Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 05:31:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Out of the shop but does not quite seem the same...  (Read 7937 times)
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 05:10:19 PM »

David at Davids Coach just works on buses. A lot of entertainer buses and church buses and "HUGGY".
the first time he worked on my bus he asked me if i cared if he steam cleaned the engine. He only wanted to work
on it if clean. That is just like the inside of his shop. spotless.

He is just about 40 miles north of i85.

Was by there several weeks ago and he had Kelley Picklers bus. That was the second thing she bought after she
won on tv. if you have seen her picture after you will know what the first thing was.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »

Never mind the continued hand wringing on here.

Get back there and see what is what.

Give them a chance to show you their reputation.

Especially when you are flying blind and inexperienced.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »

The funny thing is that the times I have popped in on them during the week, there are always 4 or 5 guys sitting around in a circle talking and maybe 2 or 3 Greyhounds in the bay and no trucks at all.  When I picked it up yesterday there was a fire truck in there.  They are NOT busy.

Every Detroit dealer I have talked to readily admits they will put trucks in front of the line before motorhomes even if the motorhome was there first.  I don't know that they will stop work on your vehicle once they start, but getting the work started could take longer.

I did notice when I was in Chattanooga on my way to Arcadia in December that Covington there did not look busy at all.  There wasn't a single truck outside in the yard at all.  The Detroit dealers here in Minneapolis always seem to have at least a few vehicles sitting outside.

I hope W.W. Williams gets your bus fixed right without costing you a lot more money.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »

I only suggested Genes or Davids because his profile shows NC as home. I thought he might be close. I would take it to the place that worked on it if I was close.

If he is close to either one of these guys they will tell him what is really happening.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »

I just checked with a friend at Williams in Phoenix all locations offer 90 days for labor and 1 year on parts for a warranty not that it helps you Marc but they are not going hang out to dry like most mom and pop shops  

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 05:38:25 PM »

I just checked with a friend at Williams in Phoenix all locations offer 90 days for labor and 1 year on parts for a warranty not that it helps you Marc but they are not going hang out to dry like most mom and pop shops  

good luck

Thanks for the encouragement.  When they first called me saying it was done they told me it still smoked and that there was probably something else wrong.  I was taken aback that they were willing to give it back like that when I brought it in to be repaired!  Then we thought it cleared up.  Turns out it didn't.  Does this indicate that they did not do a compression check?

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »

Bill said a compression test is standard policy when you loose a injector the metal has to pass through the valves he is not defending the branch he said if it came from his shop he would eat the whole bill even a new head if needed but he knows nothing about that branch management but it should be the same 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 05:53:20 PM »

Bill said a compression test is standard policy when you loose a injector the metal has to pass through the valves he is not defending the branch he said if it came from his shop he would eat the whole bill even a new head if needed but he knows nothing about that branch management but it should be the same 

good luck

Thanks for the ammo.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
TedsBUSted

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »

The big mystery to me is how it is that the injector went bad at the exact same time that the exhaust came apart...Huh   Huh Huh Huh

Can somebody explain how these things might be connected?  A very strange coincidence to me.  When we picked the bus up, it was purring like a kitten.  Smooth and quiet  (for a diesel).

Whether it was noticeable or not, the engine picked up a vibration with the misfire.
I would guess that the vibration finished off a weak exhaust flange.

Hope you get rolling soon.

---

Bus polygamist. Always room for another, especially 04 or 06 are welcome. NE from Chicago, across the pond.
brando4905

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2011, 04:30:01 AM »

Marc,

I definitely feel your frustration, sounds like you have my luck with buses. Angry Hang in there, W.W. Williams will get it right.

If it turns into more internal work I would second Uncle Ned's recommendation and drive her on home, he's right about David's Coach, top notch work and alot less money out of your pocket. If you need a head, I know of a place in Charlotte that can either rebuild yours or get one off the shelf for a fraction of the normal price.

Got my fingers crossed for you,
Brandon

1980 GMC H8H-649  8V71/V730 Marion,NC

"The highway is for gamblers, better use your sense" -Dylan
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 05:26:28 AM »

I just spoke with the manager over at Williams.  He said he would personally get involved and to bring the bus right over.  I pray he will see my side of things and this bus can get fixed right.

Marc

thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 06:31:53 AM »

Woops double posted by accident from the Blackberry.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:54:35 AM by thejumpsuitman » Logged

thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 06:33:30 AM »

The bus is back at Williams.  They do talk a good game.  Let's see if they get me fixed. This is day 11 after first dropping it off with them.

travlinman

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2011, 07:35:41 AM »

Marc,

I feel your pain, as my bus purchase did not go much better than yours has gone so far. Mine developed a serious oil leak on the drive out to the west coast.. I was able to limp it to a reputable mechanic where it spent the next five weeks!!! Yep 5! By this time I had lost all patience with the thing and was back on the road in my camper van. It is just this winter that I have regained my interest in the Bus and I hope to have it on the road by April. These things take massive amounts of patience and time, so remember your journey is just at its beginning. Rome was not built in a day, and neither can a bus be fixed in a day.

TM

Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2011, 07:59:20 AM »

Let's be fair to Williams, how many of those days in Montgomery have absolutely nothing to do with them?

We prefer to slag a vendor's reputation on here AFTER they have failed you.

You aren't there yet.

We also have no way of knowing the original terms of engagement and what limits you may have put on their attempts to HELP YOU so far...

This isn't your average internet slag fest, this is BCM.

This community likes to think just a little more highly of ourselves.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: