Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 12:50:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ONE GOOD TRIP --- DREAM ON  (Read 4082 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 02:04:43 AM »

Could it be? Nah! Grin

Nope.  This is a shot of my uncle Karl, he stepped on a garden rake in 74 and it slapped him upside the head, and he has been dressing in womenfolk's attire ever since.

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 02:15:02 AM »

One Good Trip --- Dream On 

Van:  Don, would ya, could ya(won't you be my neighbor ), will ya, please post a nigh-time picture of your rear end   lit up?  Are those the LED's from Eagle Interiors? Looking good!

Camperbrat:  I'll 2nd that! Can we see your rear lit up??   Your fan club awaits 

Our coach is 100% LED now, the only thing left on it that is not LED would be the instrument lights, all of the rest of it, exterior and a lot of the interior are LED.  We plan on going to solar panels next for some relief on the diesel issue (Genset).  I know a guy who has a Flixible with them on it and he tells me they are putting out 40 watts on a sunny day, that might be the next avenue for us to go with high fuel prices and all.  (Anything helps anymore)

A great deal of what we use comes from United Pacific, and yes, I get them from Eagle Interiors in Oklahoma City. 

The tail lights themselves are of my own design.  You start out with a standard clear plastic Eagle back up light assembly, then you cut a circular hole in each one, and fit the light to the lens cover.  You also have to wire in a resistor bulb into the line in order to make everything gel. 

This is a rear shot of the marker lights only, the brake lights and third brake light in the trunk are not shown.  The three verticals are turn signal and marker only with back up lights.  We found that wiring in the brake lights made it extremely bright and I didn’t care for it.

The light bar on the bottom is wired for marker and brake.  When you hit the brakes the two on the end light up and all of the middle light up on the brake light side, along with the third brake light in the trunk (not shown). The above shot is "marker only" no brake light application showing.  The two at the very top are brake light only along with the trunk light and I run it as shown.

The bottom is illuminated (as with the trailer and the toad, depending on which one we are using) with what I call “Pimp Lites” and there are a little over 1,200 under the bus, I have never counted the trailer. 

Truckers have their Chicken Lights, we got the opposite.  I recently figured a way to LED the docking lights (again using truck stuff), and have them now, but do to the weather have not installed them in the coach, when I get them in I will show them to you.

Give Randy a call, he will fix you up, he has it all in stock.  Randy takes most major credit cards and will UPS it to you anywhere you are, he is a great guy and his prices are in line with most everyone else.  Eagle Interior Accents, Inc 213 Alliance Blvd, Okie City, Ok 73128  405 495 1899

Hope this helps.

BCO

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 05:21:30 AM »

Wow! That looks awesome Don!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 05:24:51 AM »

Thanks Don! How gorgeous, love the pimp lights, looks like the bus is just hovering there in the shop. NICE! Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 05:26:21 AM »

Ya gotta see them in person, cameras never do them complete justice.  Wink

Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 05:46:28 AM »

From the looks of that bus and the garage it's in and that dirty tee, I'm thinking you are not being absolutely completely forthright with all the info.

Seems to me you probably have gotten way closer to that dream and done it many more times than the bulk of those reading the post.

I think I got there once, maybe, but can't remember.

By the way how do you keep your wife buying you those white t-shirts after all the years. My wife has hidden all of mine way back and I am only handed one on very special occasions. My drawer is full of hand me downs and mismatches and any color but white.

Shorten your trips the results will improve dramaticly

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 06:09:27 AM »

Thanks, it is kind of cheezy, but we like it.

BCO

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 06:21:13 AM »

Thanks, it is kind of cheezy, but we like it.

BCO

Cheezy? Actually I  made a run  out of pvc tubing that I can assemble and take apart and store in the bus. I put clips on it and attatch a blue rope light to it and set it up under the bus. At night it looks like the bus is hovering on a blue cloud!!! That and it makes it easier for some beer drinker who wears my clothes, that has been visiting other beer drinkers, a clearly marked place to head for as long as it's before sun up!

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 06:25:22 AM »

I have gone to Goodwill and bought cheap long sleeve shirts to wear when working on the bus, that way i don't have grease and oil all of the way up to my shoulders.....if i remember to wear them. Grin   Wash them a few times until they get torn or won't come clean anymore then use them for throwaway rags.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 06:29:11 AM »

From the looks of that bus and the garage it's in and that dirty tee, I'm thinking you are not being absolutely completely forthright with all the info.

Seems to me you probably have gotten way closer to that dream and done it many more times than the bulk of those reading the post.

I think I got there once, maybe, but can't remember.

By the way how do you keep your wife buying you those white t-shirts after all the years. My wife has hidden all of mine way back and I am only handed one on very special occasions. My drawer is full of hand me downs and mismatches and any color but white.

Shorten your trips the results will improve dramaticly

I try to do my best and keep the shop organized (if possible) as it is a real pain to clean it when it gets trashed (because of the size of it) and takes up considerable time to do it.  The picture was taken in the spring, last year, it wasn't on my wedding day.  Once a year, I gather up all of my stuff, and I polish all my wheels (which I absolutely hate to do, if you can find someone to do it cheaply it is a bargain trust me) and I also do the alum and the bumpers.  This process takes about 55 hours to do it all. 

The rest of the time it is just, wash, wax and shine (Imron doesn't have to be waxed just throwing that in) and then stylin' on the boulevard.

She has no say so on my T-shirts, I am the King of My Castle (and she says it is okay for me to say that) ...  T-shirts are becoming a problem these days, every time we attend a bus meet, they do not have my size. 

XLFB (Extra Large With A Full Belly)

Pretty sure, like the majority of you, the trips are going to get shorter.  For one thing, "the spontaneous let's go do that thing" is more or less dead now for sure.  It will have to be planned out, and all avenues considered before even leaving the shop, with the high price of fuel, it is now a prerequisite.

When we started out, it was around 49.9 and the seems to be no end to it in sight now, a lot of the time after fueling the bus, I feel like an Alzheimers patient in a house of ill repute ... I know I have just been screwed ... But I don't remember it.  I am now easy on the big horse while cruising down the highway and sticking with the 60-65 mph limits (self imposed) trying to conserve whenever I can.

So for the time being, while we can afford it, we will keep making regular contributions to the Oil Executives Retirement Fund and like you say ... Traveling less but enjoying it more.  We don't go as often ... But by gawd, we still be steppin out in first class every now and then and will as long as we can.

BCO

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 06:40:28 AM »

What we need is to set up some kind of time share only with busses!   Wink Then you can drive your 40 mpg toad someplace and stay in old man Glines bus in Florida while he is back in Indiana. Something along those lines! Sometimes the obvious is right in front of our faces!!  Cheesy

DebDav

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 07:08:44 AM »

I also like the clean look of clear LED's that glow red and amber on activation.

Is there any DOT regulations on marker lamps that are clear and glow red and amber?

I have bought lamps from www.craigrsales.com under his American Superlights area.  I originally ordered clear but changed to red and amber.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 10:37:45 AM »

VAN HAGAN:  I will be in St George, Utah signing autograps and what knot.

As this is a non sanctioned whatever and open to everyone ... does this mean we have to bring our own donuts?

CHOPPER SCOTT:  Cheezy? Actually I  made a run  out of pvc tubing that I can assemble and take apart and store in the bus. I put clips on it and attatch a blue rope light to it and set it up under the bus. At night it looks like the bus is hovering on a blue cloud!!! That and it makes it easier for some beer drinker who wears my clothes, that has been visiting other beer drinkers, a clearly marked place to head for as long as it's before sun up!

One of my Eagle buddies from Belen, New Mexico, does the same thing, lays ‘em out under his coach at bus meets.  We are switiching over the docking lites to LED and that will be what we will use for porch lites in the future.

ED HACKENBRUCH  I have gone to Goodwill and bought cheap long sleeve shirts to wear when working on the bus, that way i don't have grease and oil all of the way up to my shoulders.....if i remember to wear them.    Wash them a few times until they get torn or won't come clean anymore then use them for throwaway rags.

Never considered that, this is a good idea.  I have some trash shirts that I use, and I wear overalls in the shop, carry some in the coach for emergencies.

DEBDAV:  I also like the clean look of clear LED's that glow red and amber on activation.

Is there any DOT regulations on marker lamps that are clear and glow red and amber?

I have bought lamps from www.craigrsales.com under his American Superlights area.  I originally ordered clear but changed to red and amber.

The only D.O.T. reg’s I came across were the size of the tail lights (area shown so many cubic inches) and that is about it.  They are on trucks all over the nation, if there were going to be a problem it would have surfaced by now.  In the beginning they got into trouble because of no reflectors built into the lights, but that has been addressed. 

LuvRbus (Clifford) doesn’t like them because they have no side lighting, but that too, has been corrected.  You can now purchase them where they can been seen from the side.  I have passed both D.O.T. and Law Enforcement in several states and have no problems, other than the occasional “safe driving award” for my lead foot.

The only apparent drawback I have found with their use is they do not build up enough heat to melt snow and ice, but if you are out in snow and ice with a bus, you have bigger problems to deal with believe me. 

We have run them both ways, colored and clear. 

It is best to make up your mind first (clear or colored) as the cost of retroffiting a bus is prohibitve and I was lucky enough to have a dumptruck guy take the old one’s off my hands.  I personally prefer the clear.

SIDE MARKER OLD STYLE

ROUND HEAD LITES WITH OLD STYLE (The round LED's inside the reflectors are turn signal only, they are also of my design)

SQUARE  HEADLIGHTS WITH OLD STYLE

FRONT AFTER DARK

Thank y’all for your replies,

BCO

qayqayt

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 11:15:08 AM »

OMG my side hurts and I have tears in my eyes.  This is the funniest string I've read in years!!  The photos are classic. 

I can SO relate to that silent prayer... "Please let us get through one trip where I can just hop in the bus and drive it again and my "to do" bus list hasn't doubled."

I have lied about my fuel mileage so often I don't even feel guilty anymore.

Byan
Vancouver BC

Bryan
Vancouver BC
GM PD-4108
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 11:26:20 AM »

Maybe we need to start a separate  thread for the DIRTY pictures Shocked Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: