Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 07:34:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Coach-Net... I think I'm in trouble...  (Read 4903 times)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »

Now that they have our bus torn down and repairs underway, I decided I should get my ducks in a row with Coach-Net.  

On Saturday when we stopped and called Williams, the shop manager said that if it was filling with fuel to stop driving immediately and get them to pull it in.  He said if it was related to what they did, they would eat the tow bill, and if now that we would "go from there".  

The shop manager gave me a number of a tow company and said to arrange to have it brought in.  They took us into Atlanta the following morning.  The invoice was left with Williams.  At that time, I really figured they would be taking care of it.

But every time they call me with numbers, they are including the tow bill.  And in conversations and emails with the company, they are saying it is my responsibility to pay for it...  Don't like that, but okay, I have a shiny new Coach-Net membership.

As I said, I figured I had better start getting things in order since they are posturing to push the tow bill to my side of the table.  I called Coach-Net today and they told me that since I did not call them first, that the tow bill is not eligible for reimbursement.

No, I didn't read the 17-page .pdf file on the website before we hit the road.  And yes, now that I have, I see where it says that.   I think I might be screwed...

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:11:12 PM by thejumpsuitman » Logged

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 12:38:15 PM »

How much of the tow bill is the friend who told you not to get Coach-Net till you got home going to cover?...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 12:59:11 PM »

How much of the tow bill is the friend who told you not to get Coach-Net till you got home going to cover?...Cable

This doesn't come into play.  I had coach-net at the time the tow was needed.  I just didn't have any contact information and did not know the policy of exemption.  In a court of law, I lose because I didn't read the terms on the .pdf file.  Maybe they will have mercy on me.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 02:02:49 PM »

Marc,

First off, I am sorry to hear that. I wasn't going to say anything, but I figured that would be the case.

JMHO, I would wait until everything is said and done. Get your bus fixed, and then talk about it down there face to face with them. I think you will make more progress that way.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 02:06:49 PM »

I agree with John. First get the coach fixed, then schmooz. I'm pullin' for ya...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 02:32:57 PM »

I agree.  Just makes it that much harder for us if they don't help us out.  Coachnet  did say that we could send in the receipt and they would consider covering it. 

Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 03:24:12 PM »

Hopefully you haven't talked to Coach Net too much,,there are really good in two areas,, safety along the side of the road, ( you were broke down in a dangerous position) and lack of communications (no telephone)  hint hint.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 03:36:01 PM »

Hopefully you haven't talked to Coach Net too much,,there are really good in two areas,, safety along the side of the road, ( you were broke down in a dangerous position) and lack of communications (no telephone)  hint hint.>>>Dan

Truth is since I had just signed up and was on the road, I had no card or the phone number.  I would never have dreamed they would have this kind of policy, but it is what it is.

white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 05:30:42 PM »

no triple a rv plus coverage either?  they let you send a bill later.  what about the insurance company?  i think we have tow coverage with our insurance, or at least we did with state farm when we had a house.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 05:51:46 PM »

Hey! I almost forgot about the isurance co.  I will call them tomorrow.  Thanks for reminding me.

pickpaul
New Bus Not

New Bus Not

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 06:30:21 PM »

AAA RV covers buses?
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 07:28:37 PM »

no triple a rv plus coverage either?  they let you send a bill later.  what about the insurance company?  i think we have tow coverage with our insurance, or at least we did with state farm when we had a house.

Tom as a former vendor AAA will try to worm out of the bill if you didn't call it in first! in some areas they have vendors (like we were) and some they don't. If you get it towed from an area that has a vendor they will try not to repay you. (or only pay you what they have a contract with the vendor for) And if you actually use the vendor and pay him I KNOW from experience that they will only pay what the vendor gets per his contract! (which is about 50% of the regular rate!) Trust me had many an RV owner calling us to complain #1 that we didn't tow them for free because they were AAA members (but they never told us that up front!) & #2 that we gouged them and AAA was only paying 1/2 our bill and they wanted us to refund the difference!

Quote from: pickpaul
AAA RV covers buses?

AAA RV PLUS does as long as the bus is an RV!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
blank

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 07:51:47 PM »

Williams told you (or I should say, you told us Williams told you) that if it was anything they missed, they would cover the tow.

They told you the piston is missing a chunk.

They told you that that chunk took out the injector and bent the valves. That would have happened BEFORE you went to Williams in Montgomery.

If this is all the case, how could two diagnosis at two seperate shops with at least two trained (I assume they are trained) mechanics, not see a missing chunk off the top of the piston?

My dander is getting up again. They blew $1125 of your money on diagnosis Monday. If they didnt look inside the cylinder through the inspection cover, and they didnt do a leak down or compression test, just what exactly did they do for 10 hours? If they did look in the cylinder, why didnt they see a chunk missing Monday, or two weeks back when they first started looking at it? If the injector was damaged (smashed) from piston chunks, and it would be obvious it was damaged, why did they give you the Bus back and send you on your merry way without telling you your engine experienced internal damage? Did you get the old injector back? Did you see it?

What a Merry Go Round of BS. Im done hearing about these clowns. I hope you get it back, I hope it runs okay, and I hope to GOD no one else is ever dumb enough to go to these people.

Should have maybe had this guy look at it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_pByHagM7Y
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:57:11 PM by artvonne » Logged
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »

Marc,
First call Coach-net back and ask for a supervisor. Then explain to them that #1 you are a new member, #2 you hadn't even gotten your card or any info on them yet, #3 it had just come out of a shop (which is one of the reason's that made you realize that you needed Coach-net for safety in case it broke down in the future!) #4 since it had just come out of the shop and they sent you a wrecker, and told you that if it was something they did they would pay the tow bill #5 they found out that it was not part of the repair that failed, so they will not pay it now. And #6 the reason you had it towed to Atlanta is because that is where their next location was at, and that is where they wanted you to bring it too!

They may or may not help ya on it! (I've seen it go both ways when we used to haul for them!)
Grin  BK  Grin 

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
blank

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »

They may or may not help ya on it! (I've seen it go both ways when we used to haul for them!)
Grin  BK  Grin 

So the moral of the story is to always call coach net first, and try to arrange for them to haul it to the particular shop that you want to work on it, or as close to there as possible?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: