Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 11:44:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worth the purchase?  (Read 2529 times)
MCI-RICK

1986 TMC 102A3 6V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 08:45:37 AM »

Tom C,

The interior height of the 4905 is noticeably lower than my MCI. At 5' 10" it's not that big a deal for me. I have been thinking about the lower windows though.  I could look straight out and up from inside my MCI.

I've been wondering how other bus nuts feel about the low windows on their 4905.

The 102C3 has great interior height and it's still a consideration.  It'll just take a bigger chunk of the conversion budget, IF there's such a thing, to get one.

Highway Yatch,

Cool name Smiley  I still have my MCI.  Just been rethinking what bus to convert.

bevans6 & 4905 doc

I went to test drive it yesterday but that batts were dead.  The shop moved it and left some lights on.  They're charging them so I can stop by tomorrow.  If we decide against it, I'll send you a pm with the shops number.

RickB,

Yeah I meant Detroit Diesel.

No computer - That's one of the things I like about the 4905.  My biggest interest is the 17.5kw Power Tech gen.  I'll take a look at the hour meter and post it for busnut input.

Thanks for all the input guys Smiley

Rick

Aim high but look out below
qayqayt

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »

I really like the look of the Buffalo style GM's but I'm biased.  The step down to the cockpit is a bit of a waste of conversion space.  Sounds like you're going to have to spend a grand or more (likely more) on tires.  On the plus side, if it's a nice conversion, $10K is a deal in my mind.

Bryan
Vancouver BC
GMC PD-4108

Bryan
Vancouver BC
GM PD-4108
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: