Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 01:44:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't let her in that New Bus with Slides!  (Read 5355 times)
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »

We are mgr's of a RV resort and will not be moving the 5th w/slides for about 3 yrs. Mrs Jones is to small for the 2 of us and a 13 y/o. We are going to sell the bus and save up for a pro. conv. bus to go on tour with. Grin

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »

OK now we are going to keep Mrs. Jones and re-fit her for our touring in 3 years. We found a 5th with slides for $4,500 that we will put on a rv site until the bus is done. I love it when she makes up my mind Huh M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 08:47:20 PM »

Mile,

If it is going to be in one place, the 5th wheel with slides is a good fit.  You should find that the bus will be easier to work on if you are not living in it.  Also, you will be able to keep it set up for travel and use it more.  There is a difference in the way things are arranged between the stationary and mobile mindset.  Although it may appear to be so at times, this is not a religion; there is no need for penance before the bus gods.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »

My brother likes the 5th wheel stationary style, but it isnt for me. For me, there is nothing like traveling down the road and having the kids asleep or playing in the bus and me in the driver's seat being able to ask for a cold ice tea or coffee. I like being able to pull over in freezing cold weather and run to the back to go to the bathroom without having to get out too  Wink

A plus with doing this is that your wife will quickly understand the difference between the strength of a bus and the weakness of a S&S. I had to live in one for awhile with my kids. It didnt take too long to understand they are made for weekends once in awhile, not full timin. She will LOVE Mrs. Jones in short order and the slides wont be so important!

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »

Now... we bought the 5th w/slides but can't get it till mid April SOooo we will move back into Mrs. Jones till then. Then we will move into the S&S, gut the bus and re-fit her. Wpew! O wait, she is no finished yet??  Huh Huh  Grin

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 06:03:20 PM »

I thought I read somewhere that you have moved into a house since you would be managing the campground for several years?  Did you give up on the house?

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Mike in GA

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 06:31:16 PM »

A fellow bus nut did a good job a week or so ago, crystalizing the advantage and disadvantage of a bus with slides.
     He said since my lifestyle is to make two big road trips a year - we spend four months in the summer in a New Hampshire campground, and three months in the winter in a Florida RV community - slides are probably a good idea. They make the bus more home-like with square rooms, less like a cigar tube. Easier to entertain, have extra family members visit for a week, provide more square footage, etc. Also, less in-and-out on the slide mechanisms to chance a mechanical problem.
     In his lifestyle they wouldn't work at all. They are on the go all summer, spending a day or two here and there all across the country, overnighting mostly at WalMarts, Crackerbarrels  and rest areas where slides shouldn't be extended. He doesn't want to crawl around retracted slides on those nights, or to hurdle the sofa to beat a path to the bathroom on the road, etc. They never have guests - just the two of them - don't want the hassle of faulty mechanisms out on the road, etc.
    Makes sense, no?
Mike in GA

Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 12 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »

Hi Brian, we did move into a house. Bad choice for one who mgt's a rv resort. We are hardly ever there and when we are we work on the yard and dwelling. So we are moving back on the park. We will take a hit in the pocket but life will be alot easyer. Grin M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 07:18:27 PM »

Mike in Ga.... Yes, Christi and I fell the same way. With the S&S 5th in one place as our home for 3 years we will re-fit the bus we have ( No Slides ) so we can tour the US Grin M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 12:05:55 PM »

40 mph wind and 2 inches of rain here last nite.    No slide leaks     Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print