Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 08:29:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't let her in that New Bus with Slides!  (Read 5394 times)
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2011, 06:26:07 AM »

Well Mrs. Jones and I are in BIG Trouble! We had 4 shows in the palm Springs area 2 weeks ago and our friend Cathy invited us over to see her New Bus, It was a HR on a bus frame. Christi has not been the same. She has been looking at other rigs with slides "FOR SALE" Me & Mrs. Jones don't have a chance. I can't compete with the Pro Conv's. I think it started at the "Q" rally of 2010 and Christy Hicks showing off her new Prevo! Mrs. Jones may have to move. Listen guys, if you know whats good for you, Don't let her in that New Bus with Slides! I'll keep you all posted. M&C Cry
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:57:46 AM by Singing Land Cruiser » Logged

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:30:39 AM »

Tell her that she will not be happy with them when, not if, they start to leak.  Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:43:54 AM »

I've never been a slide fan but living full time in a bus slides would be the way to go, I am impressed with the Foretravel slides they took the slides to a new level with the HWH hydraulic slides don't think I would go with the electric we have a 5th wheel here with 4 electric sides something is always wrong with those 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
blank

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 06:54:20 AM »

No no no. I learned a long while back to poo poo slides around the Mrs. Give a women a foot and they want a hundred.

Agree, in a more semi permanent situation, parked over winter, the extra room would be welcome. traveling, where your only in a place a day or so and movin on, not so much.

Jackling54

1954' crown supercoach

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 06:59:05 AM »

Wow great timing on this subject !! Shocked My fiance just yesterday said " WE NEED A SLIDE AND NOW'S THE TIME !! SINCE the siding is not starting till this Monday it was 5 hrs last nite researching different mechanisms out there.The fab shop my crown is at is great and i know that if i did a living-room slide they would do a perfect job.But gee so many cons on these things..Don't think there are many ( if any ) crowns with a slide out there,But the air steam" community has done it and they have the round roof ..They look really neat.. Any input on that??

"I'd rather people hate me for who I am than love me for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 07:01:16 AM »

Ed, I tried that Jedi Mind Control on her before. I ended up with a longer Honey-do list Cry

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 07:04:19 AM »

Jack, LarryH could help on this ?. And I think he still has the parts for 2 slides in his shop in Tucson,Az

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 08:40:03 AM »

This reminds me of a funny story. The time before last we were parked at a rv park and while eating dinner, we noticed a couple standing outside our bus admiring the bus, I guess. Anyway about 20 minutes, the whole time I ate, I decided to go out and greet them with the usual, hey hows it going routine and asked if I could help them figure out what they were puzzled dhoot from the obvious looks they had and hand gestures. To my surprise, they were looking for the slides! They were even more shocked when I told them there weren't any. Their next question was, what year is my bus and I told them a 1992. The guy shook his head in disbelief and walked off. I guess everyone expects slides!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 10:28:55 AM »

All the hydraulic slides seem to work well. The gear driven and especially the scissor type electric units are a pain. Spending that much money and listening to those type of slide units operate really gives you an idea of whats under the skin!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »

Every time my wife goes into a rig with slides she wonders why anyone in their right mind would want them.  FWIW.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 04:20:36 PM »

89 with 2 slides and building 98 with 3 slides   a life style and personal choice. Great hobby just why we do it all differant. Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 05:12:19 PM »

Jack and i took a little trip from our current spot and i saw Robert's pride and joy today.  Judy is so happy with her island kitchen.  i'm going to make sure i don't tell Fran about anything i saw.  That would be our next project, i'm sure.  Nice bus robert.  those 2 slides do seem to make a lot of living space and walking area.

We also met Dennis (hiyosilver) who also has a really nice bus well laid out and comfy. 

That's the best part of busing - meeting and attaching faces to names, inspecting someone else's handiwork, and getting new insights.  Especially in Florida where it was 75 dg and sunny BK!   Wink Wink

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 06:24:13 PM »

It was 65 here in Nebraska today!! However it was 8 a week ago!!!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »

Every time my wife goes into a rig with slides she wonders why anyone in their right mind would want them.  FWIW.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Yeah.... it's a shame....... she just has a downstairs AND AN UPSTAIRS!!!!!!!!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 06:57:34 PM »

Quote from: white-eagle
Especially in Florida where it was 75 dg and sunny BK!   Wink Wink

Hey guess what Tom? I snuck out of the office all day today and took the Softball team from Jackson State Community College in Jackson, TN to Columbia, TN to play the Softball team from Jackson State Community College from Jackson, MI! Our TN girls stomped those MI girls 5-1 first game and 4-2 second game! Wink
Oh it was so beautiful sitting out in the sun on a nice 70-75 degree day watching pretty college girls play softball! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: