Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:59:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems at the Scenicruiser Orphanage (who wants a Scenicruiser?)  (Read 5684 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 06:05:52 AM »

Tom,

My brother live in MD, and that state has some of the most restrictive laws regarding it's citizens. I would move regardless.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
scenicruiser997

Owner of two Scenicruisers and one PD4905 Buffalo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 06:53:34 AM »

Buddy, If you were any closer to Oklahoma, I would have them brought over to my 40 acres.  My two Scenicruiser's could use some company.  We don't have any problem's out here.  Heck, my neighbor has a collection of maybe over 50 Ford Taurus's that he buys at auction and then resells to his renters of his trailer park at high interset, and when they can't pay he repos them and resells them to another sucker.
Send the old girls out here, and I'll watch over them.
Aaron

Aaron
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 06:58:06 AM »

Kyle,
I wish I were still @ our property in Union City where I could start a bus storage yard that could house as many buses as any of us wanted to store there.
But I'm not and we are tight on space as it is now.

As you already know I am a big "Cruiser" fan and would love to have one. But I would have no place to store it even if I were to "acquire" one and somehow come up with the $ to get it towed home.

I wish there was some way to get the property down the road from us that has 10 acres, a HUGE shop 160'X200' and an unfinished house in the country and used to by a recycling plant (so I doubt the neighbors will have any complaints about what goes back in there!), but again $ comes in the way!

I'll be looking and searching for a way on my end to help you save one!
 Sad  BK   Sad

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 07:19:48 AM »

Any busnut  with money looking to relocate that would like to live near BK? Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 09:07:16 AM »

Building a storage shed would be cheap enough, but the detention pond is cost prohibitive.
The real problem is the neighbor - she lives there & I don't - so she has unlimited access to make trouble - which is what she is doing.

I must move anything she can use against me out of her reach. Then I'll consider what options make the most sense.
She has been behind all of the negative issues I've had down there (her children did it & she covered up for them). Problem is, there is no proof that will hold up in court & she knows it.

What goes around comes around.
You reap what you sow. . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Rick59-4104

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 09:11:29 AM »

I know not everyone can but it would be nice if we were mobile enough to vote with our feet when Local and State Politicians get too restrictive, some restrictions are good some are bad. If taxpayers started leaving the over regulated repressive areas in droves when the restrictions become overbearing things would change. Another thing the more restrictions the higher the tax base seems to be.

Here in rural Arkansas I can have as many projects as I want on my acreage ( I do keep things neat) the downside is someone can buy the 40 acres upwind of me and put in 5 poultry houses if they so desire.

Rick
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:18:38 AM by Rick59-4104 » Logged

NW Arkansas
1959 GM 4104  No. 4115
1972 Grumman Kurbmaster Stepvan Conversion
1957 Airstream 13 panel Overlander
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 09:12:16 AM »

I know not everyone can but it would be nice if we were mobile enough to vote with our feet when Local and State Politicians get too restrictive, some restrictions are good some are bad. If taxpayers started leaving the over regulated repressive areas in droves things would change.

Rick

Very true, and I am about to cast that vote myself.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
blank

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »

Here in rural Arkansas I can have as many projects as I want on my acreage ( I do keep things neat) the downside is someone can buy the 40 acres upwind of me and put in 5 poultry houses if they so desire.

Rick

Thats the price of being free Rick. Hard to believe NC could be more restrictive that Minnesota though.

As Benjamin Franklin was quoted as saying, "those who would give up a little freedom, for a little security, deserve neither."

Its not just an old Bus we cant park on OUR property, its what we wanted to stop someone else from doing yesterday, that is coming back to bite us today. Before you act to stop your neighbor, ask yourself if there is something you like having the freedom to do that he might have a problem with. Most all of these rules are coming from tit for tat and an almost complete lack of personal responsibility. I suppose next they will try to ban Happy Meal Toys.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 07:01:50 PM »

Maybe we should come up with a list of "stay away" states to publicly declare as a group that we won't tolerate their nonsense.  I would rather spend my time and money in States that value personal freedoms.  I have put Louisiana on my list  From what I've heard about MN, maybe it should be on there too.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
blank

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »

I really hope you find a good home for those Buses. I would probably be interested in the better one, but I already feel an MCI 9 is to big and heavy. A SC is Ginormous and no doubt very thirsty.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 07:52:52 PM »

Why all the hate for Minnesota?  I live in Minnesota and I am not aware of a bunch of freedoms I am giving up by living here.

The major suburb I live in has some pretty liberal RV parking restrictions for the size of the city.  If your RV is on the side or back of your house it can be located anywhere as long as it is 5 feet from the property line.  It can even be in front of your house as long as it is on your driveway.  A lot of cities don't allow RVs in front of the house period.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 08:02:37 PM »

Why all the hate for Minnesota?  I live in Minnesota and I am not aware of a bunch of freedoms I am giving up by living here.

The major suburb I live in has some pretty liberal RV parking restrictions for the size of the city.  If your RV is on the side or back of your house it can be located anywhere as long as it is 5 feet from the property line.  It can even be in front of your house as long as it is on your driveway.  A lot of cities don't allow RVs in front of the house period.

I've heard a lot of horrible things about MN State police.  Then there was that episode a busnut had after a minor accident a few months ago.   

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 04:54:37 AM »

Marc,

That would be RickB. I don't remember where he lives, though.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
PADoug

Squirrels store food in bus. Are they bus nuts?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 05:15:38 AM »

I would love one of the Scenics. My Fiance' even has a place to park one. (I occasionally get the "hint" to keep looking for a bus, now that I have my CDL.). The issue is what it would take to get one in running enough condition to get it here...  Undecided

Good luck!

Doug

Living life one day at a time, and keeping first things first. MM Philanthropy#225 F&AM Greensburg, PA
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 09:10:13 AM »

Scenics are lighter than a MC9. With seats & luggage racks removed - 25,000#

The rounded corners reduce wind drag. The 2 that I drove home averaged about 10 mpg running ~55 to 65 mph. The gps reported a max speed of 80 mph.

Just talked to the county. She was very interested in all the details - especially the verbal approval I was given  in 2007. I told her I may need more than 3 months to move them & she said that was fine & that considering the circumstances, as long as I was making an effort that they would work with me.
So now, my concern is not the county, but rather what the crazy neighbor will do next.

Thanks to those who have expressed intrest & encouragement. I have been giving this a lot of thought & am proceeding down a path that I believe will be the most productive.
I will be offering several for sale & I will make appropriate descriptions including photos.
I will investigate the appropriate venues for listing them - I may even try Ebay.  Shocked

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: