Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 06:03:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smoking. Cracked ring...??? What to do  (Read 65437 times)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: March 09, 2011, 12:35:14 PM »

Well I as soon as possible I will be implementing "Operation Spare Engine"...

I see no other sure-fire way to hedge against this kind of thing.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: March 09, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »

Saw the perfect spare engine for you while visiting Gene Russell last week. Only problem will be talking him out of it.

It was in a gmc truck. Had 12 cylinders,twin turbos.

Would look good in a eagle.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: March 09, 2011, 01:40:40 PM »

Spare sounds great till you are several thousand miles away from it. Instead of tow then you would faced with shipping. I am not sure there is a good way to cover all bases except to have a rainy day fund that you may never need but will have if you can keep from dipping into it. LOL

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
chart1

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: March 09, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »

the good thing about having a spare is fly home load the engine in the back of the old pickup and drive it to the bus. Still 1000's cheaper than a rebuild on the road away from home.

1976 MCI 8
8v71/740auto
8" roof raise
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #319 on: March 09, 2011, 03:25:37 PM »

Great news Marc!

Now let's pray that your drive home will be a pleasure and we wouldn't be able to wipe that smile off you face! Good for you for staying calm and persistent, I'm sure it will pay off.

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: March 09, 2011, 06:35:13 PM »

Still waiting for that "she runs like a sewing machine" post. But it is nice to see things going in a good direction that several predicted would happen.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: March 09, 2011, 08:13:27 PM »

great news buy the crew lunch!

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
blank

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2011, 08:23:26 PM »

UPDATE....
KUDOS to W.W. Williams for doing what I think most of us would agree is the "right thing!"
She said parts have been ordered and repairs are underway!   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Im very happy for you that your prayers were answered Marc, I truly am. Although it took a while, and you were alone in the desert for a time, they are doing the right thing now and for that we can all be thankful.

I would also agree that after all of this, and considering the 180 they are doing, they are not about to turn that Bus out without being reasonably sure of it, and will stand behind it for a while. Certainly long enough for you to start planning a better replacement or to overhaul the other 7/8 of what you have now. I believe youll be good to go for quite a while, time to start laying some asphalt under the nose. I would love to be with when your 10 miles down the road from this and start yelling in JOY!  Elvis is back.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I am glad this episode is almost over.

I had a real bad feeling about getting my tow bill reimbursed.  I can just imagine the insurance company saying, "Well, the closest garage was just 9 miles away, so we will give you 10% of the total bill."

We hope to hear from them soon saying that repairs are complete.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
chart1

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2011, 08:35:56 PM »

Hope we can all meet up some time soon at a rally and start telling stories...Marc will still the show!!LOL It will have to be a 2 week long rally.... Shocked Shocked

1976 MCI 8
8v71/740auto
8" roof raise
longjohn

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: March 10, 2011, 03:19:25 AM »

Hey Marc, Sometimes all it takes is a phone call!................ Wink

John O
Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: March 10, 2011, 06:29:10 AM »

I had a real bad feeling about getting my tow bill reimbursed.  I can just imagine the insurance company saying, "Well, the closest garage was just 9 miles away, so we will give you 10% of the total bill."

Well they might argue about how close the nearest shop was. But even if it was 5 miles away about $300 is the lowest a big wrecker will hook up and move a bus for. (and that's only if he's bored or broke! And under 10 miles!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: March 10, 2011, 06:53:37 AM »

Well got me pessimistic was the recording at Progressive.  "It said to submit your invoice for reimbursement consideration send to..."

I have a feeling I was going to get stuck with a good chunk of it.

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: March 10, 2011, 10:39:52 AM »

Well they might argue about how close the nearest shop was. But even if it was 5 miles away about $300 is the lowest a big wrecker will hook up and move a bus for. (and that's only if he's bored or broke! And under 10 miles!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Last time I was on "the big hook" it was $350 to just show up, and then it went from there.  Not cheap, I have insurance now and peace of mind.  Will this thing ever end, it is almost like Rambo or Rocky movies or something.

BCO

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: March 10, 2011, 11:17:45 AM »

BCO,

The quality and varied advice will keep it going a long while longer and given the mind boggling number of posts it is an experience of deep interest to most of us.  I think getting a bus with a fragile engine is a nightmare for all....I know I dread it happening to me.  Getting crosswise with a merchant/shop is high on the list of heartburn episodes to be avoided.  I don't think it will be a dead post till Jumpsuit gets many many miles down the road...trouble free.  Me, I am still holding my breath for the guy so I read all the posts and I am getting bluer by the minute. Grin

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: