Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 07:12:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I found!!!! Its Not for sale!!!  (Read 3345 times)
fredcliff
Cliff Maus

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2011, 02:05:37 PM »

I checked out this site and found MY BUS  It is NOT for sale!! and NOt a 91  I have emailed them to no avail to remove it

www.bargainbusnews.com/Buses/2263-1991MCIMCI
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 02:24:02 PM by fredcliff » Logged
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »

Not to hijack the thread, but another bus for sale on that site is this one:

http://www.bargainbusnews.com/Buses/1732-1980BristolVRT/

Its a 1980 Bristol VR, for sale at $59,900

Here's an almost identical bus for sale in the UK at £6,000:

http://www.usedcoachsales.co.uk/coach.ihtml?coach=797

Anyone want to start an import-export business with me??

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »

Not to hijack the thread, but another bus for sale on that site is this one: (snip) Its a 1980 Bristol VR, for sale at $59,900    Here's an almost identical bus for sale in the UK at £6,000:  (snip)

It's very common, Jeremy.  You see these ads all the time, such as a tatty RouteMaster (in North America) for $125,000 (but, of course, that's only £75,000 UK Sterling).  If it's an "antique". it must be worth a lot, right?  Anyone who falls for these deserves what he gets.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 03:07:10 PM »

Why would someone go to the trouble to do this? Some sort of scam?

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
fredcliff
Cliff Maus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 03:38:36 PM »

Well all I can say is mine is not For Sale and I bought for alot less then they have it listed and with the upgrades I have done would be asking lot more
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 03:56:39 PM »

Why don't you email them posing as a buyer?  See what they are trying to do?  Get some info and get them busted.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »

There must be a law broken somewhere with this...... I would imagine the site did it to up the potential cliental and do a sort of bait and switch. There might be like a copywrite law broken on the photos or something... if someone went to them posed as a customer and asked about your coach wanting to buy it only to be told they dont have because they sold it there could be damages for travel I suppose. Maybe you should consider contacting the Better Business Bureau to alert them. Ive looked at the site plenty and admired some of the buses on there when I was first looking to buy, Im glad I never did business with them! The coaches they advertise are way overpriced anyway.

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
somewhereinusa

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 04:03:52 PM »

That guy seems to troll the web, steal the pictures and description then offer on his site for more money. Others seem to be doing it too. A couple of months ago there was a Gillig listed on his site as well as about four others. Same pictures same description misspellings and all. This guy says he's in PA, one was in CA, and another in TX. It was also listed on e-bay.  I guess if he can get his price, he can buy it from whoever has it and make a profit.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »

Took me 3 months to have him remove a Prevost I bought from a guy for 1/2 the money he had advertised fwiw he has a Eagle there on the site that is not for sale

Life is short drink the good wine first
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »

Fred -

Here's the guy who owns the domain.

Suggest you WRITE him a letter, return receipt requested, insisting that he remove the listing for your bus from his website within 10 business days from the receipt of your letter.  In addition, politely let him know that if he doesn't, you will turn the matter over to your attorney for legal action.  Then do so, if necessary.

www.busesforsale.com LLC
      Tom DeFulvio
      1501 Baltimore Pike
      Springfield, PA 19064
      US
      Phone: +1.6105446625
      Email: busesforsale@comcast.net

Good Luck!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 04:31:20 PM »

I see that he has my listed also # 2182 Boy I would like to be able to get that price.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 04:37:40 PM »

He must be fluffing his site to make it look like he is a major player and to increase traffic. How does he handle it when a buyer shows interest for a bus he doesn't have and cannot show? Play a buyer at first and find out how much dancing he can do before you pull the rug out.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 04:38:18 PM »

Has anybody figured out who this guy is?

That is one of Sam Walker's website. He strikes again. For those people out there, that told me, that he has probably changed....this shows me he hasn't.

I suggest calling his DA. CC his DA on your letter. Calling the consumer fraud line. Something along those lines. He doesn't care about anything else....Oh wait. LOL, see if you can get his parole officer involved Grin.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 04:44:19 PM »

I knew it was Sam but I didn't want to stir the pot lol he is posting at top dollar for the people  

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 04:45:36 PM »

John -

Has anybody figured out who this guy is?

Oh, that's right.  Isn't this Tom character the fellow who "supposedly" took over Sam's operation?

Huh

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: