Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 10:47:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Branson MO.  (Read 1139 times)
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« on: September 13, 2006, 02:10:33 PM »

Heard there was a Bus rally in Branson.  Anyone know anything about this?  Around the 1st of Oct.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 03:36:19 PM »

The only thing we're aware of is Christy's get together in Joplin, MO about mid month October
...but you can check the calender of events and see what's been posted.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 04:23:47 PM »

There is an Eagles International (FMCA Chapter) rally in Branson Mo. on 10/2-5/06.  The Trail Boss is Byron Pigg (417-753-2285).  The last I heard, there are at least 40 Eagles signed up. 

Obviously, the rally is primarily for members, but they often open the rally to others if there is room.  The Branson Lakeside RV Park has been reduced in size in recent years, so I suspect they have filled their quota, but you can check with Byron.

We will be there.

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 05:59:08 PM »

Thank you Jim, while I am a Member of FMCA I can't really keep up with all their activities...I stand corrected.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 07:05:58 AM »

I attended several Eagle rallies and never heard of anyone being turned away.
One member, who cooked at Bus-n-USA, brings his own big grill and the food he produces is worth the trip!
Richard

There is an Eagles International (FMCA Chapter) rally in Branson Mo. on 10/2-5/06.  The Trail Boss is Byron Pigg (417-753-2285).  The last I heard, there are at least 40 Eagles signed up. 

Obviously, the rally is primarily for members, but they often open the rally to others if there is room.  The Branson Lakeside RV Park has been reduced in size in recent years, so I suspect they have filled their quota, but you can check with Byron.

We will be there.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 08:18:45 AM »

Richard, I did not mean to imply that they would turn folks away.  However, the campground is somewhat limited in space. 

It is only fair to give the dues paying members the first crack at the space available. 

Like any other organization, Eagles International is always interested in increasing their membership.  The best way to do that is to open the rallies to non-members when there is space available.

That is the reason why I gave Bryon Piggs' phone number in my first post.

Now for a bit of an editorial comment:

PLEASE do not wait till the last minute to sign up or worse yet, just plan on dropping in.  All rallies take a lot of planning and Byron does a great job.  He must know how many folks are coming so he can plan his activities.  I am sure he plans for a few extra, but if he is overwhelmed with folks he did not plan for, that becomes unfair to him.  End of soap box!

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 08:46:02 AM »

Richard, I did not mean to imply that they would turn folks away.  However, the campground is somewhat limited in space. 
It is only fair to give the dues paying members the first crack at the space available. 
Like any other organization, Eagles International is always interested in increasing their membership.  The best way to do that is to open the rallies to non-members when there is space available.
That is the reason why I gave Bryon Piggs' phone number in my first post.
Now for a bit of an editorial comment:

PLEASE do not wait till the last minute to sign up or worse yet, just plan on dropping in.  All rallies take a lot of planning and Byron does a great job.  He must know how many folks are coming so he can plan his activities.  I am sure he plans for a few extra, but if he is overwhelmed with folks he did not plan for, that becomes unfair to him.  End of soap box!

Great post Jim! That goes for any Rally/Gathering! BK  Grin

The "TN FALL BUS BASH @ Knuckle's" is coming up soon! Oct. 26th thru 31st! Please get those confirmations in soon! Have fun an enjoy ALL the good events coming up at this wonderful time of year for camping! [/size] [/color]

Great post Jim! That goes for any Rally/Gathering! BK  

Hey folks I took the liberty of hi-jacking Jim's post to another thread to share a very important point!

Get those registrations into Byron, Dallas & Cat, Christy, & Me and look at all the fun you'll have going to Branson, MO to Timmonsville, SC, to Carthage MO, and then here to Union City, TN for an excellent month long adventure of camping and commodere! BK!

Eagles Bash Branson, MO Oct 2nd-5th
Dallas & Cats Shindig Timmonsville, SC Oct 5th-8th
Christy's Jersey Round Up Carthage, MO Oct 13th-15th
TN Fall Bus Bash @ Knuckle's Union City, TN Oct 26th-31st
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:08:37 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: