding a place to stay and park the bus is a major hassle. Being pointed to specifics is a huge help in relieving my stress of planning this. Few things make me more ill than to find out I was within one mile of something I wish I would have seen, and didn't even know it was there. Thanks for the effort you all are putting into this, it is greatly appreciated.

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 06:40:04 AM »

You could probably spend six months just playing tourist in NYC and still not see it all.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 08:33:16 AM »

for liberty harbor RV park if you call this number you will never get through.201.386.7500  i tried for a week then i dialed 201.386.7501 and got through first time.

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 12:00:52 PM »

Barn Owl, i was there once in 1967. The top thing on my list was to see the city getting smaller in my rearview mirror. Smiley  I was not impressed, no desire to ever go back. Times are different now and i am told things are better there but i have a lot of other places that i would rather go to. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »

Ed, you must have been stationed at Fort Dix too, LOL.  Used to take the bus into the city on weekend pass once in a while.  Crazy place in '66 & '67.  Love, peace, hippies, beatniks, the Village.  Those dudes sure didn't like GI's during the war.

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: